A good food for Pugs

♥- Lolita- ♥

Don\'t clean- your house, I\'m- a pug vacc

Barked: Mon Mar 7, '11 8:06am PST 
Hello pups,

I wanted to know what's the best food for weight management? A type of food that's low calories, low fat, but keeps me healthy and slim. I'm a pug and I'm getting overweight, so my mommy is worried about me because she's been feeding me a low fat recipe food, but it doesn't work instead I keep gaining more weight frown My mom and I are very confused. I'm pretty sure lots of mommy pugs are worried about their babies too. What should we do? Any advice? Any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks to all,

Love,
Lolita.
Sassy

Gotta love me!

Barked: Tue Mar 8, '11 5:17am PST 
Hi Lolita!
My mommy fosters for the Pug rescue and the subject of food comes up on their list serve all the time. The most popular ones used by the Pug moms and foster moms are Blue Buffalo, Canidae, and Wellness. They are all good quality foods that don't have a lot of fillers.
Sassy (and Renee the mom)
♥- Lolita- ♥

Barked: Tue Mar 8, '11 12:01pm PST 
Hello Sassy,

Thanks a lot for your post. My mommy has been doing some research on dog food since she's not so educated on that topic and she saw those foods online too. She is also considering Organix and By Nature organic food. Have you heard of those two brands? My mom wants to feed me organic and she also read online a very nasty article about what was really in our food; she was shocked! Is Canidae organic? I've heard a lot about that brand.

Love,
Lolita.

♥Rave- n♥

I have a Tude

Barked: Wed Mar 9, '11 11:11pm PST 
Healthy Balance doesn't have fillers either. Mom used to have us on Canidea which is the best out there, but its spendy smile
♥- Lolita- ♥

Barked: Thu Mar 10, '11 8:21am PST 
Rave-n,

Thanks for posting. I'll check that brand out and see.

Lolita.
Paris

i love to- run!!!!!!!!!

Barked: Thu Mar 10, '11 12:19pm PST 
i loved it, but when my foster mommy told me it's good for me, so i stoped eating it.
Sassy

Gotta love me!

Barked: Thu Mar 10, '11 1:16pm PST 
BOL! Paris you are funny! big laugh
♥- Lolita- ♥

Barked: Fri Mar 11, '11 7:52am PST 
Paris, Hehehe awww why not?

Thanks everyone for posting. My mommy already bought me food yesterday; I got extremely happy when I ate it; loved it...umm yummy! Now mommy and I are very happy with the new and organic food. All thanks to all of you who helped my mommy to know more about what's good for us.

Love,
Lolita.
Chinabell

dancing in the- sunshine

Barked: Sat Mar 12, '11 7:50pm PST 
Hi there, I am new to this group and just read the question about what food is good for pugs. I feed my pug Buffalo Blue Weight Management dry food and she has lost weight on it. Just a suggestion and she seems to have more energy and feel better.
♥- Lolita- ♥

Barked: Mon Mar 14, '11 6:51am PST 
Hello Chinavell,

Thanks for your suggestion. I already got an organic brand which is among the best brands out there and I also had a list of all the good dry foods and blue buffalo was in it. Thanks!