Show and Tell Friday August 30

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Talker

Talk of the- Town!

Barked: Fri Aug 30, '13 10:29am PST 
August is almost gone!!! Geeze time is flying.

I'm happy because Mom will be home wiff me next week. She's off on family leave for bonding purposes.
cloud 9 Can you imagine mom and me bonding even closer than we are now????

happy dance
Mom is also giving gramma a vacation from Baby J. So I guess she'll bond wiff me and mom next week too.

Denny...I'm sorry that my cease and desist order didn't make it on time. Banners was suppose to high speed herself over there during the week and well...I guess she got side tracked or something. She says that you're local pizza places are great and she loves that they put anchovies on their pizzas.

shrug
Patan

Redefining the- word edible.

Barked: Sat Aug 31, '13 4:37pm PST 
Our tell is that Keyah is injured again. Dad let her jump up on a concrete wall to walk at the beach. We both like walking in the wall because you can see both the sidewalk and the beach. Anyhow, Keyah got hurt coming down. It looks like she reinjured the foot she had hurt before. Dad had to carry her to the car. Mom has to carry her downstairs to go out to pee. 23 lbs. doesn't seek like a lot until you have to carry it around. Don't tell Keyah I said that. shh

Mom's a little sad because she thinks this is the first time Keyah is showing her age (other than a few white hairs shh). We're going to have to be more careful from now on.

On that note, can anyone recommend some good pet stairs or ramps? We want to get one for the couch and one for the bed. We've tried to different one and they're so cheaply made that we sent them back. It's hard to tell from the pictures. We need something solid that will last.

Hope everyone has had a good week!
Savannah aka- Banners!

Banners on the- Run! NOT!

Barked: Sat Aug 31, '13 8:05pm PST 
Keyah we're so sorry you hurt yourself again. Mom is worried about keyah because she's remembering when I was hurt. Are you sure it's not something more serious like a spinal injury? When I kept hurting myself my injuries started off minor but then when I jumped off the couch, things got bad.

As for stairs, remember those big ones that my dad made me? My recommendation is not to have my dad make you any. Mom almost broke her toe on them.

But I would suggest that you get a ramp instead of instead of stairs. Also make sure there is nice carpet on them. We've seen the ramp kind on the foster and Smith doggie catalog. Maybe that's a good place to try.

Is Keyah on inflammation medication?

So here's my tell. I SAVED TALKER'S LIFE AGAIN TODAY!!!!!! little angel

You see, mom and baby J were in the bedroom cooling off because it's been really mucky at home. Dad was in the living room getting ready to watch the Dodger game. Well Tee decided to do his security rounds five minutes early in order to watch the game wiff Dad. Well he went into the computer room and flung the door open. Dad, being a stickler about keeping all the doors closed while the A/C is on, immediately shut the door; locking Tee in there wiff out any AIR!!!!!!!

Twenty minutes later, Dad went into the bedroom to ask mom if she wanted to go grab some dinner wiff the baby. Well I was flapping my wings big time and trying to get mom off the bed to go to the back bedroom. WELL finally she did. She saw shadows moving under the door and immediately heard me SCREAMING IN HER EAR, OPEN THE DOOR MOM TEE IS TRAPPED INSIDE AND IT'S 100 DEGREES IN THERE AND HE CAN'T GET OUT!!!!!!!!!

Sure enough mom opened the door and Tee came staggering out of there panting up a storm. relieved

So again...I saved his life. It's tough being an Angel.

Talker

Talk of the- Town!

Barked: Sat Aug 31, '13 8:15pm PST 
relievedrelieved
HOLY COW!!! I was in that room for about 20 minutes!!! I don't get it. Dad should know that I'm usually sitting wiff him watching the Dodgers. He should've noticed that I wasn't there!!! Okay, granted I did do my rounds earlier than usual, but seriously??? I was dying in that room!!!!!!

Thanks Banners! for watching out for me. Oh and for giving Big Daddy one of these naughty

Go Dodgers!!! blue dog
Patan

Barked: Sun Sep 1, '13 9:45am PST 
Phew Talker! It's a good thing Banners wasn't getting her wings groomed or something when you were trapped! Mom's are good about walking around and checking on us; dad's aren't as good. shrug

I think Banners must have been whispering in our ears too. Mom and Dad went to Petsmart this morning and came home with a ramp. It's meant for cars, but it works fine indoors too. It's very sturdy and has good traction. It took Keyah some getting used to, but she's good at it now.

She's much better today, but that may be more the rimadyl than anything else. She definitely got hurt this time by jumping off of the retaining wall at the beach. We're worried too because this is the second time she's injured that leg. We don't want this to become chronic. We're going to have to work extra hard to make Keyah take it easy from now on.

Go Dodgers! blue dog
Patan

Barked: Sun Sep 1, '13 7:24pm PST 
Update: Keyah has decided she'd rather change where she naps rather than use the ramp. Mom is not happy about it. We may have to buy a ramp for every piece of furniture in the house. confused

Talker and family: thanks for the POTP rosette! I think it helped. Keyah has been so much better today. Mom is keeping her an activity restrictions for awhile though.
Savannah aka- Banners!

Barked: Mon Sep 2, '13 6:34am PST 
cheer Keyah might be thinking that the ramp is put there to keep her off her spot.

I bet if you line treats all the way up the ramp it will encourage her to see the ramp as a good thing. Yeah, that's the ticket. Line up the ramp wiff treats every 15 minutes or so. Yeah...that's right...every 10 minutes, NO wait, every 5 minutes and then she'll like the ramp. Yeah...that's the ticket.

Either that or you'll have to buy more ramps. cheer
Patan

Barked: Mon Sep 2, '13 2:32pm PST 
We bought an extra ramp and used the treats to get Keyah to use it. She's using it like a pro now. Me? No way! No how! You will NOT see me on that ramp. Dad blocked all access to the furniture except through use of the ramp and I still won't use it. I'm sleeping on a rug now. I'm not getting my naps in. I'm tired. I'm grumpy. I even snarked at the cat for no reason. This ramp business has to STOP!!!!!!

I think I forgot to mention that Mom and Dad went swimming with a big fish. They say it isn't a fish, but it has fins and swims, so it's a fish to me. Mom posted pictures on the other site and has been smiling about it all weekend. I'm not sure what the big deal is. Maybe that big fish came with big chips. That would definitely make me smile.
Savannah aka- Banners!

Barked: Mon Sep 2, '13 10:19pm PST 
awww Patan. you're gonna have to make the adjustment. Big Daddy was a good coach and whenever he coached kids he said he always look for the kid who could make the adjustments out in the field. Bring in a swinger that swings to the left, the kid had to make the adjustment. Patan....you need to make the adjustment.

Keyah needs you to help make things work in order to help her heal. If you make the adjustment, I'll make sure to put in a good word for you for SANTA CLAWS!!!!!!!

Keyah, keep up the good work. I never got use to the steps so I had to make mom and dad get use to picking me up and putting me on the floor. They got use to it real soon. I would just stand close to the couch or bed and they would lift me up. When it came time to get off the bed, I would just wait until mom or dad heard me whimper and they would get up and put me on the floor. Whatever works.

BTW, we had a beautiful sunset this evening. It was silver. The sky was like silver with silvery white clouds. Real nice.
Talker

Talk of the- Town!

Barked: Mon Sep 2, '13 10:23pm PST 
Thanks banners for your input about ramps. I always jumped over the ramps Patan, so maybe you can do that too.

Patan, I saw your mom's happiness wiff the big fish AND IN THE WATER!!!! YOUR MOM MUST BE PART DOLPHIN!!! ! SHE WAS SWIMMING WIFF THE FISHES!!!!!!

relieved You should be happy that she didn't bring that fish home in a fish bowl. You would think that your mom would get use to not being in a large body of water after living wiff you. shrug

BTW, I finally got walked twice today. It's been so humid over here that mom couldn't get herself outside wiff me!

relieved Patan....is this what Florida feels like?
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2