HQ,and thier bark about the photo loading problem

Apollo

lost, but never- forgotten

Barked: Sat Feb 2, '13 5:46am PST 
PHOTO UPLOAD PROBLEM UPDATE:

For those of you who have written to Dogster Support, this will be old news, but for everyone else....

Photos can't be added to pet pages or groups, including logos.

Initially we gathered info on operating systems, browsers, screenshots, etc. (BTW, big WOOFS to those who sent technical info, screenshots, etc.) and the engineers began poking around. The initial team eliminated it being a feature-related issue (in other words, the photo uploader appears to be actually working) and turned the problem over to the OPS Team (operations) to see if the problem is platform related. The platform is the umbrella code that everything sits on. Think car frame. The engine, doors, etc. might all be working, but if the frame is broken, the car isn't going anywhere.

One of the engineers taking a leading role has been with Dogster since the early days, so he's key to understanding the original code for the feature and he's continuing to work with the OPS team.

At this point, we don't know if recently added photos are sitting on the photo servers and just can't be pulled for viewing, or if photos which members attempted to upload over the last few days will have to be re-added once the problem is solved.

We totally get that this is a big deal to everyone. Adding photos to a pet page was the crux of Top Dog's original idea and we're pulling out all the stops to get this figured out as soon as pawsible. The work ticket is marked critical and several engineers are working on it.

That's all I have right now. And yeah, that's not much more than I had yesterday, but I've promising those of you that wrote in that we would pass along info via this group even if it's only a tidbit at this point.

Woofs & Tail Wags!

-watch dog-
CRYSTAL

A TRIBUTE TO MY- PRINCESS

Barked: Sat Feb 2, '13 6:01am PST 
we got an email from Dosgter Head Quarters with this message to and I hope they will be able for fix the problem soon
So far in our recent pal activity all we got is an X with a blank space
thank you Apollo hail
Angel Lexi- ...Gone But- Never

Angel Kisses And- Butterfly- Whispers

Barked: Sat Feb 2, '13 7:51am PST 
Thank You Apollo...they are also asking that furs try not to add more photos until it's fixed. I have a few friends whom can upload now but I can't yet.

loving- memory- morris- 3.4.09

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '13 7:33am PST 
Thank you for keeping us updated... Hope they are able to fix this sooncat on moon
Apollo

lost, but never- forgotten

Barked: Mon Feb 4, '13 3:36pm PST 
ok, HQ says the photo uploader is fixed. but you may have to delete and reload, and of corse clear your cache.

now that its fixed, we will get back to the wing making. little angel