Favorite hiking trails?

Lucie

Barked: Sun Mar 18, '07 11:10am PST 
Hi -

Lucie and I go for a mountain hike several times a week - but we always do the same loop (the Seymour demonstration forest) because it's close-ish, and there's spots for Lucie to go swimming...

Anyone have any other favorite off-leash hikes to share?
Lilly

Miss Lilly - aka

Barked: Thu Mar 22, '07 2:02pm PST 
Hi Lucy,

Although Lilly does not go off leash (she's not quite 4lbs and I'm afraid of eagles thinking LUNCH) we spend the dryer weather at Buntzen Lake. Like Seymour it has a doggy off leash area and swimming area. Most sunny days we like to head over to Ambleside to meet up with our puppy pals. Have fun.
Lilly (and Winston)
Lilly

Miss Lilly - aka

Barked: Thu Mar 22, '07 2:03pm PST 
Hi Lucy,

Although Lilly does not go off leash (she's not quite 4lbs and I'm afraid of eagles thinking LUNCH) we spend the dryer weather at Buntzen Lake. Like Seymour it has a doggy off leash area and swimming area. Most sunny days we like to head over to Ambleside to meet up with our puppy pals. Have fun.
Lilly (and Winston)

Grouchy

groucheeee~

Barked: Thu Mar 22, '07 7:09pm PST 
Both Grouchy and Oscar love to go to the off-leash area at Buntzen Lake too!! Especially during summer! But their all time favourite would be the off-leash park at the end of No.3 Rd, Richmond. There are a lot of medium size dogs to play with~ big grin
Lucie

Barked: Sat Mar 24, '07 12:51am PST 
We just went on the best hike today - yes, despite the rain!

We went to Lighthouse Park in West Van - a pretty easy hike overall - and found a gorgeous part called Star Boat Cove that leads straight from the trees into the ocean! Big rocks, nothing but the ocean as far as we could see, set against the forest -- just stunning.

Though we took it at an easy stroll pace, it only took about 45 minutes to get from the parking lot down to the water for a swim and back. Next time, we'll be exploring more twists and turns.
Storm

Storm by the Sea

Barked: Thu May 14, '09 2:35pm PST 
I really like to go to the endowment lands at UBC (Pacific Spirit Park). They have lots of off leash areas there to run around and I always meet lots of friends!