Needing advice on Kane

Kane

Barked: Mon Sep 3, '07 11:18am PST 
So, we rescued Kane when he was about a year and a half. He is 2 now, so we've had him for about 6 months. When we got him he was so nice and loving to everyone he met. Here over the past couple of months he has become very agressive towards strang men and other dogs becides Zeus. We had him fix hopeing it would help. He has even attacked one other dog, and bit one of my male friends just today. Also, he nver barked at anything and now he's barking at everything. I don't understand why all of the sudden he as become such a dominate male. Any advice?
Sassy

Barked: Sat Oct 13, '07 4:03pm PST 
I hope that you dont have this problem anymore. My Sassy is like that to men who are large and some people with darker skin. I think that maybe she was abused by someone that was a man that may have had darker skinned.
Abigail

I'm part- squirrel

Barked: Sat Mar 15, '08 1:27pm PST 
AWW HOPE THINGS ARE BETTER WITH HIM. ABIGAIL WAS A BIT AGGRESSIVE TO STRANGERS WHEN WE FIRST GOT HER BUT NOW SHE JUST FOLLOWS THE REST THE PACKS FLOW.smile

Brutus

I'm, too sexy- for my collar

Barked: Wed Jun 10, '09 9:17am PST 
I know this thread is old, but how are things going? My greatest suggestion would be to slowly try and socialize him with very easy going, possibly older dogs; getting to know and see how well-behaved dogs act might encourage him to mellow out a little. Positive reinforcement training techniques tend to be most useful on aggressive dogs, so that you can gain their trust. Distrust and fear are likely what is causing such behavior; snapping his mind out of it by rewarding him for good behavior with treats may help at least slowly reduce the level of aggression. I would consult a dog trainer near you that specializes in positive reinforcement - preferrably at the beginning to have one-on-one consultations.