The Scary Word Parvo

Spud

Is it time to- eat yet??

Barked: Tue Feb 19, '08 7:37pm PST 
Hi everyone!

I am going to be bringing Spud home for the first time this Saturday. I am so excited!!!!

I am just worried about Parvo. I have gone through and bleached my house 1/2cup bleach to 1 gallon of water three times so far. I have never had a dog with Parvo here but it is post housing so I am doing my best to be careful. So am I doing enough? Or should I bleach my yard too? I am already decided that anyone coming to visit Spud is going to have to take off their shoes in a designated spot and use hand sanitizer before touching/playing with Spud.
I have heard so many horror stories about Parvo that it has me scared silly!

Any tips/advise would be greatly appreciated even if it is only to tell me to chill!
Belle

Barked: Thu Mar 27, '08 5:48pm PST 
As one who has gone through Parvo with my male Chihuahua I can tell you that it is also air born so no matter what it is super hard to avoid since we had nobody come to visit our home, but found out a neighbors dog living 4 blocks down from us died from Parvo over 6 months before we brought home Harley. Thankfully he survived especially with being so very tiny.

I do suggest that you bleach your yard to since that does help in case you've had a dog that was carrying the virus on their paws. Even with vaccinating your dog from this particular virus is still will not prevent them from getting it in case you were no aware of this fact.

If your needing more information I suggest calling to ask your own veterinarian about it so that way you have the complete facts about it. Hope this is of help to you and that everything works out great for you.
Sadie

Barked: Mon Oct 27, '08 5:58pm PST 
Hope everything works out and congrats!