FUR OF THE MONTH FOR APRIL 2012 - ANNIE !!!!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
MerryBelle- Noelle Pie- SSW

GEORGIE'S- WIFE..FOREVER MY- COWBOY !!!

Barked: Sun Apr 1, '12 10:34am PST 
*MERRY is in the Doghouse garden waiting for the latest Fur of the Month to arrive for her interview. It is April 1st and the weather is beginning to warm up..Not able to wait a moment longer Merry starts to plant flowers and finishes just as she hears the scampering of little paws behind her on the path*

ANNIE !! Hello !!! You brought OLLIE along too yay!!! Congratulations !! You are the Doghouse's Fur of the Month for April 2012!!! We are so happy to have you and your family as a part of the group and we love you! I have some questions to ask you ANNIE so lets sit down and we can begin.

Hi Merry, I would be honored to be your Fur of the Month. Thank you for asking me. Ollie and I try to visit the group every day and play the games. Ollie is my sweet little brother, he's actually older than me but he's so tiny that I call him my little brother. Ollie barks thank you too. Wags and Kisses, Annie P.S. Mama is thrilled!

*MERRY AND ANNIE go sit in the garden by the pretty flowers while Ollie goes off to play*

How did you come to live in your furever home?

How I came to live in my forever home.

After Mama lost Bella Dawn she was so sad and cried so much that my fursibs knew she needed another puppy and they knew it had to be a Shorkie. Everyone in the family looked and looked until they found a lady who owned my dogie mother and daddy. She had just had a litter of us Shorkies. My fursisters took Mama to see me when I was 6 weeks old and it was love at first sight for both of us. I crawled up into her lap and gave her kisses and she was hooked. I went home with Mama that day and have been with her ever since.

What type of home and community do you live in?

My home and community.

We live in a small town outside of a big city so we have the best of both worlds. Mama has lived in our home for 35 years and my fursibs were raised here. It's a big house and Mama takes very good care of it. No messes here. We also have a great yard that Ollie and I love to run and play in. Mama likes to be outside whenever the weather is nice so we spend lots of time in the yard. Mama says fresh air is good for puppies. We have 2 patios and one has a water fountain that Ollie and I get to drink out of. We have trees for shade, flowers to stay out of and lots of toys to play with. I love my home and my Mama very much.

Who are the special people in your life?

The special people in my life

Mama is the most special of course. We have Aunt Denise and her Husband Uncle Mark, (he is our vet and takes care of Ollie and me) they have Ellie May who is a Golden Retriever and Callie who is an Australian Sheep Dog. They are the ones who have the pool so we play over there lots. I like Callie the best, she is very gentle with little puppies. Then there is out Aunt Janice and her Husband and Mamas grandsons A.J. and Chandler. They have Charlie who is a mutt. He's a great mutt though and my very best buddy. The grandsons are lots of fun too. Aunt Janice always brings us treats when she comes over. She is the one who found me for Mama. I love my Aunt Jan a lot. She understands puppies.

You are a wee little pup!! What breed are you and how much do you weigh?

Size and Breed

I am a Shorkie which is a Shih-tzu - Yorkie mix. I am little but not as little as Ollie. I weight 5.5lbs and my little Ollie only weights 3lbs. Being little has its advantages. It makes it easy for Mama to take me with her.

Being so tiny your mom can carry you everywhere in a bag that straps on to the front of her. What is is like being so portable? Do you prefer it to walking?

My bag or walking

I love my bag because that means I can go everywhere with Mama but I also like the freedom of walking. When I'm walking I can sniff and smell more but when I'm in my bag I'm up high so I can see more. I like going to the grocery store with Mama the best. She walks close to the products so I can get a good smell without actually touching anything. We go for a nice long walk every night after dinner and I get lots of chances to smell other animals and people. I guess its a toss up which I like better.

I love your long hair, its so pretty! Do you require any special grooming?

My grooming

I do have long pretty hair don't I and it's very soft too. Ollie and I get our hair and teeth brushed every morning and every night before we go to bed. When we see Mama get the brush Ollie and I race to see who can get into Mamas lap first. Getting brushed feels good because Mama is very gentle and never pulls hard if we have a mat. We get a bath every other week so we don't sell like a dirty dog. Ollie likes his bath better than I do , I HATE getting my face washed. I don't mind getting my face wet when I'm swimming or diving but I don't like mama messing with it when she washes me. Mama says I just silly.

I know your mom lost baby Bella tragically. Her heart was hurting so bad. How have you helped your mom in her grief?

When Mama lost Bella Dawn

I helped Mama get over loosing Bella Dawn by just being me. Mama is very loving and affectionate so she needs someone to pamper. I let her know every day that she is loved. Ollie and I give her all the affection she could possibly want. I know that Mama will always love Bella Dawn but Ollie and I fill the void left when she died. Whenever Mama cries I get in her lap and give her kisses and lick her tears until she laughs and feels better. I never want Mama to be sad or lonely so I stay real close to her in case she needs me.

Tell us about your brother Ollie. When he came to live with you he was in poor shape and abused by his prior owners. You actually helped to feed him and help him adjust to his new home! What type of bond do you two have now?

About Ollie

Oh my little Ollie, he is such a sweet boy. He's older than I am but I'm still the mommy and he is my baby. We have loads of fun playing together and I make sure he doesn't get hurt. Every once in a while I have to discipline him by biting his ear. I never bite hard just a little nip and growl to remind him that he has to mind me. Mama says I'm a bossy girl but I'm just taking care of my baby. Ollie has come a long ways since he came to live with us and I would never let anyone hurt him, I'd bite them really hard. I love my little Oliver very much and he loves me too.

I was reading in your diary that you are a service dog and have gone and done things most pups never get to do. Can you tell us more about this and how it came about?

Service Dog

I'm not officially a service dog I have just always know when Mama is going to have a seizure and can warn her. I have this whine I only do when I can sense a seizure coming and that gives Mama time to get ready. I've never been wrong so Mama has learned to trust me. She won't drive her car without me because she says it wouldn't be safe and she might hurt someone. Mama got online and ordered me a service dog vest and some patches for my bag so I can go anywhere she goes. She is on some new medication now and she doesn't hardly ever have a seizure anymore but I'm always vigilant just in case. I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to my Mama.

You seem to know when people are sad and need comfort and cheering up. How do you make someone happy?
Making people happy

Doesn't every dogie know when people are sad? You just feel it. (Annie doesn't realize how special she is) When I feel someone who is unhappy I will jump on their lap and give them kisses and put my nose in their neck and talk to them until I make the laugh or at least smile. If I'm in my bag I'll stretch out my paws and moof at them (moofing is a bark without opening your mouth) until I get their attention. Then I'll wave and wiggle and be silly until I get a laugh. I like to make pups and people feel better.

How did your Mom find Dogster?

How Mama found Dogster.

After Bella Dawn died mama was so sad that a friend told her about Dogster. Her friend thought mama might feel better if she had some people to talk to who had lost a beloved pet It did help but not as much as getting me did. I was the best tonic for mom.

Tell us about the daily routine in your house? Whats your favorite time of day?

My daily routine

Mama gets up really early. When the alarm goes off I run to the back door but mama has to pick Ollie up and let him stretch before he's ready to go out. We do our business and go back to bed. My favorite time of day is when mama gets home. We all go outside again and mama plays in the yard for awhile then we come in and have breakfast. Ollie and I follow mama around while she does her house chores then we go back out for play time. We have lunch and go for a walk then take a nap. mama gets up really early so we have to have a little snooze in the afternoon. When we wake up it's time to go do our errands. Ollie stays home because he doesn't like to leave the house. It's out in the yard again when we get home until it's time to fix dinner. After dinner we take our nice long walk, then it's TV time till we get ready for bed. On the weekends we go and do things with the family or mamas friends.

You know many tricks!! One of which is swimming and jumping off the diving board with your mom. Can you tell us about this and others that you do?

My Tricks

When I was a very little pup mama started taking me over to Aunt Denises house to play in the pool so I learned to swim very early. One day mama was on the diving board and I jumped up there with her. She picked me up, put her hand over my nose and jumped in. I loved it. Every time mama got on the diving board I would jump us there with her and scratch at her leg until she picked me up. Now I'm the first one on the diving board waiting for mama. Big fun!!!
As far as my other tricks go, I learned them the same all dogies learn tricks. Mama taught Ollie and I to say out prayers by having us lay down, cross out paws and put out heads down on them. Every night mama kneels on the floor next to the bed and we know it's time for our prayers. Then we know it's time to go to sleep.

What is your favorite toy?

My favorite toy

Right now my favorite toy is my squeeky man. My favorite toy can change at any time depending on when mama brings home new ones. When I get bored I always go back to my rubber jack, it bounces really good and I love to chase it but I never want to give it back to mama. No, it's mine. But I do give it back when she tells me to drop it. I would never disobey mama.

How did you get your name?

How I got my name

Bella Dawns full name was Isabella Dawn. Mama wanted to pay tribute to her so she named me Annabelle Dawn, not to try to replace her with me but to honor her. You know, like people name a baby after a loved one. Mama has never called me Bella, I have always been Annie, her baby in my own right.I know mama will always love Bella Dawn and she should. I know she loves me just for being me and Ollie for being Ollie. Thats how mama's are.

Please describe your pawsonality.

My Pawsonailty

I am a very happy, loving and funny girl and I love taking care of mama and Ollie. I like to do silly things to make mama laugh, like standing on my back feet and turning in circles while waving my front paws. That one is always good for a laugh. I roll on the floor on top of one of my toys and make a funny noise, mama likes that one too. I also like to sit on mamas lap and play patty cake puppy paws, that's good for some kisses and hugs.
Mama says I'm bossy because I always know what I want and know how to get it. Ollie has to mind me when I want him to or when I need to take care of him. I make Ollie lay still while I clean him. Because of his bad hip he has trouble keeping his bottom and pee pee clean so I hold him down with one paw while I clean him. I know, it's a tough job but somebody has to do it. LOL. I don't have to make him eat all of his food any more but I did when he first came to us. He's a chow hound now. I think I've done a pretty good job of training him and he can do most things for himself now, but I'll help him when he need help. Annie is definitely the Alpha dog.
I guess I'd say my pawsionailty is happy. helpful and silly.

(Annie thinks she runs the show around here and I just let her think so) She minds me when I tell her to do something.

Tell us your most endearing quality.

My most endearing quality

Well obviously there is my precious face, who can resist that. But it's really my compassionate nature. I really care about everyone and everypaw. It hurts my heart when I feel pain or sadness in another soul. I will do whatever I can think of to help.

Do you like to go for walks? What about car rides? Where are some places that you like to go?

Go? Did you say Go?

I love to go, anywhere, any time. Lets go. I really like riding in the car with the windows down and the wind in my hair. I have my very own seat so I can see out the windows but I would rather do without the harness. Mama says I have to wear it just like she wears her seat belt so we will be safe. She won't start the car until we're both buckled up. Going to the grocery store is great fun. Mama walks close to the products so I can get a good smell without touching anything and lots of people stop to say hi.
I also love our walks where I can sniff and smell and mark on other peoples mail boxes. HeeHee. I like the freedom of being on a leash so I can check out the things I want to see. Mama is very big on walking and staying healthy. We walk around the golf course every night and Ollie and I look for golf balls. Mama won't let us keep them because she's afraid we might choke on them but it's still fun to find them.
My bag is super cool too. I'm right next to mamas heart and I can hear it beating which I really like. I'm up high so I can see more than I can on a leash, also people pay more attention to me when I'm in my bag. With the bag I can go anywhere with mama and nobody ever tells me to leave. I can sit up and see everything or if I'm tired I can just lay down and go to sleep. I think every puppy should have a bag.

What happens when you see a squirrel in your yard?

Squirrel, in my yard?

Oh no, not in my yard. I'll chase them and bark until they run up into the trees and then I'll keep barking till they run into someone else yard. It's MY YARD !! No squirrels allowed. Sometimes when the door is closed and they think I can't get to them they will come down from the trees and run across the lawn. I go crazy barking until mama opens the door for me.

You get your mom's homecookin' instead of dog food! Tell us what she makes for you!!

Mamas Home Cooking

Mama makes the best food ever. Some times she'll chop up some chicken and cook it with carrots, peas and green beans with rice and chicken gravy. Other times she uses ground beef with calaflower, broccoli,carrots and rice with beef gravy. Yummm. She'll also put in an apple now and then as a treat. We also have a bowl of Science Diet that mama keeps full in case we want to nibble between meals.

How do you get along with other pups? What about people?

Getting along with Others.

I get along with everyone and everyfur. As long as they are nice so am I. Mama says there is no need to be mean or rude, so I always try to be nice if they will let me be. Mama says when people are mean it's because they are unhappy or hurting and we should be nicer to them then to the people who are nice. Kill them with kindness is our motto.

Do you have any parting words or final thoughts?

My final words.

We believe you get out of life what you put into it so put your best into it.

ANNIE thank you again for being our Fur of the Month for April 2012. You are such a sweet little girl!! We are so happy to have you come play with us!

*Merry pins a RIBBON
on Annie and gives her a gift, an Early Easter Basket!*

rainbowD>cheerapplausecheerapplausecheerapplausecheerapplausecheerapplauserainbow
Darby

I love to- FRAP

Barked: Sun Apr 1, '12 12:26pm PST 
cheer cheer Congratulations Annie! cheer cheer

I loved reading all about you and your brother, Ollie! way to go
Cailey Mae

Dance like- there's no- tomorrow

Barked: Sun Apr 1, '12 1:13pm PST 
WHOO HOO! Congratulations Annie (waves to Ollie too). What an honor to be the next Fur Of The Month! It sure is a lot of fun because, just in case your momma doesn't already know this, you get to be spoiled extra for a whole month! Yup, that means you can go on the furniture, eat all the snacks you want, get all the extra hugs and kisses and not have to take a bath for a whole month (since we all know how much we all love taking baths!)

ENJOY SWEETIE!
Cailey Mae and Kobe

♥- George- P.P.Pie- *SHM*

MERRYBELLE'S- HUSBAND!! SHE IS- MINE!!!

Barked: Sun Apr 1, '12 1:46pm PST 
applauseapplauseapplausepartypartyCONGRATULATIONS ANNIE!!!!partypartyapplauseapplauseapplause

We are so happy you agreed to be The Doghouse's Fur of the Month for April! Thank you Annie for doing us the honor! What a pawsome choice and it is SO fun to find out more about you!!! Again THANK YOU!!!!!
flowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowers

Merry once again a pawsome interview!kissingkissinghug You are the BEST of the BEST!way to gocloud 9
flowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowers
ROSCOE

The World Is My- Playground

Barked: Sun Apr 1, '12 3:04pm PST 
partypartyparty Congratulations Annie partypartyparty It sure was fun to find out new things about you!
Annie

Happy puppies- make happy- people.

Barked: Sun Apr 1, '12 6:28pm PST 
wavewave Hi ya'll I hope every fur has had as great a day as I have. Mama is making a big fuss over me, giving me more treats and she's call everyone in the family and told them to come look and my page. Thank you, thank you for the honor. happy dancehappy dancehappy dance
BUTTERCUP *- Moms Angel- Girl *

BABYGIRL

Barked: Mon Apr 2, '12 2:49am PST 
cheercheerapplauseapplause ANNIE !! CONGRATS ON YOUR ROYAL MONTH ! I LOVED YOUR INTERVIEW AND YOU ARE ADORABLE ! cheercheer
Bailey NWD

Bailey- Blinkerson- Eskiwowow Raiman

Barked: Mon Apr 2, '12 4:29am PST 
Congratulations Annie! That was a great interview and you are such a cutie! I hope you enjoy your month in the Doghouse spotlight!applauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplause
Lady Chadee- Bear

I'm mommy's- Cinco de Mayo- Pom!

Barked: Mon Apr 2, '12 6:40am PST 
Congrats Annie!! It sure was fun to read about you & of course Ollie. Enjoy your month in the spotlight!! puppy
Annie

Happy puppies- make happy- people.

Barked: Mon Apr 2, '12 8:41am PST 
Thank you all for your congrats. Mama took me out yesterday an bought me a new dress with pretty spring flowers on it and a matching bow for my hair. I wish mama knew how to take pictures and post them so everyfur could see just how pretty I look in my new spring dress.
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2