Grooming Tips

Bella the- Golden- Retriever

Watch out for my- PUPPY POWERS!

Barked: Fri Mar 2, '07 4:51am PST 
I'm struggling with being groomed. I basically just wanna eat the brush. How's it going for you other puppies? Anyone got any tips to make it easier? Anyone going the groomers?
LUCY

Bark at- everything!

Barked: Fri Mar 2, '07 12:38pm PST 
Hi Bella, mom has to take me to my vet who has groomers. I just won't hold still for mom. They use harnesses that are safe and don't bother me but it keeps me in the tub and on the table.
Plus, I reall enjoy the attention!
I'm not fond of the huge, loud puppy dryer thing!crycry
Good luck little girl!
LUCY
Bella the- Golden- Retriever

Watch out for my- PUPPY POWERS!

Barked: Sat Mar 3, '07 4:34am PST 
I was afraid of that! Mom tried again this morning and I fought the good fight! Mom's got scratches to prove it. I didn't mean to do that, but I am skeered of that brush! Maybe mom should try another one. She probably just wants an excuse to go shopping!

LUCY

Bark at- everything!

Barked: Sat Mar 3, '07 8:35am PST 
When mom does brush me(when I let her) she uses a double-sided brush. It's soft on one side and has bristles on the other. I like getting my back and neck brushed...kind of like getting a massage. But my legs, tail and belly are pretty much off limits!frown
Hendrix

Balls, Balls,- Water, Water,- Water...

Barked: Wed Mar 14, '07 4:29pm PST 
Bella...

Make sure your mama gets you use to the brush when you're young...
I use to think it was a game and always tryed to attack it, but now I love it...
Mama just has to show it to me and I come a running and lie right down for the enjoyment...
I get brushed every other Day...
Lovin it!!!!cloud 9cloud 9cloud 9cloud 9cloud 9cloud 9
Butters

That's me!

Barked: Thu Mar 15, '07 4:55am PST 
My mom was using a brush for awhile that didn't feel good. I put up a fight every time she got near me with that thing. The lady at the pet store recommended it for Goldens. I think that lady got us Goldens confused with a short-haired breed b/c when Mom looked at the packaging when she went back to the store, she realized her mistake! Now I have a brush for long haried dogs and I just love it, love it, love it. cloud 9cloud 9cloud 9
Jake ☮

Throw- me a- ball!!!!!!

Barked: Thu Mar 15, '07 7:02pm PST 
When I was a baby, mommy bought a brush and brushed me. I barked at it and then stole it and tried to lose it in the backyard. Everytime I saw it I barked at it...I didn't understand what it was. But now, i love being brushed. It is like a massage. I think age will make you like being brushed. i dont go to a groomer. mommy takes care of it. I would probably pee in fear of the big dryer thing......
Mommy uses 3 brushes on me. i love brush time. I dont think you need much grooming yet do you? It is good to start early though. You just have to get used to the brushes like I did!
Good luck!
Jakedog
Annie

I Love Being- Your Friend!

Barked: Tue Jun 12, '07 4:35pm PST 
My mom brushes me on the porch. I love sticks, so she has a collection of them for me. She gives me a stick to chew while she brushes. It works pretty good if the stick is big enough so I don't finish crushing it before she finishes brushing me. She tried toys before that and it sometimes worked, but not as good as the stick.
Licks and Wags, Annie
Madisyn

Its all about- me....Madie!!!!

Barked: Fri Jun 15, '07 6:01pm PST 
I try to eat and chew the brush. Mama tries to brush me when Im relaxed...almost sleeping,even then I try to attack it.

I went to Petco and got groomed once. The lady said I was very good for her. And its ok to get groomed there....atleast for pups. They dont do too much. Basically bathe,cut nails,ear cleaning,trim hair on pads....just the basics.