MICE

mona

Barked: Sat Jun 9, '07 2:21pm PST 
I've only caught a handful of mice in my career. They're the toughest because they stay under cover. My humans' mousetraps are more effective than I am. Those puny varmits keep moving into our old, very rural house. My old man taunts me every time a trap catches one, saying mean things like: "We oughta replace you with a cat!", or, "I'm going down to the desert to catch a bull snake. One snake in the crawl space would be worth ten Mona's!"
I'm getting desperate- any good mousing strategies/ pointers out there?

Edited by author Sat Jun 9, '07 2:30pm PST

Sophie

Did someone say - SQUIRREL???

Barked: Sun Jun 10, '07 5:41am PST 
Tell your "he-man" to go sit in the trees with the squirrels if he's going to tease you like that. I don't hear about him catching mice on his own. He has to use traps! And if all else fails, bite him on the leg when he teases. laugh out loud My family always tease me that they're gonna trade me in on a dog who likes to be petted. Real nice. huh? (Good thing we know they're only kidding).

Mice are the hardest to catch. They're quick, and can squeeze in the littlest holes!
Jasper

100% vermin- hunting farm- dog!!

Barked: Sun Jun 10, '07 6:16pm PST 
Mice are so hard to catch!!! Very quick and they can hide easily! I think they also have a nasty tasteconfused

Safari

Betcha I can- distroy that. - 10 seconds!

Barked: Wed Jun 13, '07 2:03am PST 
Mom believes that all the mice I carry around are 'ill-gotten'. She accuses me of stealing the mice from the cats.

I figure that if she really wants to find out, she should get rid of all the cats. Then when I still show up with mice, she will see that cats are useless.

We have owls in the yard. They do a MUCH better job of mousing than the stupid cats.