Close X

Training at home....

(Page 1 of 23: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  
Sadie- KCGCDS(G)

Talking- Agility- Owner

Barked: Tue Mar 4, '08 8:38am PST 
A full dog agility course is wonderful to have, but it’s not necessary to begin your home training. First, think of your backyard size and what it can hold. You may want to get an 8 foot Dog-walk instead of a standard 12 foot. You may consider 4 single jumps instead of 1 single and a triple jump. Some agility jumps are made so that you can twist off two of the bottom legs and place two or three agility jumps close together to practice that triple jump.

Second, when considering the dog agility equipment you want to purchase, consider the size and speed of your dog. Often used is 3/4” PVC or 1” PVC for most agility jumps or weave poles. If your dog is small and light weight, 3/4” will suffice and you can spread your budget further.
Checkers- 1994-2009

Mama's Angel- 1994-2009

Barked: Tue Mar 4, '08 2:42pm PST 
Sadie, do you think there is some kind of "agility" I can do at home for fun? I do have limited mobility...I can't jump. But mama thinks I'd like some kind of activity.
Sadie- KCGCDS(G)

Talking- Agility- Owner

Barked: Tue Mar 4, '08 3:25pm PST 
Check with your Vet firstway to go but I don't see why you can't do the tunnel and perhaps a low Dog Walk but I would avoid most of the other pieces of equipment, you could always have fun with the retrieve though, this is where you sit and wait then your mom throws your favourite toy but you don't go fetch it straight away, you have to wait until your mom tells you too, then you bring it back to her with a big smile on your face and wait fur your treatway to gowinksnoopy

Sadie- KCGCDS(G)

Talking- Agility- Owner

Barked: Sun Mar 9, '08 3:09pm PST 
bump
Josie

Too cute for- words

Barked: Sun Mar 9, '08 3:39pm PST 
What can you recommend fur a crazy pup like me?
Sadie- KCGCDS(G)

Talking- Agility- Owner

Barked: Sun Mar 9, '08 4:18pm PST 
laugh out loudlaugh out loudJosie - obedience basic training and flatwork to start. Once you have mastered those and you are listening to you moma, then the world is your oysterway to go Always use uncomplicated commands i.e. sit, wait, stay, come, down - don't let your moma confuse you with add ons i.e. sit DOWN, wait THERE, come HERE - short and simple commands is goodway to gowink

PS Always get Josie's attention first by saying her name then the commandway to go

Edited by author Sun Mar 9, '08 4:24pm PST

Checkers- 1994-2009

Mama's Angel- 1994-2009

Barked: Mon Mar 10, '08 5:04am PST 
I always liked climbing ladders as a pup...and then sliding down the sliding board. laugh out loud laugh out loud Is there an agility course that has that? Of course, now I'd need help up the rungs thinking thinking
Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Mon Mar 10, '08 5:56am PST 
Would you recommend Agility for a Dog like me Sadie? Thing is, is that i'm not very boistrous like all the other Agility dogs i seem to see thinking I'd be prone to walk half way round the course probably.

I'm not Toy obsessed either.
Sadie- KCGCDS(G)

Talking- Agility- Owner

Barked: Mon Mar 10, '08 7:20am PST 
Checkers - wow up and down ladders ah......applauseapplause A small A Frame would do you just fine or a low Dog Walk as mentioned earlierway to go

Tyler - I think you would be brilliant at agility - calm is good sometimes and I am sure you would get some va va vroom, don't furget I can be a little shy and doing agility definitely helped me with that. If you not toy orientated I am sure you are treat orientatedlaugh out loud and I know you like your tennis ballswink all mum needs to do is find something that you really like to play wiv as an aidway to go

Edited by author Mon Mar 10, '08 7:24am PST

Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Mon Mar 10, '08 8:44am PST 
Thanks Sadie big grin I'd work for treats defiantly laugh out loud

I suppose we could only try Agility and if it didn't suit me then mum would take me out.

Mum is looking for a training class at the moment and then hopefully try Agility through that at some stage. Gonna wait till the warmer weather comes though way to go
  (Page 1 of 23: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]