Show and Tell August 23

Patan

Redefining the- word edible.

Barked: Sat Aug 24, '13 6:12pm PST 
MOM AND DAD ARE HOME!!!!!

I'm so happy that I do t even care that they didn't bring any pizza with them.

Mom had a great time and it's the best she's felt I quite awhile.

Dad workdthe whole time, but that's what he does anyhow.

Talker, how's your mom doing? This trial is dragging on forever. frown
Denny- Basenji

I dream of- peanut butter...

Barked: Sun Aug 25, '13 7:04am PST 
Yay Patan! I'm so glad your mama and daddy are home...but don't lose sight of the pizza. These past couple of weeks were really hard for mama, but things are looking up.

Mama found out she was three months pregnant just as she was having a miscarriage. She was so shocked. She and Daddy had given up on her ever getting pregnant. It was such a shock and really intense to go through the process with the doctors and everything.

So, Mama is trying to look on the bright side of things: at least they know now that she can get pregnant, and according to the doctors has probably been pregnant several times before but miscarried. Also, it shows that Mama is really strong in terms of being able to deal with pregnancy - she didn't have any morning sickness or anything. The only thing she felt was really sleepy for about two weeks. Then she was back to herself. Also, Mama was very lucky in that the miscarriage was not that painful. She just thought she was having bad cramps.

Also on the upside, it showed her she needs to get a new job that has benefits and pays more and is a healthier, less stressful lifestyle. So...

We didn't get the hairless puppy, but we will...
Talker

Talk of the- Town!

Barked: Sun Aug 25, '13 2:24pm PST 
hughughughughug
Wow Denny. That's some news about your mom. We are so happy that being able to make a baby is a possibility. Now you're mom knows that she can and can try again. Keep healthy and like you say...try to keep the stress out of your lives. hughughughug

Patan...yes our mediation on Monday didn't go well. On Wednesday the second Plaintiff settled her case. Everything has just unravel and has become a mess. The other two plaintiff's have settled their cases for peanuts because of the way the complaint was written for their termination (which should have made their cases huge).

So now mom is on her own and on September 10, the judge will decide on a court date for her. He wanted everyone to settle their cases, but the District again, offered peanuts for mom's case. So...she's gotta go to court and hash it out in public.

It was a stressful week for her.

Mom will be taking off on family leave time during the week of Sept 2. She has to space the time out. She wants to give our gramma a break with taking care of the baby.

So mom will get a way from work for a little bit.

Denny- Basenji

Barked: Mon Aug 26, '13 4:40am PST 
Talker, I know you had to recuse yourself from your Mama's case because of conflict of interest, but can't you do anything? Pull any strings "downtown"? Maybe use your fire marshall hat and inspect the courtroom or something? Your Mama needs a fair shake - and I don't mean tail shake!

I hope your Mama gets some relief soon and that she can relax a little even while taking care of the baby...and my Mama will come to her for all kinds of advice on hairless puppies and how to take care of them. My mama has never really done anything with babies except want one BOL.

Mama just used the B-A-T-H word. Should I be worried? She has been threatening it for about two weeks now, but I get the feeling she might be serious today.... eek
Talker

Talk of the- Town!

Barked: Mon Aug 26, '13 9:09am PST 
Denny I wish there was something i could do, but youre right....I had to step out of my mom's case. I swear if I could just give the attorneys a good bite in the arse, then all would be right.

BUT I can do something about you having to take a bath. i'll file the papers right away against your mom's intentions. dog walk
Talker

Talk of the- Town!

Barked: Tue Aug 27, '13 10:32pm PST 
we're bak on line. mom's computer went a little off. we've been using the ipad but we're back on line. However, our keyboard is a little off and when we type the "c"s get stuck.

wave
Denny- Basenji

Barked: Wed Aug 28, '13 8:54am PST 
Talker! Immediate action is required! It's too late for an injunction. I got a bath this morning. I need a full-on arrest warrant for Mommy! Okay, fine, not an arrest warrant, but I want to serve her with papers. She can eat paper while I eat kibble.

Bath. I got a bath. With shampoo. And she now has this scrubby mitt with rubber bristles. Okay, that part felt okay. It was like a really long scritch. But still. I'm pretty sure I've been violated.
Patan

Redefining the- word edible.

Barked: Sat Aug 31, '13 4:32pm PST 
Denny, that's a pretty incredible story! I have a feeling that there's a hairless puppy in the future.

Talker, we have you mom in our thoughts. I probably would have settled for peanuts, I have a weak resolve when it comes to food. We're proud of your mom for hanging in there.