Dayzee's Inspirational Story's

(Page 1 of 12: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  
♥- Dayzee- ♥

I got THE- power!! Jesus.

Barked: Wed May 6, '09 12:00pm PST 
It is my pleasure to give you inspirational stories every day. Please feel free to leave me your comments and let me know how I'm doing.
♥- Dayzee- ♥

Barked: Wed May 6, '09 12:01pm PST 
Abby's Apology

Our dog always caused trouble. But she'd become family. Now I missed her mischief
By Sue Taylor, Verona, Wisconsin
May, 2009

Many springs ago, we added a new member to our family—a black Labrador puppy. She was tiny and wiggly, soft as can be. My girls named her Abby. We promised the girls a puppy, I thought. I just hope we she won’t be too much trouble.

Little did I know. Shortly after we brought Abby home, the girls came running in from the backyard. “Mom! Mom!” they cried. “Abby was digging in your flower garden!” I hurried outside to find several holes in my neatly tended bed. Gone were my delicate pink bleeding hearts I'd spent so much time caring for. “Abby!” I yelled. “Bad dog!” I’m sorry, her eyes seemed to say. But I was too angry to forgive just then.

Abby grew up and settled down a bit, and though my shoes were chewed and my magazines were shredded every now and then, I fell in love with her. She was always in the middle of a birthday celebration, enthusiastically wearing a party hat or a bow on her head. When I had a bad day, her floppy ears became tissues to wipe away the tears. And she made a great pillow when we gathered on the floor in the living room for family video night. Abby completed us.

I began noticing the gray hairs replacing her black ones, how she no longer leapt at the balls we’d toss in her direction. I knew her health was failing, but I wasn’t prepared when a few months after her 15th birthday, Abby passed away.

I cried until I ran out of tears. Did pets go to heaven? I just wanted to know Abby was at peace.

Somehow, I dragged myself into work the next day. I was trying to keep my mind off my sorrow when I looked up to see a new coworker standing there.

“I heard about your dog and I felt I needed to bring you these,” she said. “I know this is how your heart probably feels right now.” She handed me a small bouquet of flowers. All of the sudden, I couldn’t help myself. I broke out into laughter.

My coworker was confused. “What is it?” she asked.

I stared at the bouquet in my hands. Pink bleeding hearts. My co-worker had brought them for me, but I knew who they were really from.
♥- Dayzee- ♥

Barked: Thu May 7, '09 5:37am PST 
May 07, 2009
O Lord, You are my God; I will exalt You, I will praise Your name; for You have done wonderful things. . . .
Isaiah 25:1 (NRSV)

I walk every day. When I have a lot on my mind, these walks can become intense. I’ve been told that friends regularly pass me in their cars, waving like NASCAR signalers, and I don’t even notice.

Lately, I’ve been battling my self-absorption by mixing a little conversation with God into my daily exercise. Since my purpose is to be less focused on myself, I pray for others.

If I see a gorgeous, well-tended garden, I thank God for the people in that house and pray for their continued success.

When someone in a car passes too close to me or speeds by, instead of getting furious, I ask God to keep the driver and everyone he or she encounters safe.

If I see a Coast Guard ship or one of the submarines from the base downriver traveling out to sea, I pray for the safety of the cadets or the submariners.

When I pass the houses of those I know who oppose me on issues like school spending or the homeless shelter in our city, I ask God to keep them well.

If I see a work crew painting a house or mowing a lawn, I pray that their work will go well and that their skin will be safe from the sun.

As I pass the local college, I ask God to help the young people and their professors lead us to a better tomorrow.

When I see some nurses from our city’s hospital power-walking along on their break, I pray for their continued strength, health and gentleness.

And suddenly my walk is over!

It’s amazing how many people I can put in my prayers . . . especially when I’m not thinking about myself.

Lord, help me to be selfless in my prayers.

By Marci Alborghetti

Roxy

Rub My Belly - Rub My Belly!!!

Barked: Thu May 7, '09 3:26pm PST 
Both were awesome!

I liked the walking and praying. If you look at it that way, there's so much to pray for. Totally can take one's mind off themselves.
Thank you for posting that - I needed to read something like that today.

applause
♥- Dayzee- ♥

Barked: Thu May 7, '09 6:48pm PST 
Thank you Roxy for letting me know you enjoyed them.
Some days we all need to be reminded of such things. We some times take so much for granted. Moms been sick for the last two days and she's just been sleeping. She gets up long enough to post and check our messages to see whats going on then she goes right bank to the couch and falls to sleep. Along with being sick I think she really needed some rest. With so much going on here she is just wore out. Probably why she got sick. The 16 year old keeps tellimng her she has the swine flu thing going around....yikes sure hope not. We'd be lost without our mom ya know?
God bless
♥- Dayzee- ♥

Barked: Fri May 8, '09 5:35am PST 
May 08, 2009
So faith, hope, love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
I Corinthians 13:13 (RSV)

My old boss used to say to his employees, “We all get along like a family!” And I thought to myself, Do you know any families?

Families are sometimes a mixed blessing, and my two oldest daughters are prime examples. Yes, Faith and Hope get along splendidly— until they don’t. After one particularly bruising encounter, I separated the combatants and suggested that they tackle homework instead of each other. I knew Faith had a speech due for her high school English class, and this is what she wrote—the most unexpected, most unmixed blessing of all:

My sister Hope and I are close in age, but we’re different in some ways—Hope likes different music than I do. She also dresses much “cooler” than I do. Plus, she can make me laugh more than anyone I know. She can also make me feel better more than anyone else. In some ways, Hope and I are opposites. While I can be uptight and critical, Hope can always be happy-go-lucky.

I’m making a tribute to Hope because I could not live without her. She is my other half, as clichéd as that sounds. I guess you could say, “There is no faith without hope,” which applies not only to my sister and me, but to life.

Emily Dickinson wrote:

“Hope” is the thing with feathers—

That perches in the soul—

And sings the tune without the words—

And never stops—at all—

I couldn’t have said it better myself.

Neither could I.

Lord, thank You for using Faith to remind me that “getting along like a family” isn’t meant to be perfectly harmonious or perfectly calm—or perfect. It’s meant to be the thing with feathers that sings the tune without words and never stops at all.

By Mark Collins
♥- Dayzee- ♥

Barked: Sat May 9, '09 9:28am PST 
Dancing In The Rain.

Dancing in the rain isn't something that most of us are born knowing how to do. We learn it. We learn it from others; we learn it from Life. The more we dance, the better we get at it. Life is a mixture of good and bad... happy and sad... joy and grief. It's easy to be "up" when the positive is at work around us, but most of us don't have a clue how to react when the negative rears its ugly head and clouds an otherwise delightful life. As always, our reaction - our choice - of attitude is the determining factor of whether or not we deal with the negative and move on, or whether we wallow in it, allowing it to totally take over our thoughts, our mood, our Life.

In her wonderful book, The Wealthy Spirit, Chellie Campbell describes how, when she was a girl, her mother taught her to play "The Glad Game." (Remember that from "Pollyanna"?) On days when Chellie came home from school complaining about something - a bully on the playground, a harsh teacher, a skinned knee, or difficult homework – Chellie’s mom would listen, hug her, kiss away her tears, and then suggest, "OK, enough complaining. Let’s play 'The Glad Game.'"

“The Glad Game” is another name for a Gratitude List. “The Glad Game” helps you focus on what’s right in your world today, instead of what’s wrong. Chellie’s mom was a very wise woman, teaching her that no matter what your troubles, there ar e still plenty of things to be grateful for: a sunny day, good food to eat, a loving family, a house to live in, a family pet to love, a handful of friends to enjoy, and much, much more.

Chellie would follow her mother’s suggestion:
“I’m glad I have you as my mom."
“I’m glad the weekend is almost here."
“I’m glad I have some nice clothes to wear to school."
“I’m glad I don’t have to share my room with my sister anymore."
“I’m glad I get to watch TV when I finish my homework."
“I’m glad we have pie for dessert.”

Playing “The Glad Game” is a terrific way to change your attitude in a hurry - no matter what your age. We all slip into self-pity once in a while – after all, we’re only human, and life truly can be very difficult at times. The important thing is to cut the pity-party as short as possible and shift into gratitude. An attitude of gratitude will turn the tide and bring you into a realm of reality that allows you to feel and experience the deep-seated joy of all the blessings you still have around you and in your life. Try it and see.

With practice, dancing in the rain becomes almost automatic. We no longer seek to run from storms...instead, we toss back our heads, throw out our arms, pick up our feet, and DANCE!
♥- Dayzee- ♥

Barked: Sun May 10, '09 6:12am PST 
MOTHER

This is a truly BEAUTIFUL piece. Please read this at a slow pace, digesting every word and in leisure...do not hurry....this is a treasure...

For those lucky to still be blessed with your Mom, this is beautiful. For those of us who aren't, this is even more beautiful. For those who are moms, you'll love this.

The young mother set her foot on the path of life. "Is this the long way?" she asked. And the guide said: "Yes and the way is hard. And you will be old before you reach the end of it. But the end will be better than the beginning."

But the young mother was happy, and she would not believe that anything could be better than these years. So she played with her children, and gathered flowers for them along the way, and bathed them in the clear streams; and the sun shone on them, and the young Mother cried, "Nothing will ever be lovelier than this."

Then the night came, and the storm, and the path was dark, and the children shook with fear and cold, and the mother drew them close and covered them with her mantle, and the children said, "Mother, we are not afraid, for you are near, and no harm can come."

And the morning came, and there was a hill ahead, and the children climbed and grew weary, and the mother was weary. But at all times she said to the children," A little patience and we are there." So the children climbed, and when they reached the top they said, "Mother, we would not have done it without you."

And the mother, when she lay down at night looked up at the stars and said, "This is a better day than the last, for my children have learned fortitude in the face of hardness. Yesterday I gave them courage. Today, I 've given them strength."

And the next day came strange clouds which darkened the earth, clouds of war and hate and evil, and the children groped and stumbled, and the mother said: "Look up. Lift your eyes to the light. “And the children looked and saw above the clouds an everlasting glory, and it guided them beyond the darkness. And that night the Mother said, "This is the best day of all, for I have shown my children God."

And the days went on, and the weeks and the months and the years, and the mother grew old and she was little and bent. But her children were tall and strong, and walked with courage. And when the way was rough, they lifted her, for she was as light as a feather; and at last they came to a hill, and beyond they could see a shining road and golden gates flung wide. And mother said, "I have reached the end of my journey. And now I know the end is better than the beginning, for my children can walk alone, and their children after them."

And the children said, "You will always walk with us, Mother, even when you have gone through the gates." And they stood and watched her as she went on alone, and the gates closed after her. And they said: "We cannot see her but she is with us still. A Mother like ours is more than a memory. She is a living presence......."

Your Mother is always with you.... She's the whisper of the leaves as you walk down the street; she's the smell of bleach in your freshly laundered socks; she's the cool hand on your brow when you're not well. Your Mother lives inside your laughter. And she's crystallized in every tear drop. She's the place you came from, your first home; and she's the map you follow with every step you take. She's your first love and your first heartbreak, and nothing on earth can separate you. Not time, not space... not even death!

PASS THIS ON TO ALL THE MOTHERS &CHILDREN YOU KNOW. MAY WE NEVER TAKE OUR MOTHERS FOR GRANTED...

Pass it on to the men too because they have mothers too....
♥- Dayzee- ♥

Barked: Mon May 11, '09 4:14pm PST 
The Return of Spanky

How my new neighbors saved an old dog
By Roberta Messner, Huntington, West Virginia
May, 2009

"Subdivision neighbors,” Spanky and I called them.

Well, I did at least. Spanky is my 16-year-old rescued mutt. I knew he must feel the same way about how the area was changing.

When I first moved here and turned a rugged old hunting lodge into a cute cabin, it felt like the country. Now, subdivisions had sprouted up like weeds. A row of stately oaks along my property line had shielded me until the developer cut them down. So Spanky and I did our best to get used to all the new strangers around us.

Then one day a thunderstorm spooked him and he broke through the screen porch door. When Spanky gets spooked like that there’s no telling where he might hightail it to. I looked everywhere and talked to all my old neighbors. I was getting worried.

Well, nothing left to do but ask the subdivision neighbors. I walked up to the first house. “I’m Roberta,” I said to the woman on the porch. Her little boy played with a red truck. “I don’t suppose you’ve seen my dog Spanky? A shaggy gray mutt?”

“Your doggie lost?” the boy said. “I say a prayer: Doggie come home!”

“We’ll all pray for Spanky in our house,” the woman said.

I spent the next few hours driving around shouting Spanky’s name out the car window and praying I’d see him cowering under a bush. I kept thinking about the subdivision neighbor. Who cared if her house didn’t look cozy and country? It too, like my own, was a house of prayer.

I turned into my driveway to find a white pickup. There was a man with a muddy gray mutt—Spanky! My dog leapt into my lap. “Showed up at the tavern tonight,” the man said. “Guess he smelled the steaks we were grilling. We let him stay for the NASCAR race.”

Spanky needed a bath pronto. But I said a prayer first, a prayer of thanks for my neighbors—old and new.
Daisy Mae- Sunday Times

Duchess of Boxes

Barked: Tue May 12, '09 5:03pm PST 
Keep up the good work Dayzee. I loved the last one particular. There's a James Herriot story about a cat who would attend all the local events in town including hanging out at the tavern.
  (Page 1 of 12: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12