Adventures in Counter Surfing

Taj

Crown Prince of- Mischief

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 4:55pm PST 
How many of you Bratz have mad counter surfing skills? I'm no slouch at finessing all sorts of good and interesting stuff off any counter here, but I admit foster BRAT Ivee really impresses me.

Why, just this week she managed to snag something when Mom was preparing a pot roast for the slow cooker. Bummer that it was just the bag of baby carrots, but at least they were fun to play with and scatter all over the kitchen. You should have seen Mom's face! I think she was impressed, too!

Then this morning, Mom had some special toffee shortbread cookies to go with her coffee. While Tag and I concentrated to make the water hot pot make a funny noise so Mom would step away and go look, Ivee swiped the cookies off the counter. By the time Mom turned back around, we all had big mouthfuls of cookies. I know for sure Mom was impressed then, because she said one of her, er, special occasion words very loudly before she started laughing at us.

What are some of your major counter surfing scores? Let's brag!

Edited by author Sun Jan 13, '13 4:56pm PST

Talker

Talk of the- Town!

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 5:23pm PST 
Wow Taj, looks like you Bs work well as a team. I must admit red face I've never counter surf in my life. Even though all I would have to do is jump up on the seating bench and carefully walk upon the low desk and then onto the counter with ease where there are always plenty of dirty dishes waiting to be washed....well...I've never done it. red face At the most...I've snatched things off the otter-man and only because that's low and I can reach it. I've taken some of dad's food but not often. When he says, Leave it Tee...I leave it. shrug

I hear Patan and Stormie are good counter surfers.
Talker

Talk of the- Town!

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 8:08pm PST 
I don't think patan saw this. Oh and Marlow is a good surfer too.

Patan

Redefining the- word edible.

Barked: Tue Jan 15, '13 10:43am PST 
Nice work Taj. applause

I consider counter surfing to be one of me specialties. It helps that I'm tall. I think me best score was a wedge of cheese that Dads sister brought all the way from France for a party. I didn't leave them a bite. laugh out loud
Cheyenne- Moon

Live, love and- play

Barked: Tue Jan 15, '13 2:17pm PST 
applauseapplauseapplauseNice work!

We Bs don't counter surf...but we have no need to, Marlowe does it for us. He gets the spoils and then we just take them from him. laugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loud We figure why go out of our way trying to get up there when his head almost reaches the counter. He just needs to take a little hop up there and grab what he wants. He can reach a whole lot of stuff in the pantry too snoopy
Shaki

Sunbeam- Maven

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 9:25am PST 
I don't counter surf, but I do "plate surf." If the pawrents turn away from their plates at dinner time, me 'n' my long, lapping tongue grab hold of whatever is there. It takes talent 'n' finesse to do it without their suspecting a thing. Too bad one of them always seems to want to squeal on me! My fav thing to gobble up is a blob of sweet potato!!!