Close X

FUR OF THE MONTH FOR JANUARY 2011 ~ FUR ANGEL DANIEL, "BOBIE" !!!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
MerryBelle- Noelle Pie- SSW

GEORGIE'S- WIFE..FOREVER MY- COWBOY !!!

Barked: Tue Jan 3, '12 2:06pm PST 
**It is a cold, snowy January eve. MERRY is at the Doghouse in the Anagram Game Room waiting for the latest Fur of the Month to arrive for his interview. Having a feeling he may be delayed by the weather, she takes out a piece of paper to solve the latest puzzle. She writes and scratches out hundreds of word combinations knowing this game is not her forte. FINALLY just as she thinks she has the solution to the puzzle the snow stops and the sky becomes illuminated with a rainbow! She feels a breeze in the air beside her and the room becomes filled with love and light!**

CONGRATULATIONS FUR ANGEL DANIEL !!! You are the Doghouse's Fur of the Month for January 2012! We love having you as a part of the group. Thank you also for all your hard work in hosting the Anagram game! You help us set the stage for our group motto "If you love to play you belong here!"

Really ... ME ??? Oh sis I would love and be honored to be the Fur of the Month for the Doghouse!! **Flies into the air doing flips then comes swooping back down again grinning adjusting his halo** OMD I am so excited!! Next to the experience of running a freeway this is the best thing ever!!! Thank you Merry **Shyly kisses Merry** Really, it is sis xoxo

Now Bobie before you check my answer to the puzzle big grin have a seat I have a few questions to ask you about your long and illustrious lifesmile

How did you come to live in your furever home?

Mom's next door neighbor's white Pomeranian was in her last week of pregnancy (she had mated with an American Eskimo) and during that time my Dad asked secretly if he could have one of the pups to give to Mom for their anniversary. Mom was SO excited when she found out and when we were born Momma came over and got to pick me out of the litter of three.

How did you get your name?

Well I got the name Daniel because Mom had two kitties in the home who both were very large like Eddy and Timmy, 18 and 20 pounds. All Mom could think of is it was like Daniel in the lion's den so that's how I got my name. Also the other part is Mom wanted one more little boy and was going to name him Matthew Daniel.smile She didn't have him but she got ME!big grincloud 9

Your golden years were spent in the sunshine state of California. What about before then? Where did you like living best?

Well, I was born and raised in Stockton, California for the first 6 years of my life. We then moved to Arkansas and lived there until 2005 when we came back to Stockton again. Where did I like living best? I don't think I really cared..as long as I was with my Momma I was home.hug

Please explain your motto "Highways were meant for conquering! Run Bobo Run" and how did you come about your nickname, Bobie,Bobo? Does this have anything to do with your being a better escape artist than Houdini! bol!

Well..my motto!big grinlaugh out loud I was an AMAZING escape artist that Houdini would be proud of.big grinparty Mom swears I could escape out a keyhole!eek Mom was a HAWK with me because I was so fast and could get past anyone before they blinked. The door was open, I ran out and down the center line of Highway 64 in Clarksville, Arkansas, where we lived at the time!snoopysnoopy Mom froze and my skin brother ran after me with traffic on both sides of us swerving to miss us.eek He caught me and brought me back to Momma who was a total wreck by then!big grinlaugh out loudshrugshrugshrug I got my nickname Bobo/Bobie from the movie with Howie Mandell "Walk Like A Man" and the part where he chased fire engines..his nickname was Bobo!big grinlaugh out loud

What was your very favorite type of toy?

My favorite toy was my rubber hedgehog that my Dad named my Bug!big grin He would play "Bugs" with me by the hour kicking that toy everywhere.. with me chasing it. Mom had to replace it many times over my 15 1/2 years!cloud 9 I also loved ANY type of ball including huge beach balls that I pushed around the yard with my nose until I popped them!eek I could!big grin I popped all balls even the big boys!shrugshrugbig grinlaugh out loud

Your brother George inherited this group...and then you were brought aboard for some lively conversation! How does it make you feel when you see what the Doghouse has become?

Yes George was very lonely and talking to himself a lot when he first got this group Bol!laugh out loudlaugh out loud He was beginning to feel weird so brought me in so no one would peek in thinking he was losing it!laugh out loudbig grin I believe only your brother and Brandy III occasionally dropped in back then.thinkingbig grin

It makes me very proud and happy that we can bring a little bit of diversion and fun to our friends. There's nothing I love more than when our friends come in and just chat..that gives me warm woolies.big grin

How were you with grooming? Did you like or dislike it? Was it difficult keeping your white fur clean?

Grooming?? Well, Merry..let's put it this way, I was just like YOU!eek I bucked and went on like a wild animal!big grin Mom used to put me on a surface that didn't have much grip so I would concentrate more on standing then her grooming me.big grinlaugh out loud Needless to say I was the pup who hit the groomer's every 6 weeks.big grin I was spoiled bad though by Mom it's her fault.big grinway to go

Not much stuck to my fur at all. It always stayed white even if I got into mud, when it dried it brushed right off. Once I got under Dad's old pick up truck and got black grease down my back.wink Mom called the vet like semi-hysterical as to how to get it off me. They calmed Mom and told her to use baby powder and it did the TRICK!big grinlaugh out loud

Were you a good watchdog? Did you bark alot?

You know Mom USED to think I barked a lot....until she got Georgie!big grin Then she USED to think GEORGE barked a lot until she got BUDDY!laugh out loud So I guess I barked normal.laugh out louddogdog I was a good watchdog.way to go Well burglar alarm at least!big grin

You lived with a clan of Arkie Kats, Did you all get along? WHO is it that you get along with the best and WHO worse?

Cats never bothered me because I was a baby when Mom broung me into a home with Spitfire and Douglas, who were her kitties then. They were gentle so I had good experiences with them and got along great with cats thinking I was one of them too. So much so I learned from then and used to perch in the hedges hiding in the front yard watching the world go by and guarding the house!laugh out loud I got along the best with Spitfire and Douglas and never got into a conflict with any of the kitties, I just ignored the ArkieKatz.laugh out loud

I know that George is terrified of fireworks. How were you with noises of that nature?

In Arkansas the thurnder and lighting was amazingly more violent than here in California where we live. I sensed tornadoes before they would be reported on tv and would attempt to get out of the house and try to run when I did. The storms bothered me but not fireworks. Not like poor Georgie.hughug

What was your worst habit?

My worst habit...hmm, helping Mom clean the litter box?shrugshrug Also uprooting all new plants Mom planted.way to golaugh out loud I guess I figured she was digging so I would too!winklaugh out loud

Did you know many tricks?

Mom did work with me from an infant and I could sit pretty.. flat on my behiney and do the pat-a-cake with my paws, I leaped over sticks or through hoops and played fetch, rolled over on command and played dead.winklaugh out loud But coming to her when she called? No way! I was never allowed off leash.way to go

What type of personality did you have?

My personality combined much curiosity, with gentleness but enough spunk to make me fun Mom says.way to gohug

Did you get along with other pups? What about people? Did you have a favorite person in your life?

I did get along with other pups and LOVED when anyone brought theirs furkids over!snoopysnoopy It was like a pawty when they did!cloud 9 I loved people and figured they all came to see me but I knew the shysters when they came over too and would have NOTHING to do with them!way to go My favorite person was my Mom with a FAST runner up being my soccer partner..my DAD!!cloud 9cloud 9 I LOVED HUMAN BABIES!!!!!cloud 9cloud 9

You were so loved by your mom and when you left for the Rainbow Bridge she was very sad .... Then George came into the picture. Did he help your mom heal? Has he lived up to your legacy?

Yes Momma and I were very, very close. It was a very hard time for her and she grieved for a long over me. Georgie did help to ease Mom's pain a lot. He is such a loving and gentle fur and adores Mom as much as I did and Mom adores him. Has he lived up to my legacy? Oh yeah..big grinlaugh out loud Spoiled and SASSY!big grin But sweet!hug

What type of a relationship did you have with Caroline and Ned? How did they handle your passing?

I ignored them and didn't have time for their puppy nonsense.big grinlaugh out loud You have to remember I was an adult of 6 years when Mom got them and they were wild, rambunctious puppies of 5 weeks old.laugh out loud We never fought but they did know I was Alpha and bowed to me as they should.winkbig grin

How did they handle my passing? They both knew the morning I collapsed and they began the howl. They howled nonstop according to neighbors until Mom got home from the vet where I had left for the Bridge, then became silent for 2 days not even barking. That is the hardest part about leaving, the pain I left behind.hughughug

If you were able to write a letter to your mom and have it sent from the Rainbow Bridge what would you say?

I love you Mom and I am waiting for when we meet again. I want to show you my own personal highway that I'm free to run anytime I want.snoopysnoopysnoopyhughug

Do you have any parting words or final thoughts?

Just that I'm honored to be the Doghouse's Fur of the Month and happy that I have a place to play that my memory will not be forgotten. Thank you Merry for choosing me, Mom and I were so surprised when we got the pmail.hughugway to go

Thank you Bobie!! Congratulations again for doing us this honor being our FUR OF THE MONTH FOR JANUARY 2012.

*Merry attaches a RIBBON to his wings*

Before you fly back up to the Bridge I have a BOOK OF TREASURED MEMORIES that you can leave behind for your familyhugcloud 9

Lastly I know you never get to play at your own game so I have created an ANAGRAM for YOU to solve!!!! big grin

Category - FUR OF THE MONTH !

4 words

"high-frequency arrowing so a"

Good Luck wink

cheerlittle angelcheerlittle angelcheerlittle angelapplauseapplauseapplauseapplausecheerlittle angelcheerlittle angelcheerlittle angel
Bonzer

I'm a good boy!

Barked: Tue Jan 3, '12 4:41pm PST 
Congratulations Bobie! partypartypartyparty
Bonzer

I'm a good boy!

Barked: Tue Jan 3, '12 4:42pm PST 
Good luck with the anagram to! laugh out loud

Darby

I love to- FRAP

Barked: Tue Jan 3, '12 6:12pm PST 
cheer cheer cheer Congratulations Bobie! cheer cheer cheer

I sure enjoyed reading all about you! way to go
♥Lola- ♥

Loves belly rubs

Barked: Tue Jan 3, '12 9:54pm PST 
Congratulations Bobie!cheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheerflowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowers

Love your interviewsnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopy
FurAngelDan- iel A.K.A.- Bobie

Highways are for- conquering!- Run,BoboRun

Barked: Tue Jan 3, '12 10:14pm PST 
hughughugThank you everyfurbody!!!cloud 9cloud 9big grinbig hugbig hugbig hug It was so much fun doing the interview.way to go Merry always makes everyone feel at ease so that helps a lot.way to goway to go

Bonzer I knew what the answer was right off when I saw it.big grin A rosie for any and ALL who can give me the answer to that anagram.big grinlaugh out loud Send the answer to me in a pmail!way to golittle angellittle angellittle angelbig grin

Edited by author Tue Jan 3, '12 11:15pm PST

♥- George- P.P.Pie- *SHM*

MERRYBELLE'S- HUSBAND!! SHE IS- MINE!!!

Barked: Tue Jan 3, '12 10:38pm PST 
applausepartyapplausepartyapplauseCONGRATULATIONS BOBIE!!!!!applausepartyapplausepartyapplause

Daniel I am so proud that you are Fur of the Month!hughug I love working by your side here at the Doghouse. Thank you for saying yes to Merry!hughughugway to go Loved the interview, I saw the tears in Mom's eyes from the beautiful memories of you.way to gocloud 9big hug

Merry what can I say darlin'??shrug Again a wonderful interview..you are simply the best there are and YOU make me proud!!!hughugkissingkissingkissingkissing
Bonzer

I'm a good boy!

Barked: Tue Jan 3, '12 11:42pm PST 
Pmailing you Bobie big grin
FurAngelDan- iel A.K.A.- Bobie

Highways are for- conquering!- Run,BoboRun

Barked: Wed Jan 4, '12 12:01am PST 
big grinway to golaugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loud
BUTTERCUP *- Moms Angel- Girl *

BABYGIRL

Barked: Wed Jan 4, '12 1:50am PST 
little angellittle angel FUR ANGEL DANIEL !! CONGRATS ON YOUR SPECIAL MONTH AT THE DOGHOUSE !!!! Loved reading your interview !cheercheerlittle angellittle angelrainbow
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3