ANOTHER INSULT

(Page 4 of 28: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  [Last 10 entry]  
Maddi

FAST DAWG!

Barked: Mon Jan 17, '11 7:08am PST 
Nope, no rattle. This farmer out in Quitaque told us (and remember these are the people that said on the instructions "This is Rattlesnake country - do NOT leave doors open.") that dogs know to stay away from snakes. Uh, maybe his dogs but the only snakes I've seen are tiny ones in the backyard and dead ones on the road. And I believe I might have rolled once or twice on a dead baby one in the yard. Uh oh, mom just gave me a dirty look. shh
JerryLee

Lord of the- manor,master of- the woods.

Barked: Mon Jan 17, '11 7:50am PST 
thinking...can't comment wiff authority on dat...yur's truely liked ta circle 'em an' bark nonstop. If dey wuz poison, momma would shoot 'em...if dey wuz friendlys I hadda go in da house 'til dey hadda chance ta slip away.
thinking...don't think i ever rolled on a dead snake...da ones momma shot got put inna bucket an' hauled off da place where I'd never find 'em. She didn't wanna bury 'em fur fear I'd dig 'em up.
Maddi

FAST DAWG!

Barked: Mon Jan 17, '11 12:28pm PST 
Ok so maybe it's a dead worm - it's something dead and smells great! Since grandson finds the little ones everywhere they gotta die somewhere!

JerryLee

Barked: Tue Jan 18, '11 6:01am PST 
You gots dem Texas Blind Snakes at yur house? Der little an' kinda act like worms. Der nocturnal but will come out in da day after a hard rain.
Maddi

FAST DAWG!

Barked: Tue Jan 18, '11 6:04am PST 
There are sometimes a lot of "worms" out on the sidewalk when it rains - didn't know they were snakes. Wait til I tell Mom - she'll freak. wink
JerryLee

Barked: Tue Jan 18, '11 7:19am PST 
Tell yur mom ta bend down an' look real close...if dey gots iddy biddy eyes der da snake, if she can't tell one end from da other it'z a worm! laugh out loud
Sophie

Did someone say - SQUIRREL???

Barked: Tue Jan 18, '11 8:00am PST 
You always have cool wisdom, JL. Mom never heard of tiny snakes like that. Lots of worms around here too. The few snakes I've run into, I stay back. Dad is the one in my house who really hates snakes. He's run over 'em with the lawn mower before. Wa la. Instant diced meat ready for cookin'.
Maddi

FAST DAWG!

Barked: Tue Jan 18, '11 8:11am PST 
Now they are saying that the feral pigs are so bad that rattlesnakes have stopped rattlin to get the jump on the pigs. But then my mom read that rattlers been rattlin for 1000's of years and just because there are now a few wild hogs around, doesn't mean they are going to change that natural habit.

Thanx for the advice on the worms vs snakes dilemma.
Sophie

Did someone say - SQUIRREL???

Barked: Tue Jan 18, '11 5:52pm PST 
Feral pigs, rattle snakes, mountain lions. Mom is thinkin' she'll take the midwest winter instead of the chance of running into one of those in the southwest. shock
JerryLee

Barked: Wed Jan 19, '11 5:27am PST 
If a rattlesnake don't rattle it's cuz it's dead or lost it's rattles...don't ya just hate it when dat happens? laugh out loud
thinking...Somehow dey must know when der rattles goes missin'. Momma an' her husband come across one like dat (no rattles), it wuz coiled up by a tree an' hissin' so loud ya could her hear it over da noise of da tractor engine.
  (Page 4 of 28: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  [Last 10 entry]