Kitten Food

♥- Roxy- ♥

Polydactyl Maine- Coons Rule!

Barked: Sun Nov 5, '06 7:41pm PST 
What type of food do you feed (or plan to feed) you kitten and why?
I have not brought my new kitten home yet and I'm still thinking about which food I should use, so I'd be very interested to hear about what other people use for their kittens! Right now I only have a "senior" cat and she eats Wellness Super5mix Lite.
Oliver

Lil Love- Bug-*poot*

Barked: Mon Nov 6, '06 3:05pm PST 
Hiya Inky! From what I have heard, Wellness is really awesome! I was on Iams kitten food, but I wouldn't eat it cause my big sisters food is just toooo gooood! They are on a perscription diet from the vet. At my last check up, the vet said it was ok that I ate it ( my parents mix in some kitten food with it) It must be ok because I am growing like a weed and getting HUGE. When are you coming home to your family???? Hope it's soon!
Bastess

World Record- Holder for- Catlympic Relay

Barked: Mon Nov 6, '06 6:51pm PST 
I eat Iams Kitten. I was eating kitten wet food too, because I was very skinny when i came. But my last vet appointment, I learned I was 3 months and 4 pounds! So I am growing fast now.

When mom had my and my sister's food seperate, she would eat mine, and I would eat hers, so the Vet told mom to mix our food. So I get a little (or a lot) of Adult Iams too.

♥- Roxy- ♥

Barked: Mon Nov 6, '06 10:50pm PST 
I am not coming home for almost two months...sadly. It's too long! I wish it was sooner but the breeder won't send home any kittens until they are spayed/neutered at at least 14 weeks old, so I am going home when I am 15 weeks old (right after Xmas...)
I guess I will have some Xmas presents waiting for me, though!
Boomer

Biter of toes.

Barked: Tue Nov 7, '06 8:58pm PST 
Hi Inky... my Mommy feeds me Meow Mix kitten food but always makes sure it's a little moist. My baby teeth can't always chew it when it's hard. I also get some of my big sisters can food... YUMMY!!
♥- Roxy- ♥

Barked: Tue Nov 7, '06 9:02pm PST 
I keep hearing that a lot of people now say canned food is good to feed all the time... I always heard before that it wasn't so good for the teeth but now I hear a lot of people use it exclusively! Anyone know about that?
Oliver

Lil Love- Bug-*poot*

Barked: Fri Nov 10, '06 4:39pm PST 
Our vet has always said that dry food is better for our teeth, so our wet food is giving as a "snack" only. A tiny can lasts two days (Mommy throws out the rest). It is also the reason my sisters and I have packed on the pounds! But, we have other cat friends that say their vet is all for wet food. I guess you have to go with the advice of your own vet that you trust. We wish you were coming home sooner Inky - what a long time to wait!!!! It's seems like so much! I was only 8 weeks old when I came to my family....I can't imagine having to grow up without them for longer than that! Any updated pictures to show us?
Boomer

Biter of toes.

Barked: Fri Nov 10, '06 9:29pm PST 
my mommy gives me a little bit of canned food at night when she feeds sis Etheria. The vet says it's good to give me but not all the time.
Xena the Brave

I'm A- Survivor!!!!!

Barked: Sun Nov 12, '06 6:12am PST 
Hi My name is Kitten 1. I'm fairly new to the world and here. I'm now 4 weeks old and my human is planning on feeding me and my sister and our 3 brothers a food called Purina One Kitten with some of our milk replacer mixed/soaked in untill our teeth can handle dry food. I guess we have to wait a little bit longer for that though......he said he doesn't think we are quite ready for that yet. I can't wait though cause I'm getting so big now that kitten milk isn't filling me up for as long anymore. He said another week and we should be ready.