PLEASE HELP me save Casper

Lucky

i am bossy!!

Barked: Thu Aug 7, '08 2:59pm PST 
Hey everyone…
I had a long day, as most of you know Casper has been diagnosed with heart problems a week ago… after seeing 3 different vet’s that gave me 3 different opinions I decided to do a EKG (Electrocardiogram or also known as Ultra sound). Hoping that it was nothing major and it’s something that he can grow out of…
Well I was wrong, Casper needs a operation… he’s got PULMONIC STENOSIS… meaning:

Casper unfortunately has severe stenosis… that’s why his heart murmur sounds so loud and that’s why the first vet evaluated him at a grade 6 murmur. The right artery is barely pumping blood into his heart; he is in risk of his heart enlarging on the right side, and then cardiac arrest.
He needs the operation as soon as possible (the procedure that he needs done is Balloon angioplasty) … his heart is only going to be able to take it for so long… I don’t have much time, the vet told me I have 2 and a half months before it gets even worse…
The procedure is $3500 … I don’t have the kind of money nor can I get in the next few months…. It seems impossible… I feel so heart broken… I don’t know what to do…
If there’s anyone that’s willing to help me, please make a donation to save Casper’s life…any donation will be greatly appreciated.. you can donate the money to my paypal account kashasantos@gmail.com

Thank you for being such good pup pals

*hugs and may God be always with you*
Kasha – Casper’s mom… (lucky 5)

for those of you who don't know what Pulmonic stemosis is here's some info [ Pulmonic stenosis is a congenital narrowing in the region of the pulmonary valve, which lies between the right ventricular chamber of the heart and the pulmonary artery. As part of the normal circulation of the heart, the right ventricle pumps blood to the lungs to receive oxygen. The oxygenated blood goes back to the left side of the heart from which it is pumped out to the rest of the body.
With pulmonic stenosis, there is partial obstruction of normal blood flow, most commonly due to a malformation of the pulmonic valve (pulmonic valve dysplasia), but the abnormality may be immediately above or below the valve as well.
The effect of this partial obstruction is to force the heart to work harder to pump blood to the lungs. The extent to which a dog will be affected depends on the degree of narrowing (stenosis) of the valve area. With severe stenosis, the dogs will likely develop congestive heart failure due to the increased workload of the heart. The hemodynamic consequences of pulmonic stenosis are the development of right ventricular concentric hypertrophy (enlargement) and reduced filling of the left ventricle. The right ventricular concentric hypertrophy causes reduced right ventricular compliance with reduced distensibility.
Mild to moderate stenosis can be monitored, severe needs a operation… or your pet had a life span of 6-12 months left.]
Silly

Bad to the bone - the little- kitten bone

Barked: Fri Aug 8, '08 10:02am PST 
When my oldest indoor cat, Silly, got sick earlier this year and needed to go into the vet hospital for more than a week, I learned about a medical credit program that basically lets you open a credit card that can only be used at the vet. Then you pay it off a little bit at a time. I didn't end up having to use it, but the vet said lots of folks do and almost no one gets turned down. Perhaps this could help in a more immediate way?

All the best,
Carlie

kitty
lilli

Barked: Fri Aug 8, '08 8:37pm PST 
The credit is called Care Credit at my vet. I unfortunately can't help financially, i just rescued a heartworm positive american bulldog, a pug who went in for a spay and flatlined 2 times and has heart probs also.

May I suggest cheking with your local Anti Cruelty (Chicago)or Animal Control Center, also any veterinary college like in Springfield, IL. Any college or university that teaches vet medicine should be able to help

Good Luck, Lillis mom

Good Luck.