itchy skin

Molly

Life is MEANT to- be lived

Barked: Wed Aug 16, '06 5:39pm PST 
Hi-Does anyone have any ideas on how to soothe "itchy skin". We Goldens are famous for dry, itchy skin. Any suggestions will be welcome. My mom adds a tsp or two of CORN oil to my food a couple times a week and it really helps-any other suggestions?
Tedibear- Our Girl- Forever

Miss Bear

Barked: Fri Aug 18, '06 10:45am PST 
I have heard of a little olive oil in dog food. Does anyone know if that works? It works on humans eczema if it is applied right to the spot.
Pistol Pete

It\\\\\\\'s- Always Playtime!

Barked: Sun Aug 20, '06 1:09pm PST 
Oil added to your dog's food will help their coat...but not necessarily their skin. Plus you also must be careful not to give too much or its not good for their digestive system (and you may have some messses to clean up) Try an oatmeal shampoo its great for relieving itchy, dry skin. Your local Pet store should have a selection. I use EarthBath Oatmeal & Aloe on Pete...it helps alot and makes his coat super soft and shiny.

Dallas

Is it time to go- for a ride

Barked: Fri Sep 22, '06 2:40pm PST 
Just wondering if someone can maybe help me out I also itch all over, but then I lick my skin till it's almost raw. Just looking to see if anyone else has these problems and see what can be done about it.

Woof, woof
Dallas
sydney- raychel- klein

sydney aka

Barked: Mon Sep 25, '06 10:42am PST 
less baths, my mom found out that one bath every two months is plenty for me....when i get to dirty she just rinses me off and brushes me..... I love the brushing..... there is this really cool shampoo that has aloe in it, my mom uses that to... she also took me to the vet to make sure my thyroid was okay... *yuck*! that was no fun, she found out that sometimes if the thyroid is out of wack that can cause some skin ichy's.
Molly

I love tissues!

Barked: Tue Sep 26, '06 6:06pm PST 
my sister went to petco and bought me some skin care cream. it really works!