"Dayzee's Food for the Soul"

(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  
♥- Dayzee- ♥

I got THE- power!! Jesus.

Barked: Sun Mar 20, '11 7:17am PST 
You're welcome Howard. I figured if you didn't want me posting you would have removed the thread. BOL
♥- Dayzee- ♥

Barked: Sun Mar 20, '11 7:17am PST 
what Prayer Can Do

Midnight Prayer
by Eddy Hall

It was almost midnight when my wife, Melody, said, “I don’t know what to make of this, but for the past hour Paulette’s been on my mind. Since we have no way to reach her, I’ve been praying for her.”

Paulette and her husband had lived with us for a few months the previous year when they would have been homeless. Then they moved to Arizona; it had been many months since we heard from them. They had no phone and we didn’t know their address.

About a half hour later our telephone rang. It was Paulette, desperate. She was at the airport. Her abusive husband had kicked her out and put her on a plane, even though she was seven months pregnant.

“We’ll come get you,” I answered. “You can spend the night with us.” Once I had hung up I asked Melody, “Should we invite her to stay here until she can find her own place?” Under normal circumstances our answer would have been an easy yes, but I was out of work. For five months, in answer to prayer, God had met our family’s basic needs, but with little to spare. Did we dare take in someone else?

As Melody and I wavered, something—maybe the late hour—reminded me of Jesus' parable of the friend at midnight (Luke 11hi5-13). In the story, a man whose cupboard was bare took in a friend, knowing he could ask his neighbor for help. During the five months that Paulette and, eventually, her child stayed with us, no one in our family drew a steady paycheck. Often we had to ask our “Rich Neighbor” for help.

Always he came through with bread for our family. And, of course, for our friend who came at midnight.
♥- Dayzee- ♥

Barked: Mon Mar 21, '11 6:01am PST 
Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Colossians 3:12

A Time to Think
Make us ever eager, Lord, to share the good things we have. Grant us such a measure of Your Spirit that we may find more joy in giving than in getting.—John Hunter

To Act
Take time to appreciate the joy of spring.

To Pray
Lord, give me courage to stretch past my safe boundaries.

♥- Dayzee- ♥

Barked: Wed Mar 23, '11 8:36am PST 
Today's Power Thought:
Build Up Confidence in Your Powers.

Simply state: "I am in God's hands." Then believe you are now receiving all the power you need. Affirm that "the kingdom of God is within you" (Luke 17:21) in the form of adequate power to meet life's demands.
♥- Dayzee- ♥

Barked: Wed Mar 23, '11 10:34am PST 
THE U IN JESUS

Before U were thought of or time had begun,
God stuck U in the name of His Son.

And each time U pray, you'll see it's true,
You can't spell out JesUs and not include U.

You're a pretty big part of His wonderful name,
For U, He was born; that's why He came.

And His great love for U is the reason He died.
It even takes U to spell crUcified.

Isn't it thrilling and splendidly grand
He rose from the dead, with U in His plan?

The stones split away, the gold trUmpet blew,
and this word resUrrection is spelled with a U.

When JesUs left earth at His upward ascension,
He felt there was one thing He just had to mention.

"Go into the world and tell them it's true
That I love them all - Just like I love U."

So many great people are spelled with a U,
Don't they have a right to know JesUs too?

It all depends now on what U will do,
He'd like them to know,
But it all starts with U.

When Jesus died on the cross he was thinking of you!
♥- Dayzee- ♥

Barked: Fri Mar 25, '11 7:00am PST 
One Sentence That Changed My Life
==================================

It is funny how an unexpected person can become your role model.
I had always been a spiritual person and had a very good life.
I had a wonderful compassionate husband and a beautiful daughter.
Life does have moments of sorrow and tragedy, though, a way of
making sure you realize and appreciate the times of joy and
peace.

After suffering one such tragedy I had I gone through a period
of, well let's call it, spiritual death. I turned to alcohol to
help numb the pain. I was lucky. I didn't lose everything most
alcoholics lose; family, possessions and career. I just lost
myself.

I checked myself into a treatment center. I was still in a
spiritual void and had lost all ability to pray. A man there
told me to put my shoes as far under my bed as I could every
night before I went to sleep. While I was already on my knees go
ahead and ask for nothing more than the ability to pray, and do
it again the next morning when I went to retrieve them. That
really did make a difference. He is a very important part of my
spiritual recovery and I will always be grateful.

But the one sentence that changed my life came from a woman who
volunteered once a week to bring in A.A. meetings. She had
suffered greatly as a child and on into adulthood. This woman
had gone through so much sorrow and pain it was difficult to
listen to her story. One night she slammed her hand down on the
table and exclaimed;

"Why do you settle for crumbs, don't you know you are children
of the King? Step up to the banquet table!"

Well, I guess that is two sentences, but it made such an impact
on me. I was settling for the crumbs in life, all I had to do
was take one step at a time and reach that table at which I was
intended to be. I was destined to be at a table laden with maybe
a little bitter wine but mostly sweet fruit and glorious rich
dishes of which I was served by the King himself.

I now do service work to bring the message to others who may
think they are undeserving of a good life. No matter what has
happened in your life, no matter what you have done, that table
is there waiting for you.

Don't settle for the crumbs of life.
Step up to it.
You are a child of the King!

by Michelle Kunefke
♥- Dayzee- ♥

Barked: Sat Mar 26, '11 9:05am PST 
“ No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him. ”
I John 3:6 (NIV)

My son Ross was organizing a cabinet full of old videotapes, many from my first job as a TV news reporter. You can imagine the fun my children had looking at their twenty-something mother in 1980s clothes and hairstyle.

“You look so different, Mom,” Ross said.

Maria agreed. “You don’t even sound like you,” she said.

Well, it was a long time ago. But as I explained to them, I was fresh out of school, so I often copied successful reporters as I learned how to do the job. It made me think, Who have I been copying lately?

Our culture is loaded with so-called role models in sports, politics and entertainment. And it’s easy to get caught up in wanting to copy the beautiful people in magazines, with their flawless faces and fabulous clothes. But the verse from I John popped out at me: To really know Jesus is to want to copy Him in real, practical ways. The way He took Himself away from the noise and crowds to spend time with God; the way He included the excluded; the way He challenged the accepted rules when He knew they were wrong, such as healing on the Sabbath or talking to the Samaritan woman.

Once I began looking for them, I discovered “role-model moments" throughout the Gospels. Now, instead of thinking, Jesus was perfect and I could never be like Him, I can see the “how to” that’s contained in His story.

Lord, help me to recognize the ways I can become more Christlike every day.

By Gina Bridgeman
♥- Dayzee- ♥

Barked: Sun Mar 27, '11 8:18am PST 
“ Bless the Lord, O my soul, And forget none of His benef its. ”
Psalm 103:2 (NAS)

When it came time one Sunday for “sermons from the floor,” Lena indicated that she wanted to speak into the roving microphone, and I could tell by her twinkling brown eyes that she had something special to say.

Over a year ago Lena had been diagnosed with an aggressive form of cancer, and for several months we missed her in church as she underwent a series of chemotherapy treatments. But now she was back with a clean bill of health, and as she began to speak, I rejoiced with her as she quoted from Psalm 103:2–4: “‘Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases . . . who crowneth thee with lovingkindness . . . ’ and a wig!"

Chuckles rippled throughout the congregation. Then Lena went on to describe the awful humiliation of losing her hair due to chemotherapy and how the provision of a suitable hairpiece had restored some of that confidence so severely drained by cancer.

When I cut my hair twenty years ago and donated it for people with the disease, I never thought about God using my gift to “crown” someone else with loving-kindness. Thanks to Lena, I have a new appreciation for the way God takes the little things we give or do and uses them to bless others.

Thank You, Lord, for multiplying the efforts we make on Your behalf.

By Alma Barkman
♥- Dayzee- ♥

Barked: Tue Mar 29, '11 8:00am PST 
If God be for us, who can be against us?
Romans 8:31

Imagine yourself as actually looking at all your difficulties like an army lined up against you. Then realize you have a backing that can overcome them all.
As you face these enemies of yours—
discouragement,
frustration,
disappointment,
hostility,
weakness—
ask yourself, “What shall I say to these things?” And the answer is, “If God be for us, who can be against us?”
Now, spend a minute realizing that God is for me, God is for you and say this affirmation:
“God is with me. God is for me. God is greater than all these things.” Then visualize these enemies of your peace and happiness as retreating, giving way before God’s power. Personalize the text by saying:
“If God be for me, who can be against me?” The repetitive use of this text will give you an enormous sense of God’s presence and a powerful feeling of victory.
♥- Dayzee- ♥

Barked: Wed Mar 30, '11 9:56am PST 
Lord, you have been our dwelling place throughout all generations. Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God. ”
-PSALM 90:1?2 (NIV)

“Oh, Mom, I wish you could see the mountains. They’re all around us!”

I was visiting my daughter Laura in Mukilteo, Washington, a little harbor town on Puget Sound. A thick fog shrouded the towering mountains she kept trying to describe. “Over there is Mt. Rainier and there’s Mt. Olympia and down there are the Cascades,” she said, pointing into what appeared as damp, gray nothingness.

The fog persisted. On the final morning of my visit, I was in my motel room, packing to go home, when Laura raced in, her face lit with excitement. “Mom, come outside!” We hurried through the revolving doors into a world transformed by brilliant sunshine. I caught my breath. There, in all their glory, stood the mountains. Towering and rugged, their snow-capped peaks dazzled the blue sky.

Such an awesome presence and it’s been here all along, hidden from sight, I thought, like the powerful, protecting, presence of God. He’s all around us, more real than the mountains. But the fog of despair, the shroud of grief can make it seem as if He’s gone. Yet, if I patiently tune my ear and believe His Word, I’ll hear His voice through the fog saying, “I am with you always.” (Matthew 28:20, NIV)

Lord God, You Who are the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, help me to stay with You in the here and now.

Shari Smyth
  (Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3