Husky Hair

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
KOZY-MUNSON

MS. ATTITUDE

Barked: Sat Apr 1, '06 4:53am PST 
I thought after 2 years of this, I would have a great system. Does ANYONE out there know a way (besies shaving) to get their blown coat out faster? I have soft brushes, wire brushes, undercoat brushes...heck! I have even vacumed her!
I do recommend a great product to get all of the hair out of the carpet. I bought a broom off of one of those tv infomercials. It takes a bit of elbow grease, but it really does work. The bristles are rubber, and it attracts the hair right out of the carpet. Now if I could only remember what the name of the broom was. When I remember, I will post it.
Anyway, thatnks in advance for all of your suggestions!
In the meantime, I have my puny undercoat brush, my bushel basket and lots of patience!!!
Cheyenne- Star- Sunshine

Run with me!

Barked: Sat Apr 1, '06 5:14pm PST 
I was wondering as well. Cheyenne's been blowing her coat for what seems like forever. If there's a way to get this done faster, I'd love to know!
kiera

just run.

Barked: Mon Apr 17, '06 1:40pm PST 
I've seen/heard that those dietary supplements are supposed to help, but I'm not sure if giving your pup something to keep them from shedding is really all that healthy. Kiera's blowing her coat for the first time this spring, and I thought that it stopped snowing after winter in Canada!

KOZY-MUNSON

MS. ATTITUDE

Barked: Mon Apr 17, '06 4:19pm PST 
Kozy is blowing her coat now, and It seems to get worse each year. Either that or my vacuum isn't what it used to be. I guess I just have to wait it out. She looks like a homeless vagabond dog, She won't even let me brush her.
Cain

Cain - "He never- sleeps".

Barked: Wed Apr 19, '06 4:35pm PST 
The best vacuum that works for us is the dyson pet vacuum (purple colored). It is pretty pricey but well worth it in the long run. As for the continuing shedding hair, the best thing is to brush them with a rake type of brush once or twice a week. This doesn't completely stop the hair flow, but it helps......
Lucy - 2004-2009

Keep on- Whoooo-in

Barked: Fri Apr 21, '06 2:05pm PST 
Hey,

We have this metal brush but it doesn't look like a brush. We got it at Petsmart or Petco. It's metal and has little teeth on it and this thing really works. We have to keep up w/it for a few weeks, but after she's brushed, she doesn't shed for at least a few days. She won't let us brush her either so it's a two person affair. I ususally hold her and my husband brushes. It's quite the ordeal.
Odin

I'm top dog- here!

Barked: Fri Apr 21, '06 7:29pm PST 
Our dogs brushing routine consists of more brush emptying than actuall brushing. The couches are really seeing the worst of this...this is my first spring with the dogs so this is pretty new to me...wow they shed lots! Aries has a VERY thick coat she feels like cotton, Im having a really hard time brushing her. We have a brush specialized for double coats. It has both the slicker and rake in one brush, its pretty useful but doesnt get deep enough, I know nothing about grooming
Luna Mischka- Dancer

*Crazy like a- Fox*

Barked: Wed Apr 26, '06 11:08pm PST 
I stick with the slicker brush, (tiny wires,ouch!). Their fur is a HUGE pain in the ass, but that's the small price we have to pay to run with the little wolf-like furbies >**< I got my 1st Husky in 1994, and have 4 currently. The slicker brush has become my friend over the years. I always dread doing it, (almost as much as they do), but I always feel sooooooo much better once it's done. With 4, I just try to get a little brushing in here and there; every day if possible. One boy is great about it & I try to brush lightly, since his coat isn't very thick. His brother, on the other hand, is a big baby; so he slowly tries to disappear, or has an out of body experience. The mother and her daughter are the worst ! Just like my 1st Sibe, Moon was. Complete bitches!!! No pun intended. I just try to be gentle with the girls. They hate their hind end being done the worst, so it must pull and be pretty painful. I usually try to stop a brushing session before they are totally hating life and/or me. I do my best to end the brushin' on a good note, before they start really start freakin-out ! I really need a grooming table......someday.
Luna Mischka- Dancer

*Crazy like a- Fox*

Barked: Wed Apr 26, '06 11:13pm PST 
I stick with the slicker brush, (tiny wires,ouch!). Their fur is a HUGE pain in the ass, but that's the small price we have to pay to run with the little wolf-like furbies >**< I got my 1st Husky in 1994, and have 4 currently. The slicker brush has become my friend over the years. I always dread doing it, (almost as much as they do), but I always feel sooooooo much better once it's done. With 4, I just try to get a little brushing in here and there; every day if possible. One boy is great about it & I try to brush lightly, since his coat isn't very thick. His brother, on the other hand, is a big baby; so he slowly tries to disappear, or has an out of body experience. The mother and her daughter are the worst ! Just like my 1st Sibe, Moon was. Complete bitches!!! No pun intended. I just try to be gentle with the girls. They hate their hind end being done the worst, so it must pull and be pretty painful. I usually try to stop a brushing session before they are totally hating life and/or me. I do my best to end the brushin' on a good note, before they start really start freakin-out ! I really need a grooming table......someday.
Cody

Cody -

Barked: Fri Apr 28, '06 11:49am PST 
That's wierd.....my pups like to get brushed. They even get jealous of each other as they are being brushed. Afterward, they get excited and start wrestling with each other.......
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3