Just to Chat

(Page 4 of 33: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  [Last 10 entry]  
Amber *In- Loving- Memory*

Yankee Doodle- Girl--Born July- 4th!

Barked: Fri Jul 4, '08 5:06pm PST 
MOL--you're all so funny!

My Mommy and Grandmaw and Grandpaw have driven past South of the Border tons of times--it's on the border (duh!) between South Carolina and North Carolina. We live in South Carolina, but most of our relatives live in North Carolina, so we travel on I-95 to visit them--straight past South of the Border.

And yes, my family has stopped there a few times. It really is pretty flashy/trashy, but it's kind of fun, too.

I don't know if this is still true, but several years ago Mommy and Grandmaw stopped there for a soft drink, and they decided to--umm--use the ladies' room. You had to PAY to get a stall!!! shock (But a nice lady held the door open for us, so....laugh out loud)

BUT--poor Grandmaw cut her finger somehow on the door (!!) and it started bleeding! It didn't occur to either Mommy or Grandmaw until a couple of weeks later that poor Grandmaw could have gotten tetanus from that!!! confused

I think Someone must have been watching over Grandmaw, because she didn't get sick. But now my family always gets their tetanus shots! eek

Travelling is such an adventure, MOL!
Muffin

Chubby Jungle- Kitty

Barked: Mon Jul 7, '08 10:53am PST 
Oooh, Amber, sounds like that was quite the adventure! Mom said in Europe you almost ALWAYS have to pay to use the facilities if you're a girl! How does THAT work?!? confused
Lucy

Pretty Girl

Barked: Tue Jul 8, '08 7:00am PST 
MARIA NEEDS A NEW FOSTER HOME ASAP - Lovely Maria in California must get a new home soon; pmail her with ideas/encouragement/interest!

Due to complaints from neighbors and threats by the management company of my apartment building about barking when I'm not around, Maria must find a new foster or home in the next 48 hours or so or be returned to the shelter.

I'm really heartbroken about the situation, but living under the freeway just isn't an option for us (rents around here have doubled and I can't afford to move).

We are calling on the power of the paw to help find Maria a placement.

She needs to be in a single dog home (or possibly with a mellow male dog) and definitely no cats. As her prey drive is relatively high and she does have toy-guarding issues with other dogs.

Maria is a shy girl who warms up to you quickly once she gets to know you. She is eager to please and learns quickly. She walks on leash nicely, sits at curbs when asked, and is on her way to being good at "loose leash".

Ideally, she needs someone who is experienced with pitbulls or other "strong" breeds; someone who has no problem stepping up and being the pack leader. She needs someone who can jog or rollerblade with her to burn off some of that adolescent energy.

In return, you'll find an incredibly sweet and loving companion, who will happily flip over for a belly rub or chin scratch.

I'm willing to travel to a degree within California in order to help place her in either an acceptable new foster or furever home.

Maria's Dogster ID is: 763878

CHADWICK - LOVE IS- FOREVER

JAZZMAN CHAD

Barked: Wed Jul 16, '08 6:44pm PST 
She sounds so sweet - we will all pray for her to find a good Catholic home that loves dogs like her!! (thats all we can do, we live too far away to help logistically)
Pumpkin Puss-

Don\'t Drink the- Haterade

Barked: Sat Jul 19, '08 12:37pm PST 
I'm back and officially settled in my new home!!! party It took a while for us to get our household goods (incl. computer) in, so we just got the internet access established today.

Lucy - I'll purr that Maria gets adopted into a loving home. I wish I could help you further by taking her in. frown
CHADWICK - LOVE IS- FOREVER

JAZZMAN CHAD

Barked: Mon Jul 21, '08 10:33am PST 
How do you like your new house, Pumpkin Puss?
Pumpkin Puss-

Barked: Tue Jul 22, '08 9:04am PST 
Chadwick, I'm loving it. We're still unpacking stuff so there are many more cardboard boxes for me to chew. big grin And now that the furniture arrived, I have my hiding places again. But I'll admit I've been spending a lot of time at my big ol' cat tree. I missed it so much.

They also have huge bugs here in Texas. My mom gets so scared by them, but to me, they're no big deal. I've killed 2 of them already. My dad was so proud when that happened, called me his "mighty hunter", LOL.
Muffin

Chubby Jungle- Kitty

Barked: Wed Jul 23, '08 6:28am PST 
Oooo, bug hunting is FUN!!! big grin Glad you're enjoying the new digs. I wish there were more boxes around our house for me to play with, but Mom pretty much has everything unpacked now. (We moved in May!)

Sadly, Maria didn't find a home and was brought to a shelter. The people there put her down the very next day. We were soooo sad when we heard this. We say lots of prayers for her and her foster mommy who feels soooo horrible. frown
Pumpkin Puss-

Barked: Thu Jul 24, '08 7:28am PST 
Yeah, bug huntin' is a great sport. My mom also said that it's practical because she hates killing bugs; I guess I'm the exterminator around here.

And Muffin, thanks for the update. I feel so bad for Maria and her foster mom. I'll continue to purr for Maria. May she be in a better place now. cry
Mr. Micky,- Southern- Gentleman,

Braveheart

Barked: Sat Jul 26, '08 7:45am PST 
Glad to hear Pumpkin Puss is enjoying his new Texas home-it must be fun chasing all those giant bugs. We don't have bugs just a few ants....All the boxes are unpacked, that was fun while it lasted. I'm enjoying running up and down my new stairs!! I can now see Saint Francis just outside the glass doors, he's watching over us. Peaceful purrs, Mister Micky and family
  (Page 4 of 33: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  [Last 10 entry]