Close X

"PURR" FUR FAMILY OF THE MONTH FOR AUGUST 2012 - THE ROYAL PURRS!!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
MerryBelle- Noelle Pie- SSW

GEORGIE'S- WIFE..FOREVER MY- COWBOY !!!

Barked: Wed Aug 1, '12 11:09am PST 
*MERRY is in the Doghouse waiting for the latest Fur of the Month to arrive. She sets up her laptop and also some snacks by the window. This is a favorite spot to relax as well as it having a good view of some feathered friends. She hopes this doesnt prove to be a distraction eek Hearing a knock at the door Merry welcomes in NESTLE, GRANDEUR AND BRANDEE!!! *

Congratulations NESTLE, GRANDEUR, & BRANDEE !!!! You three are our Fur .. or rather PURR Fur Family of the Month for August 2012!! We are so happy to have you as members of the Doghouse!! Sit down and lets get started, I have some questions to ask you all so we can find out about you!

OMC, we would be honored!! Thank you so much for asking! Wait 'til Chadee & Percee hear this!! Haha!

Tell us about your home in Colorado.

We live out in the country but in a little neighborhood. Our house is a ranch style house with a basement & our backyard is next to a big field.

Who are the humans who share your lives?

We live with our mommy, daddy & 3 fur-less ones (a brother & twin sisters).

How do you get along with the little people in your family?? Were any of you there before they arrived? If so what did you think?

Brandee was there before the fur-less ones arrived. She was & is to this day a little skittish with them. She is getting better though. Now the fur-less can at least pet her a couple of times before she runs away! She likes them better now that they give her treats too! Grandeur has the nickname of Mamma-Kitty. She protects me (Nestle) & even the fur-less ones. She's been known to scratch & bite mommy when she thought the fur-less ones were in danger (really, mommy was just playing).
Me (Nestle), I love the fur-less ones. I let them pet me & I especially like when they give us all treats!

Who of you came first second third and where did your family get you each from?

Brandee came 1st when mommy & daddy moved out into the country. They got her from a breeder up in northeast Colorado. Grandeur was next & was found outside. They had just lost their 1st black cat (Gemini) earlier that day. She had suffered a heart attack. Mommy, grief-stricken, went to get the mail down the road from our house (we have community mailbox areas scattered throughout the neighborhood). She saw this little kitten & started talking to her. The kitten came over to her & pretty much jumped up in mommy's arms. Mommy knew then & there that this kitty was coming home. Daddy watched the whole thing from our front porch in disbelief. I (Nestle) was the last cat & was adopted from a local shelter here in Colorado (Denver Dumb Friend's League). After they lost their 2nd black cat (Zeus), mommy knew Grandeur needed a playmate, since Brandee doesn't play a whole lot. It was my 1st day being available for adoption. It was love at 1st sight for both of us.

How did you get your names?

Brandee got her name from the liquor Brandy (not sure why they picked that particular liquor but they did). They changed the "y" to a double "ee" to match Chewee & Chadee's names. Grandeur was named after the cruise ship that mommy & daddy were married on. I was named after the chocolate company 'cause mommy loves chocolate.

What is the tightest spots that you all have managed to get into?

I love getting in small baskets or even behind mommy's computer desk or daddy's dresser. Mommy has moved many of things to get me out of tight situations. MOL!! Grandeur has managed to get herself stuck in one of the twins' dresser drawers. It took mommy awhile before she found Grandeur in there.

What about the highest spot?

I love getting on top of the upper cabinets in the kitchen. I've also been known to get up onto the metal support beams in the basement; it's an unfinished basement so everything is exposed. MOL!!

Are you indoor or outdoor kitties? Which do you prefer?

We all are indoor kitties but mommy does allow Grandeur & myself to go out into the backyard when she's out there. Brandee managed to escape one time & get into our neighbors' yard. So, she's not allowed to go outside anymore since she doesn't listen to commands like we do. We all would prefer to be outdoors, I think. Well, except in bad weather of course. Then we'd prefer to be indoor kitties! MOL!!

If you go outside where do you visit?

Just our backyard. Mommy doesn't trust us enough to let us go anywhere else. Although, she has thought about getting me a kitty harness to see if I would like to go for a walk.

I know kitties like to exercise their claws.. where do you all partake in this activity?

We do have several scratching posts throughout the living room but we much prefer other things. MOL!! We love the fabric on the dining room chairs! This drives mommy & daddy nuts & we get in trouble if they're around to hear us scratching. The couch is slipcovered but we'll use that as well. Daddy built the small Poms a carpet covered step that's the entire length of their bed & we'll use that a lot too.

Of the three of you is there an Alpha kitty?

Brandee really is the alpha kitty. When she's nearby, she gets the treats 1st. I know to move out of her way!

How do you three get along together? Do any of you have a special bond?

Grandeur & I are best buds! We groom each other, play with each other, fight with each other & sleep with each other. We both tolerate Brandee & she tolerates us. Grandeur really is like my purr-mamma!

Describe each of your personalities.

Brandee is skittish & shy. She sleeps most of the time.
Grandeur is very friendly & greets everyone. She especially loves people who are allergic to cats! MOL!!
I'm a little sweetie. I love being petted & I will come most times when mommy calls me.

Are any of you Mighty Hunters? If so what do you hunt and have you caught it?

I am a mighty hunter!! Mommy knows there's a mouse in the house when I don't come running upstairs when she 1st wakes up. She usually leaves me be until I come upstairs from the basement with my catch! We all love mice! Lately, we've been on a killing spree. My new thing is to behead the mouse & leave it's headless body laying somewhere in the house for mommy or someone else to find it! MOL!!! I heard daddy scream like a girl on Friday 'cause he found my present! MOL!! We also like Miller moths. Mommy will call us & we all come a running. Grandeur usually will let Brandee & I have a go at the moth 1st. If we take too long, she steps in, captures it & eats it!

Who is the most active of the three of you?

I am! I get bored when there's no mousy in the house & I'll bug mommy to pet me or play with me or better yet, I'll bug Grandeur.

Who likes to sleep the most??

That would be Brandee. Mommy swears she sleeps 23 1/2 hrs a day! MOL!!

Do you each have a favorite nap spot??

Brandee loves to sleep on mommy & daddy's bed. Grandeur will sleep in a box if one is available (mommy usually has one out just for her). I love to sleep on top of our kitty jungle gym.

Is there one who is a bit more vocal than the rest?

Grandeur is the most vocal when it's feeding time. Even though we have dry cat kibble available at all times, we get fed canned cat food twice a day. However, I can be vocal when I want petting.

How do you each rank sizewise?

I am the tallest & heaviest (I'm around 15 lbs), followed by Grandeur (around 12 lbs) & then Brandee (around 6 lbs).

Whats each of your relationship with Chadee and Percee?

Brandee doesn't really bother the Poms. Grandeur picks on Percee. She'll attack him for no reason or if she thinks he's picking on me. I love rubbing up against them both when I'm in a lovey mood.

Do any one of you require special grooming?

Brandee goes to the groomer twice a year to get a haircut. When her hair gets long, it gets all matted. Mommy has tried brushing her daily but still she gets mats under her chin. So, the haircut is just better for everyone. Grandeur & I don't require any special grooming.

Who is the most playful?

That would be me! I love playing!! My favorite is to hide under something & then attack feet as they walk by! MOL!!

Describe a typical day?

Mommy usually wakes up at o-dark:30, MOL, so we expect to be fed at that time. If she tries to sleep in, we send Grandeur in to wake her up! MOL. After breakfast, Brandee goes back to sleep while Grandeur & myself either groom each other or play/fight with each other. By then it's time to follow the sunbeam in the kitchen. Plus, I can be under foot better! MOL. Grandeur & I also love to watch bird-a-vision. There are 3 bird feeders handing from our front porch's roof plus 2 hummingbird feeders in the front rock garden. We love stalking birdies even though there's a window between us! MOL!! Usually in the afternoon & if it's a nice day, mommy will let Grandeur & myself out in the backyard. Then it's off for another nap. In the evening, we get fed another can of canned cat food (mommy always splits the can of food 3 ways). After that, we'll watch the stray cats come to our house for some food. Then it's time for the humans to go to sleep & for me to start searching for mice in the basement. If there's none, I'll come back upstairs to sleep.

How would you describe a perfect day if you each could do what YOU wanted to do?

I really think each of us pretty much have a perfect day everyday. Brandee gets to sleep as much as she likes. While Grandeur & I get to play, hunt & go outside a lot. Although really, I could spend way more time outside if mommy would let me. So, I guess my perfect day would be spending more time outside!

Do you have any final thoughts to share with us ?

On behalf of Brandee & Grandeur, I wanted to say how honored we all are to be picked for August's Fur Family Of the Month. Thank you again!! Purr Kisses to you all!!

Congratulations and thank-you again NESTLE, GRANDEUR AND BRANDEE for being our Purr Fur Family of the Month for August 2012. We are so happy to have you a part of our Doghouse family!!

Merry gives them a hug and pins RIBBONS on their collars and has George bring out a gift*

NESTLE NESTLE RIBBON

GRANDEUR GRANDEUR RIBBON

BRANDEE BRANDEE RIBBON

CAT TREE HOUSE

applauseapplausecheercheerflowersflowerskittykittyflowersflowerscheercheerapplauseapplause
♥- George- P.P.Pie- *SHM*

MERRYBELLE'S- HUSBAND!! SHE IS- MINE!!!

Barked: Wed Aug 1, '12 5:10pm PST 
applauseapplausepartypartyCONGRATULATIONS TO THE ROYAL PURRS!!!partypartyapplauseapplause

CONGRATULATIONS NESTLE, GRANDEUR AND BRANDEE!!!hamster dancehamster dancehappy danceway to go
What a FUN interview with all three of you and such beautiful kitties too!way to gobig grin
flowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowers

It was pawsome learning more about you all.way to gohug Thank you for doing us the honor of being our ROYAL FURS OF THE MONTH!way to gobig hugbig hug

Merry as always the best interview ever!kissing You're the best darlin' and always make me so proud that you are my wife!way to gohugkissingflowers
♥- George- P.P.Pie- *SHM*

MERRYBELLE'S- HUSBAND!! SHE IS- MINE!!!

Barked: Wed Aug 1, '12 5:20pm PST 
Bol I almost forgot to say Mom about spit her coffee when she read the part about your Dad and the mouse!big grinlaugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loudway to gosnoopysnoopysnoopybig laughbig laugh

Nestle

I love my- mommy!!

Barked: Wed Aug 1, '12 5:56pm PST 
Thanks Merry! You are quite the hostess/reporter! laugh out loud I'm glad you liked that part of our interview Georgie! laugh out loud
ROSCOE

The World Is My- Playground

Barked: Thu Aug 2, '12 7:28pm PST 
Concats to the Royal Family and I sure enjoyed reading your interview and learning all about youhug Merry sure knows how to ask the right questionsway to go
The Summerville Seven

Gamecock- Fanatics

Barked: Thu Aug 2, '12 11:32pm PST 
Us too, George, we laughed & laughed at that mouse story big laughbig laugh

Congratulations to the "Most Regal Meows For The Month Of August", Nestle, Grandeur, & Brandee applauseapplauseapplause For 31 days may you reign and keep us mouse freeapplause
We bow to your Royal Furs's, now and for the rest of this month and possibly longer happy dance May your reign be fruitful of rosettes, good wishes, and other stuffflowers
We wish you good cheer hail Live long & prosper kitty
Bailey NWD

Bailey- Blinkerson- Eskiwowow Raiman

Barked: Fri Aug 3, '12 4:34am PST 
Congratulations to Nestle, Grandeur and Brandee! applauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplause

Great interview too!
Pippin

~Pretty- Boy- Pippin~

Barked: Mon Aug 6, '12 8:02am PST 
applauseapplauseWay to go Royal Purrs!!!! I loved hearing all about you!!way to go
Nestle

I love my- mommy!!

Barked: Mon Aug 6, '12 10:57am PST 
Thanks everyone! We sure enjoyed our interview with Merry, who is just PAWSOME by the way!! kitty kitty kitty
♥- Sweet- Caroline

TOO- CUTE FOR- WORDS!

Barked: Wed Aug 8, '12 1:23pm PST 
applauseapplauseapplausepartypartyHURRAY FOR THE ROYAL PURRS!!!11partypartyapplauseapplauseapplause

balloonsballoonsballoonsballoonsballoonsballoonsballoonsballoonsballoonsballoonsflowers
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2