What are YOU doing with your certificate???

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2  
Bella

Anyone have a- toy....anyone?

Barked: Wed May 30, '07 8:47pm PST 
Hello! I have been a therapy dog for about 10 months now, and I love it!! My mom, dad and I go to the Ronald McDonald house twice a month, and every once in a while we go to a nursing home. I give lots of love and make everyone laugh with my fun tricks. I look forward to learning and growing as a therapy dog. Nice to meet all of you.

Bella
Angel Maddy

Forever Loved.- 12/20/00-02/05/1- 2

Barked: Sun Sep 23, '07 4:36pm PST 
I sent a message to the group, but was so excited I had to post it here too! We just past our certification, and plan to volunteer with the Paws to Read program with kids, and visit the local retirement facility too.

We're so excited!!!

snoopy
Lucy, - Certified- Therapy Dog

You've Got a- Friend in Me

Barked: Mon Nov 5, '07 8:23am PST 
Hi there!

I work through our local hospital's hospice program, and I go to a group home weekly to visit the people there. I LOVE my job!wink

AUTUMN

AINT I JUST THE- CUTEST!!

Barked: Thu Nov 22, '07 8:38pm PST 
WELL I RECEIVED MY CERTIFICATE IN AUGUST OF THIS YEAR ONLY A COUPLE DAYS PAST MY1ST BIRTHDAY AND THE NEXT DAY I WENT TO AN ASSISTED LIVING FACILITY. ONE DAY A WEEK I GO TO TRAINING AND ONE DAY A WEEK I VISIT A NURSING HOME, HOSPITAL OR ASSISTED LIVING FACILITY. I LOVE BEING A THERAPY DOG IT IS THE BEST!!!!snoopy
Rambo,- Certified- Service Dog

Rambo... Living- Up to- Standards...

Barked: Mon Dec 17, '07 1:33pm PST 
I have been visiting the Children's Hospital, Senior's Residences and the Hospitals, Mum wants to get me into the R.E.A.D. program...

way to godancing
Maggie, CGC,- TDI, RN

Barked: Wed Dec 26, '07 10:27am PST 
My Mom is a teacher, so I can only make visits on school breaks. I love visiting the senior citizens at a local day service. They even made me home-baked doggie treats for Christmas!!! I attend autism events with my Boys, and I have a few new visiting prospects on the horizon. The shelter I was adopted from has a therapy group, and I may be able to join them when they have weekend visits to local facilities. My mom has also contacted a hospice home and a group home that are both on the campus of our church. I hope to begin visits at both places soon!
Abigail- (Abby)

Social/Therapy- Dog

Barked: Thu Jun 4, '09 5:46pm PST 
We just got ours in the mail today. So now were are going get a packet done and looks for some places that would love to have me around.

-Abby

Edited by author Thu Jun 4, '09 5:47pm PST

Cesar Millan Stewart

Barked: Tue Jun 9, '09 2:56pm PST 
I just wanted to make a few things clear to those of you that might not know TDI and it's policies.

First, to the person in India - HURRAY for you!! That's awesome.

However, Delta Society members and members of other therapy dog organizations - TDI does NOT allow a dog or person to be a member of TDI and any other organization. The reasoning - because TDI insures your dog, if you're doing therapy work and claim to be under another agency, it can cause confusion should an incident occur.

TDI's website - http://www.tdi-dog.org/

I have nothing against Delta Society or any other organization. However, I do have an issue with people that are 'collectors' of certificates. If you are part of one organization, there is no reason for you to become part of another. You can do therapy work no matter who you or your dog(s) are registered with.

In response to the original question - Cesar and I volunteer at Hospice and at a first stage dimentia/Alzheimer's care center.
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2