|Barked: Fri Nov 6, '09 9:06am PST |
|HOW TO STAY YOUNG
1. Throw out nonessential numbers and factors.
This includes age, height, eye and skin color, who your parents are, past stuff and present stuff that you can't change.
Don't worry about what you cannot change.
2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.
Who you are attached to will bless you up or mess you up.
Make sure that YOU are a cheerful friend and not a grouch.
3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. 'An idle mind is the devil's workshop.' And the devil's name is Alzheimer's.
4. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.
5. Enjoy the simple things. Breath is one of the simple things.
6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. Don't blame others for your situation. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.
7. Surround yourself with what you love, whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge. http://www.theonlineword.com/mp3/7150.mp3
8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help. Your body is the most important vehicle you will ever own.
9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county; to a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is.
10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity. http://www.theonlineword.com/mp3/5366.mp3
We all need to live life to its fullest each day!
~Submitted as an Author Unknown but several were modified and additional message links added by The Mountain~
|my page | msg me | gift me | become pals|