WHY DOES MY BOSTON MAKE THIS NOISE?

CALI

CALI- AKA PIG

Barked: Fri Jul 20, '07 9:48pm PST 
I DID NOT THINK MUCH OF THE NOISE WHEN I FIRST HERD IT BECAUSE .. ASSUMED SHE GOT WATER IN HER NOSE BECAUSE SHE HAD JUST FINISHED DRINKING WATER BUT NOW SHE DOES IT W/O TAKING A DRINK? THE BEST WAY TO DESCRIBE IT IS A SNORTING (DEEP) ? IF ANYONE KNOWS OF WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT PLEASE HELP!!
Bruiser

I will do- ANYTHING for- treats!!

Barked: Thu Jul 26, '07 6:04pm PST 
Bruiser also does that....not all the time but randomly, every so often. Not sure why.....Nothing really ever comes of it and he seems fine. confused
Bugzy- Boodles

My little con- artist

Barked: Sat Sep 22, '07 9:19pm PST 
Do you mean the backward sneeze?

Bostons and Cocker Spaniels seem to do that a lot, but it's nothing to worry about.

Just comfort the doggie and calm him/her down.

Rufus and- Pogo Russell- Berger

Barked: Sat Dec 22, '07 10:58am PST 
Many pug nose breeds have this same issue. It is casued by an elongated pallet. This is corrected through surgery, Rufus has the problem Pogo does not the surgery is pretty invasive but only effects them for about a week. It os ok when they are young but can cause breathing problems when they are older.
Ethel-Mae- Fundpucker-D- avis

"come here and- let me lick your- face....

Barked: Mon Mar 3, '08 3:06pm PST 
are you talking about the sound that sounds like a Asthma attack like they cant catch thier breath?...if htat is it EVERY Boston I have had, had that attack i found by grabing them under thier front legsin thier arm pits and just barely lifting them off the ground if forseces them to streatch and then just talk to them calmly...usually snapps Ethel right out of it
Ethel-Mae- Fundpucker-D- avis

"come here and- let me lick your- face....

Barked: Mon Mar 3, '08 9:02pm PST 
it sounds like the same thing ALL of my bostons that I have ever had had had at times....its like they get to excited try doing what I mentioned with lifting her up off the ground under her front legs and calmly talking to hr sometimes it doesnt work the first time but usually does in the end
Rocky

mama's little- man

Barked: Wed Mar 5, '08 11:19am PST 
We've had six bostons and all of them sneezed backwards.Our vet never seemed to think they needed anything done.I remember DJ my first did it and I didn't know about it and I thought he was dying,I about flipped out.
Buster

big dog in a- little package

Barked: Sat Oct 18, '08 5:51pm PST 
My boys both do it, it's called reverse sneezing. My vet told me to put my finger against their noses makeing them open their mouth to breath. Works for Buster, not Buddy. Buddy gets scared and I have to comfort him til it goes away. Both their pallets are normal.