Why do you love you dog/dogs so much??

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Smokey RIP

Pretty Boy!!!

Barked: Wed Dec 12, '07 5:28pm PST 
Smokey hu-mom here .I just thought I would like to hear why you all love your dog/s so much! I Love my babies because they protect me, make me laugh, love me uncondtionally, and test me! So, tell me what about you?
♥~Lil- Miss- Mya~♥

Sleepy Hollow- Mya

Barked: Thu Dec 13, '07 8:07am PST 
She has a lot I love about her, her playfulness, how smart she is, her loving nature (she always knows when something is wrong), how she sings and dances when she wants something. The list can go on and one 4~Ever lets see she is just adorable all around. What a great topic Smokey snoopy
Angel Hailey- (10/3/98~1/1- 4/11)

Barked: Thu Dec 13, '07 2:36pm PST 
I have had dogs all of my life...I cannot even imagine a life without dogs in it...to me to ask me to stop loving dogs and having them in my life would be like asking my heart to cease to beat.

Leika

Me First, Me- First!!

Barked: Sun Dec 30, '07 7:43pm PST 
Leika is my first dog! She's so loving, yet independent. Smart - too smart for my own good. I know she's holding back a lot of the time! She keeps me on my toes. She lets me cuddle with her. Her talking and complaining. Watching her have so much fun and that I was able to give her the (at least) 3rd chance at a forever home. (was a stray at the shelter, adopted and returned 3 days later, then I came.) I love to watch her play, especially with interactive toys that she has to work on. I get to meet a lot of new people and learn lots of new things! I can't imagine my life without her anymore! big grin
Cheyenne

Love the Chey!

Barked: Sun Dec 30, '07 8:00pm PST 
Chey's mom here...I love her because she is a real sweetie. She's always so concerned about us if we seem to be hurt or upset.

I love how she paws me to keep petting her if I stop before she's done with me.

I love her excitement about the little things (something I also love about my furless daughter, btw)...she's just such a great dog that it's hard to think of a reason not to love her.

Not that she's perfect or doesn't have things we need to work on with her (having had her less than a year), but we're at least her 3rd home (including her temporary foster home) & we're willing to put in the time & effort with her because she's worth it!!!

I have always been a dog person. They are just so wonderful & it's sad how many humans mistreat, abuse & don't appreciate how wonderful they can be. Or treat them as "just dogs"...whatever that means.
Smokey RIP

Pretty Boy!!!

Barked: Wed Jan 2, '08 6:44am PST 
I love seeing all your reasons for loving your dogs sooo... much! I can relate to all of them! Thank you for keeping this topic going. It is nice to see all the love! applause
Mika Akila- Blue

It's ALL about- ME!

Barked: Wed Jan 2, '08 2:10pm PST 
I've had dogs my entire life. I can't imagine life without them. There are two things in life that I could not live without. Dogs and music. Dogs make a house a home and music brings depth and emotion to one's soul. Yeah, cheezy I know, but it's true!

I've loved every dog I've ever had for a different reason. Yogi because he is (was, he's old now) obsessive compulsive about playing fetch with his tennis ball, which I might add is nearly as big as his head. Tala because she is so sweet and loyal and sensitive and calm. Mika because she's so pigheaded and funny and sweet and cuddly and has such a joy for life, she makes me smile every day.

Since we're unable to have children, our fur kids help to fill the void. They're a blessing.

Tala, Mika and Yogi's Hu-mom

Edited by author Wed Jan 2, '08 2:12pm PST

♥- Smokey- ♥

I Want A Butt- Rub!

Barked: Wed Jan 2, '08 6:17pm PST 
I love my dogs because even when I make a mistake and every person in the world is mad at me .... my dogs still love me. It truly is unconditional love.
♥~Lil- Miss- Mya~♥

Sleepy Hollow- Mya

Barked: Wed Jan 2, '08 7:34pm PST 
hail Smokey Pretty Boy hail this is such a wonderful topic, I luv reading the entries, you really get to know the human side of us pups and kitties. It is hard to pin point any one thing we luv about our animals but you can if you think about it hard enough. I adore you for being brave enough to start a topic applause thank you. Husky Hugs, Howls & Luv Lil Miss Mya way to go your sooo cool
Smokey RIP

Pretty Boy!!!

Barked: Fri Jan 4, '08 4:36pm PST 
Thank you! I thought it would be a good one! I agree it is really hard to name just one thing but it is really fun to see the things people are writing about their dogs. The unconditional love that are animals give us is unbelievable. I guess that is why I started this topic, to see if we were the same.
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2