say hello and tell about yourself

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule

Barked: Sun Sep 16, '07 10:31am PST 
I had my first seizure last aug. I started off clustering. 5 in that first day.needless to say, mom freaked! the vet started me on phenabarbitol. by oct 13 I had 21. vet added potassium bromide. I went 11 months without haveing any. then last week the monster returned. I had 3.
the vet is thinking I may have a fall pollen allergy that is my trigger.,so my meds have been upped again for awhile.
tell me about you
Electra

I love Harley- Davidsons...let'- s ride

Barked: Sun Sep 16, '07 11:01am PST 
Congrats on starting your new group. dancing

Dylan, our whole family always sends up prayers for you.
Our family loves your family.

Thanks for inviting me even though I am not epi.

G H H

dancing
Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule

Barked: Sun Sep 16, '07 1:56pm PST 
Welcome aboard! We Love Your whole family Too!

Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule

Barked: Mon Sep 17, '07 3:34am PST 
Hi Zoey
Zoey

Better than I- was

Barked: Wed Sep 26, '07 10:09pm PST 
Wow 11 months would be a record for me, but mostly I am just having the occasional breakout seizure now. Not like when my She first got me, with too many to count. And to think my last rescue was run by a vet! But no onethere knew how many seizures I was having. So I really did luck out with the She cause now I have the right dose of meds.
Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule

Barked: Sat Sep 29, '07 5:12am PST 
I think thats what I had Zoey. so far only the 3

welcome lucy
Jack- 7/7/2002 to- 8/2/2011

aka Jack attack

Barked: Wed Oct 31, '07 8:44pm PST 
11 months with no seizures? Boy I wish I could go that long. Mom thinks I have probably had them all my life since the first year of my life I was always in a small crate (23 hours a day) and the woman wouldn't know if I did or not. but since mom has had me I've had them and that's been for 4 years. They started out with me only having one seizure a month then I started having clusters of them. Mom brought me to the vet where she works and I was started on Phenobarb. Then mom switched my dog food to what she thought might be better (no names mentioned but it was a very bad choice, lots and lots of artificial preservatives) and my seizures started happening every 10 days and I would have between 6 and 15 of them, so my pheno was upped and the vet added potassium bromide. Still didn't work I still had clusters every 10 days so mom switched my food again. BUT this time it was to an all natural food (mom was told I might be sensitve to artificial preservatives as a lot of epileptic dogs are) I went from clusters every 10 days to 45 days! I still had clusters but only 6 of them and they were much milder. This last time I went 35 days between and only had 4 all day and they were a lot milder. So mom is happy they are getting better but would love to see the seizure monster disappear for 11 months! (Oh and so would I!)
Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule

Barked: Thu Nov 1, '07 4:44pm PST 
well, the last weekend hasn`t been good. between sat. nite at 11 and monday nite at 9:30, I`ve had 7. but seem to have stopped now.
its weird that sept oct last year is when I started and had 24. now this year I had 10 in those months and none others.

hope the get you worked out Jack. its good to meet you. just wish it wewe under diffrent circumstances
Dolly

The Dolly Llama- ;-)

Barked: Thu Nov 15, '07 11:12am PST 
I'm heeeeerrrrreeee.

Thanks Dylan for inviting me. Since you already know me, do you still want me to post my story?
Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule

Barked: Thu Nov 15, '07 1:38pm PST 
welcome Dolly.
it would be my greatest wish that no pup needed groups like this. its so sad that many of us do
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3