DOGSTER GROUPS TO CHECK OUT AND JOIN!!!

(Page 2 of 19: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  
Gibbon

I came. I saw.- I conquered!

Barked: Sat Jun 30, '07 1:12pm PST 
The Card Shower Gang

This is a group of pups/cats that send cards to pups that have went to Rainbow Bridge, birthday, etc. The mods pmail a pup that they find on Dogster who is in need of TLC or a member requests the mods to reach out to the pup and ask if the family would like to be showered with cards. If they say yes...Cards are sent by snail mail or an e-card depending on whether they would like to give their address or e-mail. The information is provided to the group members. Actual home addresses are never posted in the group but p-mailed by request for privacy purposes. They can even send the e-card links to p-mail. The group is looking for pups/cats that would love to send out cards to families.
Gibbon

Barked: Sun Jul 8, '07 5:13am PST 
July 8, 2007: Lost and Found - Dogsters and Catsters Unite!

This group was created by Baby Brutus a long time ago. Pups/kitties who were lost could post where they were lost by state in the group thread. Other pups/kitties could see where they were lost and members could look on their own. Now we are also taking on a new initiative of being proactive to finding pups/kitties. It's called the Site Houndz Initiative. The goal is to search through all the national websites such as Craigslist and petfinder. We are asking for pups to join in the search! Every pair of eyes count and if we could find just one pup or kitty, how pawsome would that be! We are looking for pups who can help search through sites and leaders who can oversee and delegate the tasks. Pups who can call or e-mail when there is a hot lead is a PLUS! So please join today and let's find our lost pals!
Gibbon

Barked: Sun Jul 15, '07 6:54am PST 
DOGGIE DO GOODERS

Admin: ME! hehe.

Doggie Do Gooders is a group of Dogster pups who are committed to donate money to one rescue organization every month. Donations are $1 to $100 via check or paypal or other funding source. How it works is actually simple - any group member can nominate a rescue organization, then the members p-mail their vote to the designated moderator. The organization that has majority vote is the pick of the month! It typically is a 501(c)(3) organization. We gather a total for the month from either the organization itself as well as request members to p-mail the amount they donated to the designated moderator. If any pup is interested, please note that we ask only one pup per family to join as the representative. This provides one vote, one nomination and a more accurate estimate on total amount of donations from the group.

If interested, please contact Gibbon for any questions or request for an invite. Serious inquiries only. Thanks pups!

Gibbon

Barked: Sun Jul 22, '07 7:01am PST 
PAWSOME PAGES

Shout out by Admin Bailey

Pawsome Pages is a group where you learn, and teach others, codes and techniques to decorate your pet page.

The group not only learns how to recognize and removed junk from the codes they get from internet sites, but also how to write their own stylesheets for their pages.

An example of a stylesheet is the myspace layouts you find and paste in your bio field. Most do not realize they already use a stylesheet code or two on their page, and you can learn to combine all sorts of things into one code and take it further. Wouldn't it be nice to make your page - yourway?

Each month we have a page contest with a given theme. The contest is divided into 4 level categories. The theme for our August contest is "Hot Summer Fun"

I admin the group with my kitty sister, Icebox (now who doesn't know Icebox?). All furs are welcome. Plus and non-plus, and any skill level - even if you have no skill at all.
Gibbon

Barked: Sun Jul 29, '07 11:32am PST 
ANIMALS IN DISASTERS

Shout out by Admin TOY

A knock on your door, its 3 am, and you are told you have one hour to gather your belongings and evacuate. What will you do? Where will you go?

New Orleans was a tragedy, and still is, as far as the pets were concerned, and this is something I am trying to avoid at all costs. Education is the key factor, and the more they are aware, the more their pets will be spared from any disaster inthe making. So many pets perished in New Orleans, either still chained as the levies broke, or were left to slowly starve while their human counterparts were ordered to leave them behind. I am trying to do my best to make sure that such tragedies like this one are averted, and the pets remain safe with their families.

If this is a concern for you, then come check out Pets in Disasters, and hopefully come away with some food for thought.
Gibbon

Barked: Sun Aug 5, '07 5:37am PST 
IT'S TRICKY!

Barked out by Admin, Riley! http://www.dogster.com/dogs/391551

We will learn a new trick or behavior every month or so (longer depending on the difficulty) and there will be a fun photo or video contest to go a long with each trick just to make it a little more fun and motivating. We will start out slow and steady with a less difficult trick first (Example Sit) then move on. If you have a click for training that would be great (we will touch base on this too, if you don't know it) but you don't have to use this method if it doesn't work for you, there are so many ways to train and I'm sure everyone will have different ideas. Everyone's opinion counts and if one way doesn't work for you some one may have a better way.

Anyone that wants to learn new tricks or perfect old ones or help out other pups are welcome to join. All training levels accepted.
Gibbon

Barked: Sun Aug 12, '07 9:20am PST 
August 12, 2007: A Team

Shout out by Admin Inky Dinky Doodle

The A Team is a group that is determined to give wings to every pup and kitty that want them! We welcome all those who are at the Bridge and all wing makers! We have a Bridge Pup/Kitty of the Week and also help with custom backgrounds for any pups or kitties who want them. Those of us who make wings do it for a reason...we have been shown love and support by Dogsters/Catsters in our times of bereavement...this is just a way for us to return that love!snoopy
Mrs. Trudy

No Snoop Left- Behind

Barked: Sun Aug 12, '07 3:54pm PST 
Gibby...I just have to say

applauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplause
hughughughughughughughug

Thanks for all your hard work! cheer
Gibbon

Barked: Sun Aug 19, '07 5:24am PST 
Awwww, thanks Trudy! That means a lot to meeee!dancing I love to join great groups but sometimes it can be hard for pups to find when there are so many out there!shock I hope some pups have found some great groups!big grin
Gibbon

Barked: Sun Aug 19, '07 5:31am PST 
August 19, 2007: Guestbooks Galore!

Bark ed out by Admin, DAISY

Guestbooks Galore is a group that focuses on giving and receiving new guestbook entries. For anyone that has ever wanted to get new guestbook entries, or find new guestbooks to sign, this is your group! Although everyone can join, the member base is more focussed towards pups with guestbooks or Shoutboxes on their pages.dancing
  (Page 2 of 19: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19