I Scared my Mommy to Death

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Sasha

Love Dog

Barked: Wed Aug 19, '09 5:43am PST 
Sunday I was out playing in the yard with my cousin Lola she was chasing a stick and I was standing next to my mom watching , when I noticed a cat come out of our garage . Mom didn't see me leave to investigate and it only took her a few seconds to notice I was gone . But in that time I found and eat a tastey treat I found in the garage . As I was licking up the bits I heard my mom screaming and yelling no . I eat Rat Poison.
I'm going to be O.k. It wasn't a leathal dose we think the cat opened the bate box and took the other half . And mom called the vet and was able to induce vomiting within 10 mins . I also started taking vitamin K Monday just to be safe.

So my question is . Has any other pup or kitty ever done anything that just about gave there parents a heart attack . Or am I a really bad dog.
Maddi

FAST DAWG!

Barked: Wed Aug 19, '09 5:48pm PST 
My mom's dog, many years ago, ate anti-freeze, but she died. So you are lucky, not bad.applause
☮- Buster- ☮

Handsome Devil!

Barked: Wed Aug 19, '09 8:54pm PST 
hughugSashahughug

You poor sweet baby, you are a lucky girl. You were found in time and an anecdote was available!
Phew! That was a scare! Take care Sasha!

Sasha

Love Dog

Barked: Thu Aug 20, '09 6:07am PST 
I'm Luckey I have an very very very very very very overprotective Mom.
Sasha

Love Dog

Barked: Thu Aug 20, '09 6:11am PST 
p.s. I haven't been let off the leash since sunday ,because mom thinks the cat may have left the other half of the poisen in the yard .

And she made the pest control guy replace the old traps for free
Maddi

FAST DAWG!

Barked: Thu Aug 20, '09 5:25pm PST 
Sasha, moms are like that. They can't help themselves.
Sophie

Did someone say - SQUIRREL???

Barked: Mon Aug 24, '09 7:10pm PST 
Oooooh Sasha, that was scary! I did the same thing about a year ago when we were at the grandma's house. Mom made me puke it all up, too. Good ol' hydrogen peroxide. Talk about an insult having that stuff poured down your throat. But that rat poison can be dangerous stuff. Good for your mom for realizing what it was and doing something about it right away! So glad you're ok!!!!!!!hug
Sasha

Love Dog

Barked: Tue Aug 25, '09 1:09pm PST 
Hi Sophie ,I can't believe you did the same thing ! Mom's still a little wigged out . I don't have to be on the leash anymore in the yard but I definitly can't get out of her site.
I also tought myself how to lick the cheese off the vitamin K so mom's been getting pretty crafty to get me to eat them she started hiding them in peanut butter and liver sausage. Yum
Sophie

Did someone say - SQUIRREL???

Barked: Tue Aug 25, '09 6:17pm PST 
It was a long time before I got to go to Grandma's again after my rat poison incident. Mom was so mad. She made the grandma throw it away and promise not to put anymore out. Not only because I go there but there are lots of little kids that stop there, too. And you know how nosy they can be!

I had to take the Vit. K, too. I didn't get it in as tasty of a treat as you, though! Lucky dog! Sometimes those little mishaps end up being a good thing for us.

laugh out loud
Maddi

FAST DAWG!

Barked: Wed Aug 26, '09 4:32am PST 
Sounds like you both had close calls! Thank Dog you both are here to bark about it! My feeling is if you have to take medicine, treats are necessary, both to hide the med and then to console the pup! And that's my story and I'm stickin with it...
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2