Stop Biting me!!

Oscar

Loves cuddles!

Barked: Thu Sep 20, '07 10:09am PST 
Hi All - need help/advise - I love my westie to bits and couldn't see my life without him but he is constantly biting his mum and dad!! We think it's cos it's attention seeking?
He only bites me and my boyfriend (mum and dad hehe) - He's a 5 month old westie so we put it down to him being a boystrous pup? We obviously tell him know but he does get a little excited with the bitting!
Anyone else had this problem?? He doesn't bite anyone else which is good
Riley

I'm Trouble with- a capital T!

Barked: Thu Sep 20, '07 1:40pm PST 
Well, it's best to nip this in the bud quickly! Riley just bit me last Friday (pretty bad bite, too - gave me a black eye!), so we're working with him on that.

With Benny, when he was a pup, anytime he'd try to bite us, we'd stick a toy in his mouth and we'd really overreact like his little bite had really hurt us. It took some time, but gradually he caught the drift and stopped nibbling on us.

I'd just chalk this up to puppy teething. Just keep showing him who is boss and letting him know what is appropriate to chew on. Good luck!

Susie
Kelsie

Born to Ride

Barked: Thu Sep 20, '07 2:47pm PST 
Dad's son had a German Sheperd who was a persistent hand licker. Dad really got tired of it so he would put just a lil Tobasco sauce on the back of his hands when he visited. It took about two visits for the shep to learn that licking Dad just wasn't a good idea. I wouldn't use a lot because you don't want to hurt your puppy.

cara

baby

Barked: Fri Sep 21, '07 4:23am PST 
HAS HE GOT PLENTY OF TOYS ETC TO PLAY WITH. HE MAY BE TEETHING. WHEN HE GOES TO BITE IS HE PLAYING OR NASTY. TRY TO ENCOURAGE HIM TO PLAY WITH A TOY WHEN HE GOES TO BITE YOU.
OLIVER

have a trot a- day makes dogys- happy x

Barked: Mon Oct 22, '07 12:19pm PST 
HI HAVE YOU TRYED GIVE IN HIM A CHEWY STICK JUST A SMALL ONE TO CHEW ON INSTEAD OF YOUR FINGERS ,AN SAY NO TO HIM WHEN HE Bites U AN TAP ON HIS NOSE JUST GENTLY .REMEMBER HES ONLY A BABY ! good luck xsnoopy