How did you get addicted to Cockers?

Gretta

Where's my- Tiara?

Barked: Mon Nov 6, '06 9:37am PST 
Mom didn't even know she wanted a cocker until I told her she wanted a cocker BOL. She was on the list for another long-haired dachshund when I stole her heart, and now she can't even imagine life without a merry little spaniel.

How did you discover that cockers were for you?
Kali-the- Dark Goddess

I can snore loud- enough to wake- everyone

Barked: Mon Nov 6, '06 1:45pm PST 
I didn'd choose a cocker, she chose me! Read the arrival story on her home page. Her sister Pheobe also chose me!
Gretta

Where's my- Tiara?

Barked: Tue Nov 7, '06 5:40am PST 
BOL @ Phoebe's story! Pooping Kismet....

It is those soulful cocker eyes--they really know how to play us, don't they smile?

MR. MUDDLES

Can't hold my- licker

Barked: Tue Nov 7, '06 8:23am PST 
Mom had a cocker when she was a little girl. That was it for her . .. she loved that dog so much she couldn't imagine anyone wanting any other kind! Once she was out on her own - the first thing she had to do was buy a house so she could get me! She has sinced added a min pin to our family, but cockers will always be first in her heart.
Kali-the- Dark Goddess

I can snore loud- enough to wake- everyone

Barked: Tue Nov 7, '06 11:44am PST 
I love dogs period. But there is just something about cockers that really get to me. The dogs wait by the door when they hear the City bus stop in front of the house, as I'm walking up the driveway, I can see that round little head and big round butt wiggleing, I get so happy that I could pee! And all of the crap that I've put up with at work all day, just melts away.
MAX the- TRICKSTER

MR.- PERSONALITY! - PARTY DOG!

Barked: Thu Dec 11, '08 3:56pm PST 
Cockers are the sweetest dog around! My pawrents can't
kiss me enough I think there wearing my head out!

My pawrents said that cockers are the best dog they ever
had!

snoopydogsnoopysnoopydogsnoopy
Buddy

Tank-because he- just plows on- through

Barked: Mon Jan 12, '09 11:20pm PST 
It all started 14 yrs ago with our first cocker, Teddy. My partner brought him home from a friend who had fostered him but could no longer keep Mr. Ted. He 6 yr sold and had been rescued from his second foster home who had neglected him. He had foxtails in all of his paws, both ear drums and was a walking mat of hair. We cleaned him up, got the kennel cough taken care of and started our love affair with this breed. A sweeter, although snappy at times, more loyal friend I never could have had. Teddy got a friend, also rescued, Smokey, two years after we got him. Smokey was 5. Smokey died of cancer at 17 yrs, and Teddy followed him 3 yrs later at the age of 20! We got Sadie from rescue to keep Teddy company, then Buddy to keep Sadie company when Ted crossed over the rainbow bridge and Skippy, well, we met him when wonderful Cathy from Camp Cocker came through Sacramento. We wanted one more Cocker and fell in love with this gangly 2 yr old buff cocker who reminded us of Teddy. That was a year and a half ago. They are inseparable, and our best friends. I owned other breeds that I have loved: dachshunds and scottish terriers, but cockers have become the only breed I will ever own from now on. Jason, Buddy, Sadie and Skippy's daddy