Movies and books and songs, oh my!

(Page 12 of 12: Viewing entries 111 to 113)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  
Blaze

I played for the- Celtics as Big- Baby!

Barked: Sun Jul 17, '11 9:39am PST 
Yes, mommy is a librarian. She absolutely loves it! Best thing she ever did for herself was get a master's degree in library science!

Your group sounds perfect! Six to eight people is the perfect number for a book discussion. She usually has 10 or 12 at the library. Once, she had 21 and it was WAY to many!

Her group of friends (there are eight of them) meet wherever the hostess picks. Usually it is at a restaurant because they don't want to have to clean in order for people to come over! They are more conscious about money, though, and pick places that are not too expensive.

Well, now she is reading The Speed of Dark by Elizabeth Moon. It is for her friend group. It's really good, told from the point of view of an autistic man who is highly functional and is offered a procedure to make him "normal." So far, mommy really likes it.
Angel Lexi- ...Gone But- Never

Angel Kisses And- Butterfly- Whispers

Barked: Sun Jul 17, '11 12:37pm PST 
WOW, I'm impressed as my daddys sister-in-law went to school to be a Librarian and it was really a tough education to get. Most people do not know you even have to have a degree much less a masters.

Momma stopped 1 club cuzz all they did was talk about their families and trips etc and then the last 1/r discussed the book. She feels the first 1/2 hr is for that and the rest of the evening is for book discussion.

Momma doesn't read too much in the summer as she's so busy but come winter she loves curling up under a fuzzy blankie and reading. Thanks for all the mentions of the books you all feel are worth reading.big grin
Blaze

I played for the- Celtics as Big- Baby!

Barked: Sun Jul 17, '11 2:33pm PST 
It's funny because a lot of people will see someone shelving books (like a volunteer!) and assume they are a librarian and go up to ask them for help!

Okay, we probably already mentioned this one, but the movie The Help is coming out next month and is based on a book by Kathryn Stockett. Mommy LOVED that book, especially the audio because is read three different narrators.

(Page 12 of 12: Viewing entries 111 to 113)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12