Grief Relief

(Page 22 of 152: Viewing entries 211 to 220)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  [Last 10 entry]  
Daisy (In- Loving- Memory)

Sniff- the good- Sniff

Barked: Sat Mar 8, '08 3:08pm PST 
Above Poem sent to us by Greta and her Angel fursisters

Edited by author Sat Mar 8, '08 3:08pm PST

Sadie Mae- (7/14/00 - 4/21/07)

I'm- beautiful...just- ask me...

Barked: Sat Mar 8, '08 4:33pm PST 
It has almost been a year....and today I was finally able to go buy a beautiful Urn type vase to put my babies ashes in...until today they have been in the tin I received them in. It was cute but not my girl and I wanted something that spoke to me...something Sadie. I found it today, in a store that I did not even want to go in. Well as it turns out it is a neat store will all kinds of things. I was not looking for Sadie's resting spot I never do. That is to say I have known I wanted something else it just was nothing I could actually go out and look for. Well I was happy and sad all at once and Dennis felt the same way. However we both agreed it was perfect for our princess. We came right home and put her in and put her right back front and center on her shelf. It is beautiful just like Sadie.
Sometimes I worry that I focus so much on her loss that I loose sight of the ones that live. I have tried to be better with that...spend time on Lucas ,Logan and Riley's pages and there groups. I felt so lost and so consumed with the comfort I found here. Now sometimes I feel guilty and think I have them right here right now...Sadie would want them to have what she always did...and poor Lucas what must he of thought. So this is something I have been working on. Not to say that my pups are neglected I am sure those who know them and me...would laugh at the very idea. However I know how consumed I was and still am,just now I can see...you know what I mean? I am more aware of depth of the sadness and what I was letting happen. Grief is that way we all muddle through it the best we can. It always hits me so hard when I see a new angel or hear of one...That pain you know is felt the emotion ...it always hits home like a ton of bricks.I am babbling now...sorry...
Cisco Kid

Free Kisses!!!

Barked: Sat Mar 8, '08 5:15pm PST 
hughugMiss Sadie Maehughughug You go right ahead and "babble" on, we know what you mean. Since Mama didn't have anything left of me to make ashes out of the best she can do is make a little shrine of me in her closet and she keeps all of my photos all over the house. Today she took Jewels to the spot where my life ended and decided it was time to clear away the brush and put a little memorial outside for me...maybe a little wooden dog house with a cross and she is going to plant something pretty. Mama gets a lump in her throat when she sees the "spot" from far away and almost never goes there. The fruit trees are located here and they have mostly been neglected since that day. Today Mama saw lots of new spring blossoms on the peach, apple and plum trees and took a little stroll up on the "hill"...she still looks around to see if there is anything left of me....*sigh*....now I'm rambling......cry

Edited by author Sat Mar 8, '08 5:27pm PST

Mrs. Riley- (of- O'Riley's)

Riley..- .say- Mom...

Barked: Sat Mar 8, '08 5:23pm PST 
Sadie - sweetheart.....I was delivered to mom and dad in a beautiful urn with a place to put my picture (this was far more preferable than the boxes my kitty siblings were delivered in). Mom and Dad are going to make a pet garden this Spring. We have a little Bridge in the far reaches of our yard (I'm on the bridge in one of my pictures). They will make a garden for all of us.

Cisco - what can I say? Your mom does not have your ashes...I know they would bring her comfort.....but, after all, they would just be ashes, right? It is your HEART and SOUL, that mom misses...and those will be with her forever. And with us, as well.

Cisco and Sadie and all pups....you live on in your family. You live on...... Just think...we would never know you, if your mom and/or dad didn't write about you. But they did. Because they love you. And now - we love you too.cloud 9cloud 9cloud 9cloud 9
Mrs. Riley- (of- O'Riley's)

Riley..- .say- Mom...

Barked: Sat Mar 8, '08 5:27pm PST 
p.s. Today, Quinn did something she never does! She left the yard to play with an elderly Lab who had wandered down our way. When Quinn returned, she bounded across the road with tremendous joy in her heart. And all Mom could think of was....what if she got hit by a car? She didn't, (thank God!!!), but for those of you who have lost your loved ones suddenly, special thoughts go your way.

For those who lost their loves ones to illness....or old age...special thoughts go your way as well!!!
Cisco Kid

Free Kisses!!!

Barked: Sat Mar 8, '08 5:33pm PST 
eekOMD...Quinn is one lucky Pup....us angels better watch over him extra special....
Jazzy &- D-Day

Together forever

Barked: Sat Mar 8, '08 5:40pm PST 
The blues just come and go don't they. I haven't been able to post for the past few days cause I was feeling the same way as Sadie's mom. I haven't been neglecting Belle but I felt like I was spending more time with Jazzy and D-Day than her. When they left and I felt so guilty looking at her like all I have left is you. We were in a really bad place with Belle not know if we could turn her around as a rescue but we've finally done it. I prayed to D for strength and Jazzy for stubborness and it seems they were there whenever I needed just a little extra push.
When the 2 first went I did see a site called pet steps to heaven. They're garden stone you can put their ashes or tags in and have whatever you want on the part of the stone that shows like their name with a paw print or their picture whatever. I haven't gone back to the site. Maybe you guys want to check it out. I think it would look really prett under one of the fruit trees for Cisco.
Babbling now too...
Cisco Kid

Free Kisses!!!

Barked: Sat Mar 8, '08 5:54pm PST 
I know I've posted this before but sometimes I feel guilty too knowing that I have a perfectly healthy new pup sitting here at my feet yet my heart still aches for "Him"...reading this always helps me to remember what I have today.....

Second Dog-

Sometimes I look for traits in you
Of a little dog you never knew.
A dog who loved me all his days
and understood in special ways.
But that's not fair to you, my elf,
You're not a substitute, but are yourself.
You've dried the tears and eased the pain
And tugged my laughter home again.
Yet, at times, puppy, I almost start
When your eyes recall him to my heart.
You'll never lack for love, it's clear --
Because of him, you're twice as dear.
Sadie Mae- (7/14/00 - 4/21/07)

I'm- beautiful...just- ask me...

Barked: Sat Mar 8, '08 6:25pm PST 
hughughughughughughughug What would we we do without each other...hughughughughug
Jazzy &- D-Day

Together forever

Barked: Sat Mar 8, '08 6:38pm PST 
hughughugRBAB and familieshughughug

I love that poem, I've never seen it before. I'm putting it on Belle's page if it's okay. I do see in her a lot of Jazzy's traits but I do love her for herself. I don't know what I would have done without you all.
Patti
hug
  (Page 22 of 152: Viewing entries 211 to 220)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  [Last 10 entry]