How did you get your name?

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Minnie

Where's the- rabbit?

Barked: Wed Nov 28, '07 5:32am PST 
Hi Pug Pals,
Ming and I haven't been members of Pug Pals for very long, and maybe you have done this before, but we thought it would be fun if we found out how you got your name. Did you come with it? Did your Mommy and Daddy give it to you? Was there some specific meaning behind the name? Were you named after someone? We would love to find out, cause some of us have very unique names.
Minnie

Where's the- rabbit?

Barked: Wed Nov 28, '07 5:36am PST 
Ok, I will go first. When Mommy and Daddy went to the shelter, I had a name already. It was Trixie. I was only at the shelter for about a week, and I was found as a stray, so I really didn't know my name too well. Mom & Dad wanted to give me a special name from them. They thought about Pebbles, cause I was eating rocks at the shelter when they visited me. They finally decided on Minnie, cause they said I was small (mini) and cute as Minnie Mouse. I have had my name for over 10 years now, and I love it.
snoopy
Ming

Lover boy!

Barked: Wed Nov 28, '07 5:40am PST 
My turn, my turndancing
My pedigree name is Master Ming. I had this name since I was born. My other family gave it to me, I guess, and I don't know how they came up with it. When they left me and my breeding mate, Mia at the shelter last year, Mommy and Daddy came to meet me and they said it was love at first sight. Mommy says she would prefer a different name for me, but since I had the name for over 4 years, they thought I should keep it. I don't really care as long as I have my forever Mommy and Daddy now.

Dink

Seriously, can I- get some food- here?

Barked: Wed Nov 28, '07 9:27am PST 
Ok, Ok, Ok,

My momma and daddy had to drive about an hour to come get me from my breeder. All the way there, my momma kept throwing out names. She wanted King or Kong, thinking it was funny a small dog with a big name. My human sister was voting for Craul, from how to lose a man in 10 days. Dad really didn't like that name either. So momma kept tossing names out, but one name momma didn't want was Jack. She didn't want to be yelling "Jack Off" for any reason. Then when they seen me, dad said he is such a Dinky little guy. And then daddy turned to momma and said, that's it. He will be my Dink. He just loves it when momma askes people "Would you like to see a picture of my husbands Dink?" Then when he tells people "My Dink weighs 25 pounds" see where this is going? Daddy, you are naughty...
Minnie

Where's the- rabbit?

Barked: Wed Nov 28, '07 9:39am PST 
That was a good one, Dink. Mommy can't stop laughing. laugh out loud
Good thing Daddy doesn't use my name. hee hee.
Gaius Maximus

Supercutie

Barked: Wed Nov 28, '07 11:40am PST 
My first name was blue, that's what they used ta identify me at the breeder cause that's the colour of ma collar. Mama named me Gaius in honor of her first puppy when she was a little girl, his name was Caesar. The Maximus is cause I'm rather rotund.big grin
Kingstars- Louie

I'm the Boss of- Our House!

Barked: Thu Nov 29, '07 6:10am PST 
Oh dat waz funny Dink!!big laugh But it is a cute name.

As fer me...my mom she was looking at names on da internet. And she would write the ones down that she liked. Then she ran them across to my Dad. Well they really liked Louie.....and they said that is his name. Just Louie! Well they traveled almost 3 hrs to get me at the breeders near Ottawa and alot of my family were show dogs. So they filled out da papers for the Canadian Kennel Club and my official name is "Kingstars Louie" Kingstars is the name of the breeders kennel...and my family name...so that is where that comes from. But everyone calls me Louie and that is jest my name. snoopy
Roscoe 4/1/10 Forever Loved

The original- Love Pug

Barked: Thu Nov 29, '07 8:31am PST 
Well....the human boy gave me my name!! He said even though I wasn't a boy dog, I looked kind of tough, so I needed a guys name!!! I don't think I look very tough (even though I AM the Alpha) But I'm the Queen of the house and queens aren't like boy doggies!!! What do ya think to I look like a Diva or a Tough guy?
Ming

Lover boy!

Barked: Thu Nov 29, '07 9:44am PST 
You look like a Diva to me, and a real pretty onewink
Molly Grace

Molly Grace - learning to be- loved

Barked: Thu Nov 29, '07 1:32pm PST 
My name used to be "Wendy" when I was at the 'bad place', but when I went to Mammaw Bev's from the shelter to be fostered, she renamed me "Molly". When I went to DaMomma, she didn't want to confuse me more by changing my name again, and she liked Molly. She just tacked "Grace" onto the back of it, and now she calls me Missa Molly Gracie sometimes...it's funny! wink
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3