January 3rd QOTD....

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Riley

Moms girl...

Barked: Sat Jan 3, '09 5:06am PST 
Mom has pictures of me at work...of all of usdancing Well people of course can see them. As some of you know rude things have been said to mom about bully's. The latest being "You do not look like someone who would own a Pitt Bull" You read correctly!!That was said just yesterday!! Mom thought of all of you immediately and wondered...this has to happen to them as well...what do you do?? How do you handle the rude,mean things people say??
Riley

Moms girl...

Barked: Sat Jan 3, '09 5:12am PST 
I felt you all with me very strongly yesterday!!way to go I drew some strength from that and was able to keep my cool...I felt an unbelievable anger come over me.red face I can not remember the last time I got that angry....somehow I managed to smile and say...clearly you do not know anything about the breed and are influenced by all the media negativity so I will forgive your ignorant comment. I wonder if you would be so forgiving if I said something awful about your child?...Then I excused myself and walked away...I thought should I take my pictures down so I do not have to hear such things?? Then I thought NO I am proud of Riley...my dogs are who I am!! I have just two pictures at work...of Dennis and the kids...Tell me what you think...I would appreciate your advicehug
CC

Daddy's Girl

Barked: Sat Jan 3, '09 7:07am PST 
Hi Rye!! I think it's great that your momma has pictures of you on her desk and we thinks she should definitely keep them there. We live out in the country but we have a trail behind our house that a lot of people use. It's amazing the looks people will give you when they see your "mean aggressive pit bull" (YEAH RIGHT!) Mom tends to just ignore them and then usually bends down to pet me saying "my sweet little girl, you are so good!" just loud enough for that person to see! When people see the pictures on her desk of me & my paw brother (he's a German Shepherd) they always say oh you have two big agressive dogs. Mom gets angry sometimes too but then she explains how loving her dogs are and that people get the wrong impression. It's amazing how little people know about the "bully" breed and what some education can do! little angel

Angel Buddy (Baby Kisses)

Baby Kisses.

Barked: Sat Jan 3, '09 8:10am PST 
waveHi Everypup!
Mom got the same reaction working for an Agency yesterday! She had worn one of her doggy print jackets, and was asked what types of dogs she owned. She told them a Boxer and an Am Staff! Immediately came the comments "Oh a Pit Bull" "aren't you afraid it will attack you?" blah, blah, blah.
Mom doesn't let their ignorance get to her. She quietly explains she doesn't have to be afraid of her fur baby, and that too many negative stories about pit bulls are always being shown. But very rarely does anyone ever show a positive image of the breed.
She tells them how loving, friendly and good I am.
A little positive story to share. When my skin brother first married his wife, she was deathly afraid of "Pit Bulls". When she first met me, she couldn't believe that I was a "Pit". Even the kids don't have a problem coming to talk to me, give me treats or to play. Even my Skin Brothers, Step-Daughter who is afraid of Dino, my brother(a Boxer), will come and pet me and talk to me. Ben, my skin brothers two-year old, just loves to hold treats in his hand for me to take and to play with me.
It just adds fire to the fuel, when you re-act to others ignorance. Riley by all means, your mom should keep your picture on her desk to show the world. Mom always shows off pictures of me, and doesn't let ignorance of others bother her when they make a negative comment.
A wonderful site to share: http://www.understand-a-bull.com/
It lists all the states with BSL. It also has an area that shows how to fight BSL. It has a lot of positive stories about Heroic Pits that have saved their owners or even strangers. Sorry post so long. But can't let others ignorance get you upset. As long as YOU know the TRUTH about the BREED, their IGNORANCE DOESN'T MATTER!!!!
Boo

Sqeaky Toys- beware!

Barked: Sat Jan 3, '09 1:34pm PST 
Well maybe mom looks too mean or something because no one ever says anything about me...I mean we can see it on their faces but..most times I am walking wif Raven or Wheezer and she thinks might soften the mean look I carry around (yeah right) Wheezer is the mean one.
Anyhoo...mom has heard things when she doesn't have me with her but she just keeps quite and lets them rant because most times she is volunteering or is doing her business and it wouldn't help to say what she wants too.

BOL however there was one time when a lady walked by all six of us when mom was talking to another lady walking her dog and said "I don't like Rottwelliers they scare me"...looking at Gus cuz he is so muscular ...and the lady mom was talking with gots all mad and screamed after this lady...HE IS NOT A ROTTWELLIER...get with the program....He he..Mom had no idea who this woman was but she stuck up for us...he hecheer
♥- Brutus- ♥

Born to Play

Barked: Sat Jan 3, '09 1:43pm PST 
That stinks Mel but you handled it so well! Bravo! applauseapplauseapplause I have so many pictures of Brutus in my office that the cleaning people tell me they look for new ones to look at cause they love them so much. Everyone in my department 'knows better' than to say anything to me face to face. I work in a small building so we all know each other pretty good. Oh I'm sure they have their comments but they keep it to themselves which is good. I have come across it though when I'm walking Brutus. Usually I end up mumbling to myself out loud about idiot people and they tend to just keep walking. I crack up at the people who look at Brutus like he's Satan reincarnated but then insist on walking past us as close as they can. I guess they want to make sure I see the yucky look on their face... idiots. Brutus is like my son and if anyone says anything about him they need to be ready for that lol. The only person I can remember lately that I let 'get away with it' is the secretary at the vets office. I really like my vet and she really like Brutus but her secretary is a different story. The last time I was there I was at the counter with Brutus when a little dog came walking in with a old friend I had not seen in years. While we're trying to talk, Brutus is acting aggresive towards the dog. Yes I know he's wrong and yes I'm going to try to defend it like any mom would lol. Brutus doesn't like strange dogs. If you give him a minute to get to know the dog, he's fine but initially no he's not the most cordial dog on the planet. That being said it wasn't like he was being a luniac or anything but it was enough for the secretary to make a wise crack comment when she heard my friend ask me about Brutus. She said something like yeah go ahead and tell her what Brutus is like.... So I blurted something out like he loves people but he's not that friendly with strange dogs. I wanted so much to just say something rude to her but I just bit my tongue cause I know I need my vet and this was not worth it. Maybe. Cause I've been angry at myself plenty of times afterwards for not saying more. Oh well.....
♥- Brutus- ♥

Born to Play

Barked: Sat Jan 3, '09 1:46pm PST 
That stinks Mel but you handled it so well! Bravo! applauseapplauseapplause I have so many pictures of Brutus in my office that the cleaning people tell me they look for new ones to look at cause they love them so much. Everyone in my department 'knows better' than to say anything to me face to face. I work in a small building so we all know each other pretty good. Oh I'm sure they have their comments but they keep it to themselves which is good. I have come across it though when I'm walking Brutus. Usually I end up mumbling to myself out loud about idiot people and they tend to just keep walking. I crack up at the people who look at Brutus like he's Satan reincarnated but then insist on walking past us as close as they can. I guess they want to make sure I see the yucky look on their face... idiots. Brutus is like my son and if anyone says anything about him they need to be ready for that lol. The only person I can remember lately that I let 'get away with it' is the secretary at the vets office. I really like my vet and she really like Brutus but her secretary is a different story. The last time I was there I was at the counter with Brutus when a little dog came walking in with a old friend I had not seen in years. While we're trying to talk, Brutus is acting aggresive towards the dog. Yes I know he's wrong and yes I'm going to try to defend it like any mom would lol. Brutus doesn't like strange dogs. If you give him a minute to get to know the dog, he's fine but initially no he's not the most cordial dog on the planet. That being said it wasn't like he was being a luniac or anything but it was enough for the secretary to make a wise crack comment when she heard my friend ask me about Brutus. She said something like yeah go ahead and tell her what Brutus is like.... So I blurted something out like he loves people but he's not that friendly with strange dogs. I wanted so much to just say something rude to her but I just bit my tongue cause I know I need my vet and this was not worth it. Maybe. Cause I've been angry at myself plenty of times afterwards for not saying more. Oh well.....
Coco

Rub my belly- paw-leeeeze

Barked: Sat Jan 3, '09 5:09pm PST 
I feel your pain, Melani. I get those comments about Coco and I used to say something like, "You know nothing about the breed and what you hear on the news is only half the story. You need to know pit bulls are NOT human aggressive and when you hear about an attack, you cannot judge the breed unless you know the entire story. I used to say I BET the pit bull had an irresponsible owner and was chained or something." They still don't get it and since stupid is as stupid does, I ignore them.
Riley

Moms girl...

Barked: Sat Jan 3, '09 5:41pm PST 
Thank you hughug My dad always says you can not fix stupid....I think he may be right. All of your post have made me feel much better.hughug
Coco

Rub my belly- paw-leeeeze

Barked: Sat Jan 3, '09 5:51pm PST 
Let's all 'huggle' ... that's a group hug ... BOL!
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2