Close X

FUR OF THE MONTH FOR JUNE 2013 - SHAMUS !!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
MerryBelle- Noelle Pie- SSW

GEORGIE'S- WIFE..FOREVER MY- COWBOY !!!

Barked: Sat Jun 1, '13 9:24am PST 
SHAMUS was born May 4, 2002 in a home within a mile of his forever home. He came home to live with his new family when he was 8 weeks old. It was the perfect timing as his new mom had just gotten laid off from a job she held for 18 years due to downsizing. She decided before seeking another she would be a stay at home mom for a bit! His family Knew immediately that Shamus was very smart the day he arrived. It was a hot, humid day.. His mom had opened up the refridgerator and baby Shamus climbed right on in! He was also housebroke in one day.. his mom was overjoyed by that! Within the first week you could see he was not your stereo-typical Lab. He was very calm, did not jump and did not chew anything but what he was given. His mom devoted herself into training him and enrolled him in school. He achieved his Canine Good Citizen award from the AKC. He went on to begin to do Rally training. Unfortunately his mom got a job with crazy hours in which it was impossible to attend regular classes. Shamus adapted to everything that came his way. He got along with old Piper just fine. Bunnies were added to the family and he never even thought to chase them. Chickens came along and how they hen-pecked Shamus bol..actually they liked to preen him. The biggest change came when his mom thought about getting another dog..this time a small one, specifically a Pomeranian. She knew that Shamus' calm demeanor would make that feasible. Clancey came and joined the household. Unfortunately he went to the Rainbow Bridge after a tragic accident when he was 6 months old. Along came Pippin .... and then Merry! Pippin became the Ruler of the Roost and Shamus was just fine with that. Nothing ever fazes him. About 6 months ago Shamus was diagnosed with Prostrate Cancer. He is on meds and being monitored by the Vet. He is not exhibiting any symptoms or in any pain so far.. All his family can do is make the most of every day because it is unknown what the future holds.

CONGRATULATIONS TO SHAMUS - THE DOGHOUSE FUR OF THE MONTH FOR JUNE 2013 !!!!

I LOVE MY BIG BROTHER !

SHAMUS LOVES PIPPIN

SHAMUS LOVES ME TOO !

PIPPIN THINKS HE IS TOP DOG BUT WE ALL KNOW OTHERWISE !

RELAXING WITH EBONY BUNNY

HANGING OUT WITH THE CHICKS

applausecheerpartypartypartycheerapplause

Edited by author Sat Jun 1, '13 9:25am PST

♥Lola- ♥

Loves belly rubs

Barked: Sat Jun 1, '13 10:02am PST 
Congrats handsome shamus for Fur of the Month at Doghouse!!!cheercheercheercheercheerflowersflowersflowersflowersflowers You sure are one good looking fellacloud 9cloud 9cloud 9cloud 9cloud 9cloud 9cloud 9 Love reading your interview with merryapplauseapplausecheercheercheercheer It sounds to me you being so calm you would have been a perfect service doghailhail I also love all your photoscloud 9cloud 9 Enjoy your special month sweetiekissingkissing

Edited by author Sat Jun 1, '13 10:03am PST

☯ Romeo- Beau ☯

Bred to SHRED!

Barked: Sat Jun 1, '13 10:48am PST 
Awww, congratulations, Shamus! What a sweet interview you had with Merry. It is a good thing you are so calm, having to share your home with two Pommies and chickens. laugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loud I am so glad you have such a fantastic home. Enjoy your special month, you really deserve the spotlight. hughughughugpartypartypartypartyparty

Charlie

Mommy's Angel

Barked: Sat Jun 1, '13 11:43am PST 
Congrats Shamus partypartypartyparty
♥- George- P.P.Pie- *SHM*

MERRYBELLE'S- HUSBAND!! SHE IS- MINE!!!

Barked: Sat Jun 1, '13 8:25pm PST 
applausepartypartypartyCONGRATULATIONS SHAMUS!!!partypartypartyapplause

I could NOT think of a better furson for Fur of the Month than you!big hugbig hug What a great interview!way to gohug You are like my sisfur..the "quiet ruler" of your kingdom!way to gohughughug Thank you for doing us the honor Shamie, we love you a lot and pray for you always!big hugbig hug

Merry once again a beautiful, unique interview!hug You are truly the best of the best!kissingkissing No I am NOT prejudiced!!!big grin BOL!!!!!big laughapplauselaugh out loudhailcloud 9kissingflowersflowers
Bailey NWD

Bailey- Blinkerson- Eskiwowow Raiman

Barked: Sun Jun 2, '13 8:36am PST 
Congratulations Shamus! How wonderful for you to be Fur of the Month! I hope you enjoy your special month in the spotlight!applauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplauseflowers
♒ ZANE♒

♥♥SASSY- LITTLE- DAWG♥♥

Barked: Sun Jun 2, '13 10:55am PST 
partypartypartyparty CONGRATULATIONS, SHAMUS!applauseapplauseapplause

Great interview and one cutie pie!big hugbig hug
Angel Shamus- ~ CGC~

Protector of the- Poms!

Barked: Sun Jun 2, '13 11:38am PST 
Thank you so much Lola, Romeo, Charlie, George, Bailey and Toddler Zanes!!! I am just thrilled beyond belief by this!hamster dancehappy dancehamster dance

I am a very laid back type of guy and just a big Mellow yellow Lab laugh out loudlaugh out loud but let me tell you this has got me jumping for joy!!snoopydogsnoopydog

Thank you Merry .. big hug You always are so sweet to me and giving me those sisterly kisses!!! Now Pippin on the other paw he is just going to have to realize that this month I AM THE KING laugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loudway to gowinkpartypartyparty
Darby

I love to- FRAP

Barked: Sun Jun 2, '13 8:34pm PST 
cheer happy dance Congratulations Shamus! happy dance cheer

Enjoy your month in the spotlight, it's well deserved! Loved all the cute pics! way to go

Hoping the meds keep you comfortable and sending lots of POP! hug
Krickette- CGC TDI

Snowbabie from- Idaho

Barked: Thu Jun 6, '13 3:14pm PST 
Congratulations Shamus Such a wonderful interview and I love the pictures. You are a very handsome fellow. We are so glad the medicine is doing its job and your doing greatbig hugbig hugapplauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplause Have a great month being Fur Of The Monthhappy dancehappy dancehappy dance
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2