Bible Study thread!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Sparky

Christian- Canines rock! :D

Barked: Wed Apr 25, '07 2:44pm PST 
Yes, after all of the procrastination, it is finally here! Our first Bible Study topic thread! Time to share our thoughts, prayers, feelings, and opinions!

Okay, first, let's all start off our first posts with introducing ourselves! Say your name and your favorite....Bible verse! And Why?

The topic this week is giving. What is accomplished in giving? Why is it important to give to others, whether your time or materials? How does it make you feel when you give? How many times a day do you think about the less fortunate or the selfless people who give more than take? What do you think God thinks about giving? Have you ever given to someone else and felt refreshed and great about what you were doing? What is your favorite Bible verse on giving?

After answering soem questions, please share your joys and concerns to pray for for this week.

Anybody is welcome to help me and Dooly with this Bible study! Please pawmail either one of us and we would be grateful for your help!big grin

Edited by author Wed Apr 25, '07 2:45pm PST

Finnegan

Is That Edible?

Barked: Thu Apr 26, '07 2:45pm PST 
Hi! My name is Finnegan, and Im proud to be a Christian Canine!

My favorite verse is Romans 3:22...I think. I just can't pick!

Hey, does anyone else think dogs should be allowed in Church?

Great Topic-"Giving." Mommy will post for me about that later!

Luv,
Finn
Dooly

Who you callin'- a piggy!?!?!

Barked: Wed May 2, '07 10:02am PST 
One of my very favorite verses is "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3hi5-6 This is something I think about nearly everyday.

I think giving is such an important thing for Christians to do because we were given the greatest gift of all... eternal life. Jesus made the biggest sacrifice of all. When we do for others it shows them the love of Jesus Christ.

I just want to praise the Lord for all the blessings he has given me in my life... a great family, a home, and the means to help others.

♥ RIP- Copper- Beagleswor

My heart belongs- to Duke.

Barked: Wed Jul 18, '07 12:56pm PST 
Dooly, I love that one too.

Another is Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved AND YOUR HOUSE. Acts 16:31.

Mom says this one and has it written in various places in the house as a reminder to her for our girl. She worries so much about our girl, and knows that she raised her to fear God but she has turned her back on Him so this is one of mom's reminders that she will return.

She also likes the part that says ...and this too shall pass. When things get tough we remember that.
♥ RIP- Copper- Beagleswor

My heart belongs- to Duke.

Barked: Wed Jul 18, '07 12:56pm PST 
Dooly, I love that one too.

Another is Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved AND YOUR HOUSE. Acts 16:31.

Mom says this one and has it written in various places in the house as a reminder to her for our girl. She worries so much about our girl, and knows that she raised her to fear God but she has turned her back on Him so this is one of mom's reminders that she will return.

She also likes the part that says ...and this too shall pass. When things get tough we remember that.
"TESSA"

Born to Sniff- the Ground!

Barked: Fri Jul 27, '07 10:30am PST 
We like Proverbs 22:6. Teach your children to choose the right path, and when they are older, they will remain upon it."

Even when our children go astray, in the end and deep down they are true believers. They want to spread their wings and try new things but as parents we must keep our faith and know that they will return to the Lord when all else fails.

Edited by author Fri Jul 27, '07 10:31am PST

Zekey

I'm a lover, not- a fighter

Barked: Sun Oct 28, '07 7:03am PST 
Hi everydog! Mom's favorite Bible verse is Phillipians 2:13 [Not in your own strength] for it is God Who is all the while effectually at work in you [energizing and creating in you the power and desire], both to will and to work for His good pleasure and satisfaction and delight.
smile
♥- Dayzee- ♥

I got THE- power!! Jesus.

Barked: Fri Nov 2, '07 6:41pm PST 
Hi I'm Dayzee,
The verse we like ( oh there are so many) is
John 8:7
If anyone of you is without sin let him throw the first stone...
Mathew 6:14-15
For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your heavenly father will not forgive your sins.
Another one is
Mathew 7:1-2 Do not judge or you will be judged . For the same way you judge others you will be judged and with th measure you use it will be measured to you.

I am reminded always of this....
Gizmo the- Great!- (Therapy- Dog)

Ambassador for- better than- perfect dogs!

Barked: Sun Nov 4, '07 4:44am PST 
This is pawciting! We're happy to pawticipate.

This was an easy question for me. My favorite Bible passage is:
1 Cor. 12: 4-11

Because I believe that each one of us brings spiritual gifts to the world that only we can share, and that is how we serve. We tithe a lot of our time with our spiritual gifts.

And that relates to your question about giving. We believe it is ALL about giving. Giving of ourselves, serving God, and serving the community around us. When we give, we minister even if we never get to say the word "God" once, because by example, we are showing His love. I have very spiritual gifts because I am different and people can learn from me and apply it to either dogs or humans. We've had some very powerful moments, and there is no question God is working through my paws, as he does with all of us.

Gizz and gang

Edited by author Sun Nov 4, '07 4:52am PST

Gizmo the- Great!- (Therapy- Dog)

Ambassador for- better than- perfect dogs!

Barked: Sun Nov 4, '07 4:51am PST 
Finnegan....about dogs being allowed in church...check this out...

MINISTRY DOGS!

http://www.animalchaplains.com/

and

http://www.neads. org/services_new/ministry_dog.shtml

and

http://mondaymorningin sight.com/index.php/site/comments/mariners_canine_ministry_helps_bre ak_the_ice/

We've read that dogs make great meeters and greeters, and encourage conversation between parish members.

dog

Edited by author Sun Nov 4, '07 5:04am PST

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3