|Barked: Sat Mar 3, '07 1:39pm PST |
|It sounds like fun, but can be some work too.
* When you have an idea, post a Sign-up/Rules post. Here you say the name of the Rover, the types of items that go in it, limitations on sign up (i.e. dogs who take small, senior cats, everyone?), how many pets you will accept (Small Rovers move faster, but Big Rovers will have more input), and the deadline to sign-up.
Make sure to get any info you need from them. Have them P-mail their address to you.
* Make your PACKage. You will be commiting more to the Rover than the other participants. Put in a lot, but in more than you think necessary, put in a big variety.
* Make up package labels, a diary, or anything else special you want to include.
* Make your Running Order. Set it up to run the least amount of distance it needs. Don't send it from NJ to CA, then to MI. Go NJ, MI, CA.
* Post a new thread with the Running Order/Roll Call. Have the first 3 recipients reply with their READY call, then kiss your Rover goodbye. Send it priority or parcel post. Use Delivery Confirmation!
* Watch the Running Order/Roll Call thread as your Rover travels for any potential hiccups. When the first pet receives the package, make sure the fourth pet posts their ready call, etc. Make sure a participant doesn't hold on to your Rover too long (2 days is usually a suitable amount of time for the Rover to stay at one home).
* If all goes well, your Rover will return to you and you will have gifts for yourself to enjoy and use to begin a new Rover.
* When your Rover is complete, you may wish to post a Thank You Thread for pets to discuss how the Rover when, how much they liked things they took, etc.
|my page | msg me | gift me | become pals|