Dogs on Leashes ( Pitbulls, Dobermans,Huskie/Wolf)

Howie

Born -to- Play..Can we- play now?..Can- we

Barked: Sat Jul 15, '06 8:42am PST 
Again today 15/07/06 I was 'almost attacked' by a cross Huskie/Wolf off a leash who backtracked from his owner towards me, teeth snaring, while on my morning walk with my owner(Leashed as usual as I was born deaf)
My owner informes the other person to leash his dog and control it, to which the owner replied" maybe you should socialize your dog" !!
I my corner of Victoria (Saanich) a dog off a leash, who aggressivly goes after another dog or person and either attacks or shows harm is pounded and put down. No second chance. Please spread the word that aggressive dogs off a leash are not only a menace, but shouldn't be tollerated. Thank you
Lola

Half-Ewok,- Half-Fruit Bat!

Barked: Tue Sep 19, '06 10:22am PST 
Wow! That sucks. I know what you mean. Victoria can be such a "dog unfriendly" place you'd think people would be doing their best to change people opinions. I worry about our wee one once we take her out in the real world. She'd be a light snack for a nasty tempered big dog like that.
Howie

Born -to- Play..Can we- play now?..Can- we

Barked: Sun Dec 31, '06 12:20pm PST 
Hey! My Owner has found a nice way to ensure I do not get attacked by off leash angry dogs anymore.....The Bug Zapper( looks like a tennis raquet) One touch on a out of control dogs nose..and Bingo! It runs away really quickly. This does not do any damage to the animal but sure gives it a Zap !!

Bella

Mighty Mite

Barked: Thu Mar 1, '07 12:49pm PST 
What a great idea - the bug zapper should stop most dogs safely. I always worry about walking Bella. Twice our old girl Pita was in the mouth of a big off-leash dog at the Lagoon. I stopped taking her out because it scared me so badly. The big dog owners thought it was kind of funny.......NOT!
I'm very watchful when I take Bella out. I think I'll get myself a bug zapper!