TROUBLE in River City

CH Astarte's- Apache River

learning the- ropes

Barked: Sat May 18, '13 5:11pm PST 
We had company...company left...we went out front. Zuni found a bone, she came into the house with it, Mom took it from her and she attacked Cheyshock. It was bad. Mom and Dad got them pulled off one another and it looks like Zuni only has a small bite on her face but now they're separated again. Mom is hoping that this isn't another 6 month separation/retraining thing, she doesn't think she could handle that right now.

Zuni will be crated or tethered to Mom now for a while. She does get to go racing tomorrow though.
Stormie

Oooops! I ate my- motto....*burp!*

Barked: Sun May 19, '13 8:43am PST 
:-( Oh no! We hope it was just a fluke thing and that Zuni and Chey will go back to being friends. *paws crossed* hug Snarkiness is no good for the peeps or pups state of minds. big hug
Keyah

Hey you - give me a belly- rub.

Barked: Sun May 19, '13 12:54pm PST 
Patan and I had a BIG fight over a bone this year. I got a nasty bite of my face. We're fine now. Sometimes those extra special treats are trouble. Hope you guys are back to normal soon.

CH Astarte's- Apache River

learning the- ropes

Barked: Mon May 20, '13 10:04am PST 
Thanks for the good thoughts and letting us know we aren't alone. Chey is not so easy to forgive Zuni. Yesterday afternoon Zuni was back to giving Chey kisses and doing body wags when Mom says I LOVE YOU in Chey's presence but Chey got a little snarky so they were kept separated.

They were walked together this morning and went out back for just a little bit. Mom has also been doing the exercises she learned from the behaviorist. I know everything is going to be fine...but Daddy was a bit upset and I think he's nervous cause Mom is going away for a few days in June and he doesn't want to deal with it. Because of that Mom is going to take things nice and slow.
Talker

Talk of the- Town!

Barked: Mon May 20, '13 9:42pm PST 
eekeekeekeekeekeek

We've been busy at home this weekend and didn't see this until now. Boy that Zuni really takes her bones seriously. I hope you girls make up and be like sisters again. flowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowers
Denny- Basenji

I dream of- peanut butter...

Barked: Tue May 21, '13 4:25am PST 
Bones are serious business. As much of a mama's boy that I am, I will snark and snap and even bite (oh the shameful descent from my disinterested elegance!). It takes me a while to calm down, too.

Bones are like the amphetamines for dogs!
Zuni Breeze- CGC SGRC JOR- RATI

born to run

Barked: Tue May 21, '13 9:47am PST 
It's especially serious when the animal bones are brought into your yard by who knows what...probably Father Crow...and left for just ONE dog!!!

We're all better this morning! Momma started the day how we would normally be and I went up to Chey and gave her kisses..I MISSED her! Then we played.cheercheer

Mom was SO worried that it was going to be a long drawn out thing. With having to deal with Apache at the moment she just wasn't emotionally prepared to deal with us too.