Come on pups!

Orson

Grass isn't just- for cattle!

Barked: Sun Jan 14, '07 5:42pm PST 
Come on all you pups out there..............make your mommies and/or daddies share those treats you love so much, maybe our moms & dads will make them for us too!
Pepperoni

Ruff eedy ruff- ruuff

Barked: Fri Feb 9, '07 2:22pm PST 
O0oh! I like this group..lemme get my recipes later and i will post them for sure!wave
Orson

Grass isn't just- for cattle!

Barked: Thu Feb 15, '07 5:30am PST 
Sounds great, I can't wait to see them..............finding recipes that actual pups have tried and liked isn't easy smile

Leia

Princess Leia

Barked: Sun Aug 12, '07 6:27am PST 
I make this one for the babies birthdays or Christmas! Have tried numerous variations with pureed strawberries, applesauce, and lots of other dog-safe fruits and veggies. Also works WONDERFULLY as cupcakes!

Carob Chip Bundt Cake

This is a darker, richer, peanut flavored cake with carob chips and carob drizzled on top. A beautiful cake that serves 16-20 dogs, if you're having a bigger party.

1 cup whole wheat flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 cup peanut butter

1/4 cup butter, melted

1/3 cup honey (optional)

1 egg

1/2 cup carob chips (carob is a chocolate substitute)*

Mix the dry ingredients. Add the remaining ingredients and mix quickly. Bake in a greased ring mold at 350° for 40 minutes. Drizzle melted carob over cake when cooled. Store in the refrigerator.

* Do not use chocolate chips. If you cannot find carob chips, make the cake without them.

optional prep that I tried (for a double batch) About 10 strawberries pureed, up flour to 3 cups, baking soda to 3 tsp, cut honey to just 1/3 cup and add about 1/4 cup dried cranberries.

Frost with fat free cream cheese, and chop finely about 1/8 cup carob chips and use as sprinkles.
Leia

Princess Leia

Barked: Sun Aug 12, '07 7:01am PST 
Mommy makes us the most delicious cookies! We hate to share even when she makes us! Kira and I LOVE peanut butter so this is one of our all-time favorite treats!

Peanut Butter cookies

first you gotta talk your mommy into making these, then get her to preheat her oven to 350 F

next is the ingredients

1 cup water
1 tbsp of more water
1 cup smooth all-natural peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 large egg
4 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup of cornmeal

(sometimes mommy will add like a tbsp or two of carob chip powder as well to make Kira and me EXTRA happy!)

Then she's gotta mix the water, peanut butter, egg, and vanilla together, then slowly add in the flour and cornmeal

Then she has to knead it together with hands (maybe she'll let you lick them when she is done!) until it all holds together into a loose ball

Then she has to roll it out with a rolling pin on a floured surface until it is a good thickness (more or less an 1/8 of an inch)

Then she can either use cookie cutters for fun shapes, or a pizza cutter to make squares or whatever. Then once they are cut out, poke them full of holes with a fork (mommy seems to REALLY love that part)

The she's gotta cook them twice, once on 350F for 18 minutes, then let them cool totally off (this is the worst part as I can always smell them by this point!!) After about 20 minutes they need to go back into the oven (this time on 300 F for another 20 minutes until they are hard. Then out they come and onto a cooling rack! I hate waiting on them, but mommy says I'll burn myself if I eat them at this point. They can last in a sealed container for up to 30 days....but whoever has them around for that long??

Also another thing mommy loves to do with them is to mix about 1/2 a cup of natural peanut butter with a 1/4 cup of cornmeal (approximates here as she rarely measures it out the same way twice, but until it is a thicker consistency than peanut butter) and sometimes another tbsp of carob powder, and then some of the mixture between two cookies of the same size and type and OOOOOOOOOOOO is it good! But it is messy so keep them in the kitchen and off of your mommy's carpet or she'll be mad! And DON'T let her share them with neighbors! My mommy always does and those are mine and Kira's cookies! Anyway, hope you enjoy the cookies as much as Kira and I love them! Let me know!
katie

Barked: Thu Oct 2, '08 4:33pm PST 
I just bought a book of nothing but doggy recipies. ill post some tomarrow. thought it would be a lot easier and cheaper to make my own than trying to buy something that all my dogs will eat...some are very picky