Prayers for my surgery on Dec. 7th please!

Scruffy- "HEART"- Butler

Scruff- Puff....ready to- play and run!!!

Barked: Fri Dec 1, '06 10:39am PST 
This is Scruffy, some of you know me by now as I've been on Dogster since August. Anyways, I'm having surgery this coming Thursday, Dec. 7th for a removal of a small tumor. About the size of a pea. My owner caught it quickly and rushed me in for a needle biopsy. We are waiting for the doctor to call with the bloodwork results and other lab work. The doctor on call seemed to think it was nothing to worry about but my owner is. So please keep both of us in prayer. I will be wearing a plastic collar the tens day!!! I am the type of dog to bite at my stitches so it's best. But ten days!!!

Please think oif us as prayer is powerful! Hope your holiday season is blessed.

Scruffy
Chance

Butt scratches- appreciated.

Barked: Tue Dec 12, '06 7:28pm PST 
How'd it go?
Scruffy- "HEART"- Butler

Barked: Sun Dec 17, '06 5:20pm PST 
Scruffy is doing great! The first two days were the hardest but life is returning to normal. The tumor is believed to be beign....as all the margins came back clean. His sutures will be removed this Thursday and the cone will finally be off. Hurray! Scruffy will still have to take things slow for three more days...but by Christmas he can be who he is...and that's a dog who loves to run and jump. Can't wait!

Should be a memorable Christmas as it's our first and we have much to be thankful for.

Hope all is well with you Chance.

Merry Christmas!

Scruffy- "HEART"- Butler

Barked: Wed Dec 20, '06 1:41pm PST 
I get my sutures removed/out tomorrow, yippie! And finally this blasted cone comes off. I've smashed it off twice but my owner puts it back on after taping together and cleaning. Will be so good to scratch my neck again. My owners have been great about getting my itches and rubbing me. I love them and they love me!!!

Merry Christmas!
Chance

Barked: Wed Jan 3, '07 1:02pm PST 
That's GREAT!Congrats!
Scruffy- "HEART"- Butler

Barked: Sun Jan 7, '07 5:24pm PST 
Thanks Chance! I'm doing great! I got to go on a one mile walk today with the boy and owner. I was well behaved even though I truly wanted to chase the squirrels and I think, Ground Hogs. They look like huge squirrels!!! My hair is finally growing back at the incision site and my owner is pleased! I have a birthday coming up in Feb. and she wants me looking my best.

How are you Chance??? Thanks for your kind thoughts!

Scruffy
Chance

Barked: Mon Jan 8, '07 6:04pm PST 
Cool!! I probably walk a couples miles a day with mom each day,no more than 4 I would estimate.

Mommy has me totally submissive now.I go without a leash,carry stuff home for mommy when she buys animal products,and all of us love eachother!The house is sooo fun...except Amber's not too keen on me sniffing her so I don't touch her.Morris lay on me two days ago!I follow him around sometimes,and he'll tackle me and bite my neck.I see it as correction though,and I roll over on my side and he'll scatter off encouraging me to chase him,but I just fall back asleep.

Edited by author Mon Jan 8, '07 6:12pm PST

Scruffy- "HEART"- Butler

Barked: Thu Jan 11, '07 11:49am PST 
Wow, four miles a day! Just two miles would be great for me as I am 23 lbs. and on the medium size. I see your a larger dog Chance. Good that your getting so much exercise. Your owner benefits too! My owner would probably lose 10-15 lbs. if she walked me a few miles everyday...hum???? That's a motivational tool. You carry your dog products on your back??? Your the dog with a hiking pack/bag right? My owner checked into those...and I'll probably get one for my birthday as they are expensive. We need to shop around for proper size and fit. I should carry my own bottle of water but quite frankly, I'm spoiled. Glad to hear your family loves each other so much. I'm very happy to have gotten to know you Chance.

Take care,

Scruffy

Edited by author Thu Jan 11, '07 11:56am PST