say hello and tell about yourself

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule
Barked: Sun Sep 16, '07 10:31am PST 
I had my first seizure last aug. I started off clustering. 5 in that first day.needless to say, mom freaked! the vet started me on phenabarbitol. by oct 13 I had 21. vet added potassium bromide. I went 11 months without haveing any. then last week the monster returned. I had 3.
the vet is thinking I may have a fall pollen allergy that is my trigger.,so my meds have been upped again for awhile.
tell me about you

I love Harley- Davidsons...let'- s ride
Barked: Sun Sep 16, '07 11:01am PST 
Congrats on starting your new group. dancing

Dylan, our whole family always sends up prayers for you.
Our family loves your family.

Thanks for inviting me even though I am not epi.

Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule
Barked: Sun Sep 16, '07 1:56pm PST 
Welcome aboard! We Love Your whole family Too!

Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule
Barked: Mon Sep 17, '07 3:34am PST 
Hi Zoey

Better than I- was
Barked: Wed Sep 26, '07 10:09pm PST 
Wow 11 months would be a record for me, but mostly I am just having the occasional breakout seizure now. Not like when my She first got me, with too many to count. And to think my last rescue was run by a vet! But no onethere knew how many seizures I was having. So I really did luck out with the She cause now I have the right dose of meds.
Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule
Barked: Sat Sep 29, '07 5:12am PST 
I think thats what I had Zoey. so far only the 3

welcome lucy
Jack- 7/7/2002 to- 8/2/2011

aka Jack attack
Barked: Wed Oct 31, '07 8:44pm PST 
11 months with no seizures? Boy I wish I could go that long. Mom thinks I have probably had them all my life since the first year of my life I was always in a small crate (23 hours a day) and the woman wouldn't know if I did or not. but since mom has had me I've had them and that's been for 4 years. They started out with me only having one seizure a month then I started having clusters of them. Mom brought me to the vet where she works and I was started on Phenobarb. Then mom switched my dog food to what she thought might be better (no names mentioned but it was a very bad choice, lots and lots of artificial preservatives) and my seizures started happening every 10 days and I would have between 6 and 15 of them, so my pheno was upped and the vet added potassium bromide. Still didn't work I still had clusters every 10 days so mom switched my food again. BUT this time it was to an all natural food (mom was told I might be sensitve to artificial preservatives as a lot of epileptic dogs are) I went from clusters every 10 days to 45 days! I still had clusters but only 6 of them and they were much milder. This last time I went 35 days between and only had 4 all day and they were a lot milder. So mom is happy they are getting better but would love to see the seizure monster disappear for 11 months! (Oh and so would I!)
Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule
Barked: Thu Nov 1, '07 4:44pm PST 
well, the last weekend hasn`t been good. between sat. nite at 11 and monday nite at 9:30, I`ve had 7. but seem to have stopped now.
its weird that sept oct last year is when I started and had 24. now this year I had 10 in those months and none others.

hope the get you worked out Jack. its good to meet you. just wish it wewe under diffrent circumstances

The Dolly Llama- ;-)
Barked: Thu Nov 15, '07 11:12am PST 
I'm heeeeerrrrreeee.

Thanks Dylan for inviting me. Since you already know me, do you still want me to post my story?
Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule
Barked: Thu Nov 15, '07 1:38pm PST 
welcome Dolly.
it would be my greatest wish that no pup needed groups like this. its so sad that many of us do
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3