Introduce Yourself!

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 33)  
1  2  3  4  
Max (In- Loving- Memory)

Howard HUGE, Big- Puppy

Barked: Thu Apr 29, '10 10:31am PST 
Hurro!

Im the mom of 3 black and tan furkids. I live in northern AZ right along the Colorado River...In the Mohave desert where temps reach 120+ during the long summer months.

Our furkids were all pound puppies, and they are the joys of my life. Our newest one is Moses. He is a HUGE headed rottie who was extremely fearful of humans and was a bit skinny at 97 lbs when we brought him home 2 years ago. Xrays confirmed hip dysplasia and he also had an ACL tear in his left knee. He was a little over a year old when he was picked up by AC, and was to be euthanized within days. Our local shelter has a 90% kill rate for "aggressive" breeds. Though he intimidates some people with his huge size, he is really just a big lover (NOT a biter!) My DH liked him because he looked fierce, but we soon learned he was just a giant mama's boy who wanted LOTS of attention!

Car rides are his fave, and I love seeing peoples's reaction to him.....HUGE smile and big head out the back window.

We also have Sammy, a female rottn one who we adopted at 3 months of age. After the passing of our first Rottie, Max, we called the shelter to see if any Rotties were available to adopt. She was, but she had a tail (undesireable for some wannabe rottie owners). She was SO cute and playful, and extremely gentle too. She has since become the top watchdog in our pack, and takes her job VERY serously! She is almost 3 now, and has turned out to be a really smart, loving and gorgeous girl.

Finally, Maya....She is now almost 6, and we have had her since she was about 10 weeks old. She is a beautiful black and tan medium sized dog. We thought she was Rott/mix, but she has serious herding traits, and doesnt really act like a rottweiler at all. She is extremely intelligent and agile, and though she is the smallest, its obvious she is the alpha dog of our pack.

Ive not been too active in this group, but hope to re-connect with my rottie-loving e-friends as well as meeting some new ones here.

Have a gRRRRReat day, groupies!
Rosie (In- Loving- Memory)

Wosie Woo

Barked: Sat May 1, '10 9:03pm PST 
wavewavewavewavewave Max,

It's great to meet you! blue dogblue dogblue dogblue dog

Love,

Rosie
Madison

Queen of Sheeba!

Barked: Sat May 7, '11 2:27pm PST 
Bumping this up!!!