Did he mean to do it?

King Dewey- of- Destruction

I'm not your- typical pug!

Barked: Mon Nov 26, '07 8:47pm PST 
I keep telling myself no... but with the sick things that go on in this world, and with the weird things that happened, it wouldn't surprise me.

It was a typical Saturday when my mom took me to school. I played with our trainer for a bit and visited with my classmate, Skye. He was finally coming out from under the stool. He was wagging his tail and he was happy to see us, finally, after 4 weeks.

My mom was talking with his mom when we heard a creepy, deep, scratchy voice.

"Is that a pug?" he asked.

"Yes" my mom said, and when she looked up she was a little startled. He was a dark, extremely dirty man. He was very dirty from head to toe, clothes, hair and all. He was missing most of his teeth, and he reaked (spelling?) of strong smoke and other smells.

We don't judge people at all... but there was just something creepy about him.

He told her that he had a pug that lived 16 years. Now he has three cats and a chihuahua. He stuck his hand over our school gated area and sort of pet my head and touched my nose. I jumped back a little bit, because something smelled that I did not like. He left.

Within minutes my mom and Skye's mom was giggling about me laying on the ground, throwing my paw over my face... they thought I was goofing off.

My mom picked me up and jumped a little... my right eye was puffy and red. She thought maybe I had an itch but thought it looked really weird and the timing was even weirder.

Minutes went by and it seemed like I got worse. The trainer called me over for my turn and stopped. He picked me up and ran me over to the vet in the back. He came back in a minute or two and my eye was about 5 times bigger, and my mouth was too. It looked like I lost a major fist fight. He told my mom that I needed to see a vet now. Mine isn't so close so she ran me back to the room again.

I had a major allergic reaction to something and it was giving me massive hives. I thought that it may have been to cats but my classmate lives with cats and his family pets me all the time, and I've been in homes that had cats, so that wasn't it.

They told me that I needed IV shots and to get a catheter placed. They said that I needed to be with them for the next 3 1/2 hours and for my mom to come back and get me. They told me I needed to be treated right away, because with me having a squished face the hives could get to my throat real soon which could affect my breathing. It broke my moms heart to leave me... but she had to.

I was doing so good in class too....

When she came back they told her how I kept crying in pain and they would distract me with treats. My puffiness went down and they sent her with some very nasty medicine to give me twice a day for 3 days. I hate it and fight it as much as I can.

My trainer talked to my mom and said he really thinks it was something on that man and that people saw him in the cat area and thought he was pretty creepy.

Other people now tell my mom that there are sick people out there who would stick people with needles or hit them with some kind of substance to hurt a person or animal for no reason at all. My mom asked my dad if he thinks that the guy would have done something to me for no reason and he said he wouldn't doubt it.

It breaks our hearts but we are so happy that I seem to be doing okay. I made up my class with another class the next morning. My mom said I was doing good that morning and my trainer replied with, "He always does good."

He told her that this has never happened before and unfortunately I was the first but there is always a first, and for now on he is not going to let people pet us unless we say it's okay.

I just can't imagine what would have happened if we waited any longer. The puffiness on my eyes and mouth was huge. It makes me sad to think that the man meant to do this.
Ming

Lover boy!

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '07 5:05am PST 
Dewey, pal, I am so sorry for what you had to go through. I hope it wasn't the man who did that to you. It does seem odd, though, that you got sick right after he touched you. Dewey, keep happy and don't be afraid of people, we just have to be very careful. Us puggies are very cute, you know. Hope you keep feeling better and never have to get sick again.
Furby

I'm- cute

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '07 6:35am PST 
Poor Dewey. Glad to hear you're doing better now. We're happy you got help right away. Did any of the other class members get sick? Take care buddy!

King Dewey- of- Destruction

I'm not your- typical pug!

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '07 5:22pm PST 
Thank you guys... nope no one else got sick.. and I was the only one he touched which makes me think it more.
Hana Chan- (Rainbow- Bridge)

Very Lady Hana- the Ebullient of- Helions

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '07 7:07pm PST 
Wow! That's strange. It is unfortunate, but there are humans who have mental illnesses that allow them to do these sort of things. On the other hand, maybe he didn't do it purposely. The main point is that you are okay now. I'm sorry that happened to youcry
Roscoe 4/1/10 Forever Loved

The original- Love Pug

Barked: Thu Nov 29, '07 8:37am PST 
I sure hope he didn't do it on purpose!! Maybe he was doing some janitorial work or painting and had something on his hands!! Our Maddie had a reaction similar to this except she collapsed after her dystemper (?) shot!! They had to revive her, but she's doing better now and we hope you never have anything like that again!!!
Bonnie

Mommy's Lovey

Barked: Sat Dec 1, '07 6:23pm PST 
Boy I am very sorry that happened to you. I hope that man didn't have such a mean heart to do that. However it is very strange that you didn't get sick 'til after he touched you.
Am so happy that you are okay. Most humans are nice but there are that very few who are sick & will hurt animals & people.
I wish you well & Happy Holidays.
Woofies & Huggies !!
Bonnie, the Bonster wink wave way to go hug
Pedro- Leaftroff- Bodagendogg

Pedro the Pug- Pirate

Barked: Tue Dec 4, '07 7:30pm PST 
I'm sorry to hear about your unfortunate incident. Regardless of whether it was accidental or on purpose, my Momma would be so scared. I won't tell her about this one. I am glad that it wasn't serious and that you jumped right back into the swing of things the next day!

keep on puggin'!
way to go