Cats and Catahoulas

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2  
Bo

Bitches Love Me!

Barked: Mon Mar 10, '08 11:12am PST 
I introduced my dog to the kitten when she was just 6 weeks old, I had to supervise very closely, but now they actually sleep together, he thinks that the kitten is part of our dog pack, and the kitten actually thinks she is a dog and follows us on our walks.

But if Bo sees any cats other than our kitten, he is ready to tear it up.
Holly

"What ya- sniffing,- Holly?" - "Smells, Mom

Barked: Tue Apr 15, '08 9:34am PST 
We have kitties in our house, too. Even when I was a wee puppy, I tried to chase the kitties. they're boring if they don't run. Now the kitties live in the basement and we have the rest of the house. They're old so they're not going to change and play with us. Sometimes Crazy will tease us and smack us on the nose, but that just gets Matti barking - doesn't take much to set him off. He tried to grab Pie and fling her off the freezer so that she'd run, but Mommy got really mad at him and called him a BAD DOG. That made him really sad - he doesn't like being bad.
Holly
Bacardi

Bacardi - The fastest- Catahoula

Barked: Fri Apr 18, '08 8:05pm PST 
Being a Catahoula, it is in my blood to chase any thing that will run from me, including cats. My mom recently brought home a kitten and she looked like lunch to me. My mom would lock me in the bedroom with herself and the cat every day after my long walk until MiMi and I got along. I don't mind having MiMi around at all any more... I do chase her still sometimes. If you have any questions on how to go about getting your catahoula and cat to get along, ask my mom!

Roger

A dog and his- girl

Barked: Tue Jun 10, '08 11:05am PST 
I met a cat last week when Mom and I were out on a walk! She seemed pretty dog-savvy and let me sniff her all over and then walked with us for a while! I don't know why Mom was so surprised, EVERYone always loves me!
Coco

Barked: Tue Dec 2, '08 7:34pm PST 
Coco also does not get along to well with Maximus the kitty in our house. She seems to think it is her job to keep constant tabs on him. they have had a few fights so they need to be supervised at all times. Her hearding instinct it so stong. We have been through 2 trainers and not able to teach her to leave the kitty be
Doobie

I pitty the Foo- who eat my- Cereal

Barked: Sat Dec 13, '08 4:36pm PST 
Humm...Im good with cats but I grew up with themshrug I love and cuddle cats and cats love me
I do chace them now an then but I never hurt them wink
We watch the dog wisperer and he has works with dogs that DONT and I mean Really dont get along with cats you should watch! and also he has a group o here you should ask there, the dogs there probably have lots of ways to share that would help cure him way to go
Marty

I'm such a good- boy (most of the- time)

Barked: Fri Mar 6, '09 8:33am PST 
It took about two weeks for me to get used to my kitty sister when I came home. I still lunge at her from time to time but she actually likes me and follows me around now. I think this only works because I am a puppy and she is a young cat.
Mr. Blue

I'm not blue at- all!

Barked: Sun Mar 8, '09 10:30am PST 
My best friend is Oscar, who is a persian! We are in total love even though we are both boys. He likes to lay down with me and I lick his ears, he loves it.

Me personally, I don't like to feel a challenge from other doggies. But with cats, I don't feel much challenge and I think they are ok enough to relax with. I live with another cat named Charlie, and if I try to lick him he bops me on the nose! That doesn't bother me.

I bet when I was younger I would have chased the kitties, but now that I'm older I like to just cuddle them.
Georgia

I am not a Pit- Bull!

Barked: Tue Oct 27, '09 6:37pm PST 
Georgia is pretty good with our cat. At first she would fixate on her a lot. but now they pretty much ignore each other. A sniff here and there that's about it.
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2