Graduation!!!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
King Dewey- of- Destruction

I'm not your- typical pug!

Barked: Mon Dec 24, '07 8:25am PST 
I graduated puppy training this last Saturday! I had a lot of fun there, and with my classmates. Mommy and I liked it so much that we got me signed up for the Intermediate level starting January 5th. She's hoping that she talked my other classmates into joining that one. I learned a lot of things, but here are the ones that I remembered at the top of my head.

Come when called
Taking treats gently
No Biting
Walking with distractions
Sit when told while walking
Leave it
Leave it while walking
Drop it
Drop it while walking
Sit
Stay
Lie down
Lie down and stay
Some tricks (attempted giving a paw, roll over, stand up) I only got roll over so far
Leaving a treat on my paw and telling me to leave it.

Those are the ones I can think of right away! I really loved it though and look forward to going back. I wouldn't keep my cap on when mommy tried to get pictures! She wasn't very happy about that.
Furby

I'm- cute

Barked: Tue Dec 25, '07 2:43am PST 
Congratulations!! You are one smart Pug. Maybe you could give the group some obedience pointers. We sure wish we could do all the tricks you can!!

Barked: Tue Dec 25, '07 9:04am PST 
Sure! I would love to help out!

Ming

Lover boy!

Barked: Tue Dec 25, '07 1:13pm PST 
Congratulations, Deweyway to go
You do know a lot now. I will come to the Pug pals class too. We can use to learn some new tricks. dancing
Minnie

Where's the- rabbit?

Barked: Tue Dec 25, '07 1:16pm PST 
Wow..."taking treats gently" .... Ming could really use to learn
that one big grin
Congratulations on your Graduation, Dewey

Barked: Tue Dec 25, '07 9:56pm PST 
Thanks smile I look forward to my next one. Email me or ask on here if you would like to know some tips. Mommy can try to explain them on here the best she can.
Kitty

I'm not- a scaredy- cat

Barked: Wed Dec 26, '07 2:46am PST 
We'd like to know how to learn to take treats without taking off our folks fingers? BOL!!!
Ming

Lover boy!

Barked: Wed Dec 26, '07 5:23am PST 
Hey Dewey, I need to learn that one too, just like Kitty. Mommy and Daddy tell me "EASY" but I am so excited to get treats I am shakin all over, and I think I am going to eat the fingers with the treats. wave
Hana Chan- (Rainbow- Bridge)

Very Lady Hana- the Ebullient of- Helions

Barked: Wed Dec 26, '07 8:13am PST 
Conpugulations! That's wonderful news! I bet your mommy is very proud of you. Keep up the good work and continue to advance! I am happy for you, but now mommy is looking at me like she expects me to learn all of that now too.

Barked: Wed Dec 26, '07 9:37am PST 
Don't worry... if you go where I went the doggies fall in love with the trainer and meet new friends. We have a lot of fun. Let's see... it may not work as well from reading it here or seeing the trainer do it himself. It was something we learned the first day and mommy didn't really do it with me because that's one thing that I actually didn't do.

He would hold the treat for us near our face like he was going to give us one like normal and if we went to snap he would hold it a little higher and shout "UH UH" in a loud firm voice. He kept pulling it back a little and doing that until we took it gently. The key is being firm and loud with "uh uh". Keep practicing and some training takes much longer than some of the other stuff. (Mine was lie down)
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2