3 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup uncooked rolled oats
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
1 cup wheat bran
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups chicken broth + amount for consistancy

Preheat oven to 400. Lightly grease cookie sheet. In large bowl combine flour, oats, cornmeal, dry milk , wheat bran and cheddar cheese. In seperate bowl beat eggs foamy and then add chicken broth. Combine 2 mixes until mixture pulls away from the side of the bowl and if dry add a little more broth 1 Tablespoon at a time. Put dough on lightly floured surface and roll out to 1/4 inch. Cut out biscuits with cookie cutter reworking scraps as you go. Dough will become stiff. Place cookies side by side on cookie sheet in center of oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. Cookies will become very dry with golden brown edges. Allow cookies to cool completely and then pile on single cookie sheet and return to cooling oven. Leave undisturbed in closed oven for 8-16 hours. 2 to 2 1/2 pounds (133 cookies per pound)

Edited by author Wed Jan 21, '09 2:59pm PST

Yogi

I Just want to- have Fun

Barked: Wed Jan 21, '09 2:46pm PST 
Oatmeal Cookies with Peanut Butter
3 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup uncooked rolled oats
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 cup milk at room temperature
1 tablespoon molasses
1 1/4 cups creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup chicken broth + amount for consistancy

Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease cookie sheet. Combine flour, rolled oats and baking powder. In seperate bowl beat milk, molasses and peanut butter until smooth. Add chicken broth. Combine 2 mixes until mixture pulls away from sides of bowl and if dry add broth 1 Tablespoon at a time. On lightly floured surface roll out to 1/4 inch. Cut out biscuits with cookie cutter reworking scraps as you go. Dough will become stiff. Place cookies side by side on cookie sheet and bake in center of oven for 20-25 minutes. Cookies will become very dry with golden brown edges. Allow cookies to cool completely and then pile on single cookie sheet and return to cooling oven. Leave undisturbed in closed oven for 8-16 hours. 2 pounds (88 cookies per pound)

Edited by author Wed Jan 21, '09 3:00pm PST

Cookie- 1999-2011

Frisbee Dog

Barked: Wed Jan 21, '09 2:48pm PST 
Simplest Dog Biscuits
3 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 nonfat dry milk
1/3 cup vegetable shortening
1 large egg
3/4 cup beef or chicken broth amount for consistancy

Preheat oven to 400. Lightly grease cookie sheet. In large bowl blend flour and dry milk. Using a pastry blender or 2 knives cut in shortening. In small bowl beat egg and broth together until smooth. Combine the 2 mixes until mixture pulls away from the sides of the bowl and if dry add broth 1 Tablespoon at a time. Put dough on a lightly floured surface and roll out to 1/4 inch. Cut out biscuits with cookie cutter reworking scraps as you go. Dough will become stiff. Place cookies side by side on cookie sheet and bake in center of oven for 20-25 minutes. Cookies will become very dry with golden brown edges. Allow cookies to cool completely and then pile on single cookie sheet and return to cooling oven. Leave undisturbed in closed oven for 8-16 hours. 1 - 1 1/4 pound (100 cookies per pound)

Edited by author Wed Jan 21, '09 3:00pm PST

Kaden

Aren't I Cute?

Barked: Wed Jan 21, '09 3:12pm PST 
Are there any NO GRAIN, NO WHEAT cookies??? Iz would like some!! cloud 9
ღMaggieღ

What do you mean-

Barked: Wed Jan 21, '09 3:33pm PST 
Everypup loves these!!!

Pea"Mutt" Butter and Pumpkin "Pup"cakes

2 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1 egg (slightly beaten)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup peanut butter (chunky)
3 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
1/2 cup oats
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl mix water, pumpkin, egg, vanilla, and peanut butter thoroughly. In a large bowl combine flour, oats, baking powder, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Mix wet and dry ingredients together and stir well. Spoon into a greased mini muffin pan, making sure to fill each cup completely and piled high. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until firm (but not too brown). Cool completely and store in an open container or paper bag in the refrigerator. Makes 30 mini pupcakes
Cookie- 1999-2011

Frisbee Dog

Barked: Wed Jan 21, '09 3:37pm PST 
Nutrition Facts

Serving Size 1 treats 9g

Recipe makes 50 treats)

The following items or measurements
are not included below:

instant potato flakes
Calories 9
Calories from Fat 0 (6%)
Amount Per Serving %DV
Total Fat 0.1g 0%
Saturated Fat 0.0g 0%
Monounsaturated Fat 0.0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.0g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Cholesterol 3mg 1%
Sodium 5mg 0%
Potassium 42mg 1%
Total Carbohydrate 0.4g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0.0g 0%
Sugars 0.0g
Protein 1.7g 3%
Vitamin A 3mcg 0%
Vitamin B6 0.0mg 1%
Vitamin B12 0.1mcg 1%
Vitamin C 0mg 0%
Vitamin E 0mcg 0%
Calcium 1mg 0%
Iron 0mg 0%

how is this calculated?
Grain-Free Fish Treats for Dogs or Cats Recipe #344379
Dogs should not have grains! Neither should cats! So I am working on making home-made dog and cat treats for christmas that are hypoalleginic! I hope you like! This is the first one. It is a bit involved but the dogs love it!
by Fudge Lady

50 min | 5 min prep

50 treats

* 1 lb cod
* 1/2 cup instant potato flakes (more or less as needed)
* 1 dash garlic (omit for cats)

1. pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Puree fish and potato in food processor until it forms a playdough consistancy.
3. Spread evenly into ungreased cake pan.
4. bake for 20 min until fish is springy to the touch.
5. here is the tricky part:.
6. turn fish onto cooling rack I then put the cooling rack into a sided cookie sheet. Place another cookie sheet on top and then weigh it down (I use a cast iron pot) this will squeese out the moisture and make it a simi moist treat.
7. Put this stack back into the oven for about 15 min
8. carefully pull everything out and let it cool all stack up
9. when cool you can cut into bite-sized pieces.
10. store in the fridge lasts about 1-2 weeks can be frozen for up to 2 months.

Little Kaden found this on the net. I'll look for more
Yogi

I Just want to- have Fun

Barked: Wed Jan 21, '09 3:40pm PST 
For training treats, I like this recipe:

1/2 box potato starch (usually found in the kosher food section of the grocery store)
1 can of tuna in water

Mix ingredients in bowl, until fully mixed. Add a little water if it's too thick or powdery. Spread on a greased baking sheet and cook for about 20-30 minutes or until it's all gray.

Let cool, and cut with a pizza cutter into bite sized pieces. Dogs love 'em
Again we found it on the net. These look simple
Kaden

Aren't I Cute?

Barked: Wed Jan 21, '09 3:41pm PST 
know what I think? maybe I can just do the potato flakes instead of wheat...
Cookie- 1999-2011

Frisbee Dog

Barked: Wed Jan 21, '09 3:44pm PST 
Maybe its worth a try. Do you avoid all flours?
Kaden

Aren't I Cute?

Barked: Wed Jan 21, '09 5:34pm PST 
I deff avoid all flour & wheat, but grains are no BIG deal... it's the wheat that bugs Mummy

Speaking of which I just switched to to Innova Puppy Food tonight!

Kayla eats Orijen (that's from Canada Teddy!!!) snoopy
  (Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9