Close X

ANGEL FUR OF THE MONTH FOR DECEMBER 2012 ~ NEDDY SWEET ANGEL !!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
MerryBelle- Noelle Pie- SSW

GEORGIE'S- WIFE..FOREVER MY- COWBOY !!!

Barked: Sat Dec 1, '12 7:50am PST 
*MERRY is in the Doghouse awaiting the latest Fur of the Month to arrive for an interview and hoping the weather will hold out. There is severe weather advisories in the West with high winds, record rainfall and flooding. Last month the it was the East getting hit with Hurricane Sandy which led to no power and her unable to do an interview for Fur of the Month ... Merry waits and begins to get a bit worried all the while gnawing on her nails and checking the radar every few minutes...Finally she hears the door open behind her and she turns seeing the most beautiful sweet girl surrounded in a soft sparkling glow of light.......

NEDDY SWEET ANGEL !!

Come in!!!! You are the Doghouse's Angel Fur of the Month for December 2012 !!! Congratulations!! We love you and miss you .. But you are always in our hearts and will always be remembered hug

NEDDY SWEET ANGEL I have some questions to ask you so we can find out all about you.

Along with your sisfurs Caroline and Twister, you were a rescue during the time you lived in Arkansas.
Can you tell us this heart wrenching story?

I was just a blue eyed baby of 5 weeks old when this happened so I will repeat the story Momma tells because I don't really remember.cloud 9 They had just moved to Arkansas in May of '97 and was there maybe 2 weeks when a pickup with 3 men in the cab drove up to the house. The pickup bed was loaded down with dogs including our litter. They asked if anyone wanted to have a puppy and if not they were going to either turn us loose in the woods or shoot us.confused Momma was horrified and took our whole litter of 5. One sisfur was already adopted by a family down the road. Mom knew it was possible they would turn us loose because she had heard about the packs of wild dogs in the woods of Arkansas, and as far as shooting us that was pretty well the norm for that neck of the woods. So Momma took Caroline, my Dad (Mom's son) took me, and my skin sis Amy took Twister, and my other skin sis took Butchie and Willy. We all grew up together for the first year of our lives.

How old were you when your family moved from Arkansas to California. How did that trip go for you?

We left Arkansas in May of 2005 so that made me just a bit over 8 years old. It was a LONG trip!shock It was not only me but my sisfur Caroline, my brofur Bobie, the ArkieKatz, Mom's birdsbig grin and her rabbit Trixie who also made the trip OUT to Arkansas.laugh out loud He loved adventures as did the birds!laugh out loud It was an easy trip until we got to Needles where the brakes went out on the U Haul truck, on a SUNDAY mind you! We had to park in an empty parking lot while the men looked for a place open to buy the part they needed. It was SO HOT!shock All the kitties had their own carrier as did Trixie and we were all getting overheated. There was a mini-mart nearby and Momma began buying up ice and packing it around the cats and the rabbit and also icing us pups down by rubbing it over our bodies. That's how we managed to stay cool until the truck was back on the road.way to go

How did you like your new home in California? What people and furs shared your life with you?

It was a big change that is for sure. What I loved most of all about California is the weather isn't as dramatic as in Arkansas..I did NOT hear tornado sirens, and we don't have the thunderstorms like where I was born. We live on a busy street down from a big hospital so there are plenty of sirens from emergency vehicles. Caroline and me sang the "song of the hounds" with each siren until we began to lose our hearing from old age. Momma sure misses that.cloud 9hug

You and Caroline, while sisters, had to be kept separate. What was the reason for this?

Because Caroline did not LIKE me!shockshrug Actually a lot of problems came from the fact we were starving when Momma got us and so there were issues over food always. Never anything else, just the food and ONLY between us two. Mom thinks we had memories of our hunger and were determined that would never happen again. It made Momma sad we never got along or established an Alpha dog.

How did you wind up with the name Ned ???smile!!Did you have any nicknames?

Bol! My Dad named me!shock You have to remember...he's a guy and they think differently!laugh out loud He named me Ned thinking I was a boy. When we were cuddling in the car I flipped over on my back and gave him the shock of his life!big grin I kept the name Ned, sort of like a boy named Sue!wink Yes I had nicknames...Fat Girlred faceshrug, Ned_Linker (because I supposedly looked like a sausage with legs)eek, or even Linky Dinks!shockshrugshrug I answered to them all!laugh out loud

I visited your family twice in California. The first year you had your own lovely kennel outside and run of the yard. This year you had become an inside dog. What led to this change?

Momma NEVER liked me being outside, it was a continuous heartbreak for her. When I became ill with my kidneys that was it..she could take no more and said we were just going to risk it with Caroline and me. So gates went up in the house to keep us as separated as possible and I would get run of the house at certain times then Caroline.way to go That worked out pretty good too although Mom could tell the old antagonism was still there. She guarded us like a hawk so there would be no problem.way to go

Loud noises truly frightened you such as thunder and fireworks. What did you do when they occurred and why do you think you reacted this way?

When fireworks went off or we happened to get thunderstorms I would climb our chain link fence and run to the front door to be let in. I was always allowed to come in during that time. As to why I was like that, old timers in the south would determine whether a dog would be a good hunting dog by shooting off a rifle near our head with the theory if we flinched we were of no use. So that is what Mom thinks happened to me and why those men was going to rid themselves of our young litter.frown My Dog we were only babies!shock

Frogs and snails are two of your pet peeves. What did they do to you bol!!!

Frogs!!shock I used to chase them in Arkansas....and finally I caught one!confused I foamed SO BAD from the poison excreted thru their skin. I could NOT get the taste out of my mouth, so after that I only batted them around!laugh out loud Snails? I never saw one before we moved to California. Mom heard me barking out in my kennel. I would not stop no matter how much I was told to. Momma came out with a flashlight and saw me staring at something on the ground barking. When she looked it was a SNAIL!shock I had NEVER SEEN one before and I was scared to death!laugh out loud They don't have snails with shells in Arkansas you see.wink

Another thing which changed in your later years was how you felt about kitties. Stewie became your constant companion! What made you change your mind?

His persistence!! He insisted that I was going to like him and kept up his advances until we became good friends, even sleeping together.cloud 9 When I left for the Bridge Stewie slept on my bed for days on end. Momma said he was mourning me.cry

You had a number of health issues with your kidneys and the vet seemed to think you were not going to recover but you bounced back. I had visited in October and you looked so good! What happened after that in which you became so very sick frown

The week after you left Mom thought I caught the cold that you, Georgie and Buddy had, but that was not the case and it was tumors in my body releasing fluid (leaking) around my lungs causing it so I could not breathe. I had one embedded into my rib cage and it could not be removed because of my age.

Your Mom had a very hard time when you left for the Rainbow Bridge as well as your Dad and Papa. How are they coping now? Our heartfelt sympathies to them all kissing

It will get easier in time. With losing both Looie and me so close together it was, and is, very hard on them all.

Did you like to play? What was your favorite toy and activity?

My favorite toy was ANYTHING fuzzy and squeaky. I loved playing fetch and if there was no one available to throw my toys for me I would do it myself and chase them. Momma loved watching me play and toss my own toys, it's something that no other dog the family had ever did. I lived for chasing toys and running as fast as I could. In fact there is one short clip on my page showing just how fast I could run. It was taken maybe 2 years ago before my legs went out.cloud 9snoopysnoopysnoopy

What songs would you include on a soundtrack of a celebration of your life ?

Golly Merry I have not a clue!eek Maybe "My Way"?big grinlaugh out loud Although I was not a rebellious girl, I loved to be good and get the praises.way to go

Was there anything you did while going through puppyhood that may have got you into trouble?

Bol! You had to ask..what you should have asked is was there anything you did NOT do while being a puppy!laugh out loud We were the WORSE case Mom has EVER seen for destruction!big grin We ate window sills, sofa arms, through (hollow) doors and I ate Dad's bible!shockred face He still has it too and will show people what I did but he's laughing......now!laugh out loud

Tell us a sound that had you jumping for joy and your tail a'wagging!

When my Dad came home!!cheercheer I always mourned him when he left as I did Mom and my Papa. I was very family oriented and very much needed my human family close to me.hughug

Describe your personality?

Shy with strangers, happy with family. I was always a very happy and contented girl. It did not ever take much to make me happy.big hug

What was your worst trait and what was your best?

I really did not have any bad traits so I guess who I was and am is my best.smile

What is the main thing that makes you unique ?

How easy I was to please and how I always showed how much I loved my human family.hug

Were you on any sort of special diet or on medication?

Only the last 2 years of my life. I was on Previcox and Sterooid injections and that is what shut my kidneys down. Mom switched Vets and all that was stopped. I was on no medication at all for my hips the last 6 months. The orthopedic bed really did help me to manage my pain. I even was able to play some until that last two weeks. The diet I was on was Science Diet UD, as is Caroline right now, and that to only keep kidney stones from forming from being older.way to go

How do you want people and furs to remember you? What do you think your legacy is??

I would like everyone to remember my smiles and how easy it was for me to love. My legacy? I guess it would be LOVE.hughug

Do you have any final thoughts or comments?

I just want to thank you Merry for choosing me to be the Doghouse Fur of the Month. It means so much to my Momma, Dad and Papa. The greatest pain Momma has is the thought that any of us furs could be forgotten, and she and I both thank you for remembering me.cloud 9big hugflowers

Neddy, congratulations again on being the DOGHOUSE'S ANGEL FUR OF THE MONTH FOR DECEMBER 2012 ..We love you!!!!

*Merry gives her a big hug and pins a RIBBON on her collar

and hands her a KEEPSAKE MEMORY BOOK hugbig hugflowersrainbowhugcloud 9
Lady Chadee- Bear

I'm mommy's- Cinco de Mayo- Pom!

Barked: Sat Dec 1, '12 1:58pm PST 
Oh My Word, what a lovely interview. It's making mommy tear up! Great job Merry. Another fine interview. I can't think of a more deserving pup than Neddy!! applause dancing cheer rainbow puppy
Krickette- CGC TDI

Snowbabie from- Idaho

Barked: Sat Dec 1, '12 3:49pm PST 
What a beautiful interview Merry and Ned. Congratulations Ned for getting fur of the month. Mama and me loved reading it. Enjoy your whole month in the spotlight wonderful memories for you your your familycheercheercheercheercheercheercheerhug

♥- George- P.P.Pie- *SHM*

MERRYBELLE'S- HUSBAND!! SHE IS- MINE!!!

Barked: Sat Dec 1, '12 5:44pm PST 
*Wiping a tear from his eye reading the interview, then smiling* Thank you Merry for such a beautiful interview of my sisfur. It touched Momma's heart and all the family very much.hughug

CONGRATULATIONS NEDDY!! applauseapplausebig hugflowers

We are so proud of you being Fur of the Month here at the Doghouse.
hughughughughughughughughughug
BUTTERCUP *- Moms Angel- Girl *

BABYGIRL

Barked: Sat Dec 1, '12 7:05pm PST 
little angellittle angel Neddy !! fly free sweet angel ! little angellittle angelrainbowrainbow
♥Ned- dy Sweet- Angel

I hate Tornados,- Frogs, Sirens &- Snails!

Barked: Sun Dec 2, '12 12:09am PST 
Thank you Chadee, Krickette, Georgie and Buttercup.hug Merry thank you for choosing me to be the Fur of the Month!big hugflowers I am so honored!hug
Bailey NWD

Bailey- Blinkerson- Eskiwowow Raiman

Barked: Sun Dec 2, '12 6:10am PST 
Congratulations Angel Neddy! I am so happy you are being honored this month. I am sure they are making a big fuss over you at The Rainbow Bridge too!
MerryBelle- Noelle Pie- SSW

GEORGIE'S- WIFE..FOREVER MY- COWBOY !!!

Barked: Sun Dec 2, '12 11:21am PST 
hugcloud 9Neddy you are very welcome .. I was so happy to be able to honor you big hug I loved to find out all about you.

Ohh George.. it was my hope to make it special for your family.. I know that they are missing Neddy lots and I wanted them to know she is so loved and missed by us all here on Dogster and outside of Dogster as wellhug
♥CHLO- E♥

Chloe's got Mom- wrapped around- her paws

Barked: Sun Dec 2, '12 12:31pm PST 
Congratulations sweet Neddy & your family! We love you xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Harley- Diva-Girl,CG- C,Therapy D

Fur Diva

Barked: Sun Dec 2, '12 7:07pm PST 
wavecongrats to you Angel Neddy...great story of your lifeā™„
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2