Gorgeous Boy Available in New Orleans

Ricky- **ADOPTED!!*- *

I love being the- official state- dog

Barked: Mon Dec 15, '08 8:09am PST 
Bunk "Ricky" is now available for adoption at Animal Rescue New Orleans. He didn't work out in my home because I have three cats and we didn't realize the degree of his cat "fixation." We had to return him to the rescue, but I'm trying to do everything I can to see that he finds a fabulous home. He's approximately 1 yr, neutered & chipped. He's a sweet loving dog who has yet to meet another dog he doesn't like and want to play with. Otherwise.. he's all "catahoula" in his temperament and behavior. While we only had him in our home for one week, it was quickly apparent that he is willing and able to learn... although he's a bit hard-headed and willful. He came to us with almost no basic training but was making good progress on sit, down and leave it. He'll need extensive obedience schooling to keep a handle on his "catahoulaness." But he shows every indication of becoming a good student. Pass the word! For more information on the rescue where he is located.. www.animalrescueneworleans.org
Ricky- **ADOPTED!!*- *

I love being the- official state- dog

Barked: Mon Feb 16, '09 10:17am PST 
Bunk-Ricky is once again looking for a new home. He has been returned to Animal Rescue New Orleans by his -second- adoptive home. There was apparently an issue and he was escaping from the family's yard. Heartbreaking as it is.. this gorgeous Catahoula almost certainly needs an owner experienced with the breed or similar dogs.