Eagles give Michael Vic award for courage?????

Cody

Velcro Dog!

Barked: Fri Dec 25, '09 1:51pm PST 
If you pups haven't heard the Philadelphia Eagles teammates voted Michael Vic winner of the 2009 Ed Block Courage Award. eeknaughty

Does it take courage to spend a short period of time in jall after torturing and killing dogs? shrug

The Eagles and the NFL are out of touch with reality! cry
McKayla

DING! Fries are- ready!!!

Barked: Tue Jan 12, '10 8:19am PST 
They need to take that Ed Block award and beat it over Vick's big ol' block head. He is getting WAY too much attention and it needs to stop.

As anyone heard about the Jay Leno/Chris Rock comments made about Vick and dog fighting? Digusting. I didn't like either one of them, but I SURE do not like them now.

If anyone isn't aware of the Leno/Rock "issue", here is a link (one of many).

http://animalrights.change.org/blog/view/jay_leno_and_chris_rock _think_dog_fighting_is_funny
"HOOVER" plus "Attie"

"Evil thrives- when good men do- nothing"

Barked: Fri Jan 15, '10 10:36am PST 
Cody we hadn't heard about the award. That is so sad. He will never learn.
Has anyone heard anything about Vick getting his own show on BET? I heard something about it a few weeks ago but nothing since then. That's just icing on the cake. And some people wonder why the APBT is still mistreated and neglected. Why not nothing is done to anyone that gets caught!

Touche

Barked: Mon Mar 29, '10 12:07pm PST 
Vick makes me sick!
Gaia &- Indigo

Barked: Thu Apr 15, '10 6:07am PST 
...the NFL helmets must be made too thin. None of them fools can think straight. What the hell is so courageous about vick??

I think vick has been a very easy target to throw stones at. He's young. He's famous. He's successful. BUt all the attention he's getting is diverting the mass attention away from the real problems of the whole culture of fighting dogs. We as a society tend to focus more on the effects of something instead of the cause of an event.

with that said.. vick deserves all that has been thrown at him.. media had a field day with him... he was demonized as satan incarnated... he lost his 'prestige'... his letter of 'remorse' was pitifully ridiculed for all to see (I laughed).. I actually think vick's so called punishment doesn't do the animals and society as a whole any justice. He got a year of jail time (are you serious?) because of his fame and fortune. That's crap.

But Vick isn't the only one that tortured and killed animals. Ask the average person if they know of any other notorious dog fighters AND breeders in history... hell... ask the vets if they care where their own dog's food comes from...